Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New York Jets Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

phatkev wrote: »
    I hope not, he'd be murdered going against the Bills and Fins d-lines twice a season. The only way someone will pick him up is if washington release, which I don't think will happen.
    In other news Jace Amaro is out for the season with a torn labrum:mad: So as he stands the three TE's are Jeff Cumberland, Kellen Davis and Wes Saxton!! makes me a little bit sick even typing that out

I agree the only way is if Washington out right releases him, then the Jets won't be on the hook for all that money.

There's always the roster cuts that will happen in the league regarding TE's. The Jets could pick another quality TE after final cuts, and the Titans have an overabundance of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Enunwa was getting some reps at h-back during the preseason so he could get an increased role. As of now the top FA available right now is Zach Miller, but from what I can remember the Hawks cut him because he failed a physical so don't know what shape he's in. Anybody know what Dustin Keller is at these days? could be worth a call

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I hope not, he'd be murdered going against the Bills and Fins d-lines twice a season. The only way someone will pick him up is if washington release, which I don't think will happen.
    In other news Jace Amaro is out for the season with a torn labrum:mad: So as he stands the three TE's are Jeff Cumberland, Kellen Davis and Wes Saxton!! makes me a little bit sick even typing that out

ah ffs I so wanted this to be a breakout year for him! Cumberland is fine as a #2 and offers something but his hands don't appear to function like normal humans. Saxton I don't think I've seen at all and I thought Kellen Davis had a decent chance of missing the roster too... I hope we see something coming from other squad cuts. Without knowing Chan Gailey's offense that well is it possible he'd run with a lot less packages using a TE and have more 3/4 WR sets or carrying more backs instead?

Ex NY Jets TE Jet Kellen Winslow Jr. has reached out to the Jets.

Tweet:
    @nyjets call me. In Shape. Fresh legs. #ReceivingTE pic.twitter.com/2nj8W0z2YP

Amerika wrote: »
    Ex NY Jets TE Jet Kellen Winslow Jr. has reached out to the Jets.

Tweet:
    @nyjets call me. In Shape. Fresh legs. #ReceivingTE pic.twitter.com/2nj8W0z2YP

LOL!! I don't think him and Cro could be in the same state as each other, never mind the same team

• Advertisement

Calvin Pryor has been far from good this preseason, but this play against the Giants put a smile on my face
    https://vine.co/v/eTKeKHvlQDY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Enemkpali cut by the Bills!

John Connor, Will Cambell and Matt Simms got cut up there too, how many ex-Jets do they have??

the final roster cuts from today:
    Screen%20shot%202015-09-05%20at%2022.56.08.png

Chris Owusu and Walt Powell are two surprise cuts for me, felt they both had very good pre-season/training camp. Both Flynn and Johnson were cut to, so Petty will be holding down the QB2 spot until Geno comes back

the final roster cuts from today:
    Screen%20shot%202015-09-05%20at%2022.56.08.png

Chris Owusu and Walt Powell are two surprise cuts for me, felt they both had very good pre-season/training camp. Both Flynn and Johnson were cut to, so Petty will be holding down the QB2 spot until Geno comes back

Wow we're now incredibly short at wr for a Bailey team. And carrying loads of cbs and oline depth. Also looking at the roster we're really weak with the linebackers.

• Advertisement

yeah I don't really understand keeping so many mediocre linemen, if any of the starting five went down you could find a FA lineman just as any of them. Bowles likes using his DBs, so I can understand the depth there. but yeah 5 WR in Gaily's system seems a bit light especially when Devin Smiths not even fit. the TE are just straight up pathetic. I assume Milliner is going to be put on short term IR and the freed up space will be used for WR/TE

Good stuff, didn't want to see Decker or Kerley near a return.

1st win of the season recorded anyway, but it was far from prefect. Marshall makes such a difference to this team, Ivory was a beast too. Fitz didnt turn the ball over so thats good.Defense started of really slow but improved big time in the second half.

Horrible to see the injury to Mauldin, looked really bad the way he was strapped in going of the field and then brought straight to the hospital. Really hope its not serious, football definitely takes a back sit when you see things like that. the talk of twitter is that Cro's ACL is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

1st win of the season recorded anyway, but it was far from prefect. Marshall makes such a difference to this team, Ivory was a beast too. Fitz didnt turn the ball over so thats good.Defense started of really slow but improved big time in the second half.

Horrible to see the injury to Mauldin, looked really bad the way he was strapped in going of the field and then brought straight to the hospital. Really hope its not serious, football definitely takes a back sit when you see things like that. the talk of twitter is that Cro's ACL is gone

Didn't see Mauldin's one, needed a little sleep before work, but Cro looked terrible when it happened. Nobody around him and the knee just gave out. Watching him going off on the stretcher to the dressing room with the towel over his head you knew he was in trouble

In Exile wrote: »
    Didn't see Mauldin's one, needed a little sleep before work, but Cro looked terrible when it happened. Nobody around him and the knee just gave out. Watching him going off on the stretcher to the dressing room with the towel over his head you knew he was in trouble

Mauldins one was scary man, didn't seem like there was anything in it, someone fell on his head then he went to stand up and fell straight back down. according to the players he was non responsive and his eyes rolled to the back of his head. he was then carried off completely strapped into a stretcher, they hadn't taken of his helmet or anything.
    reports say that he is alert and has full feeling, but the hospital are keeping him for more tests.

its horrible to see any player get injured but with Cro it might make the secondary better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Happy to have got the win but the Browns really are limited. Fitzmagic did everything which was asked of him. Maudlin will be back not too sure on Cromatie, think he knew straight away he'd blown out his knee.

Good performance yesterday after a tepid start. Whilst the injuries are both severe they're not that significant in terms or talent lost, Cro looked poor and Williams was stepping up well in coverage and similarly Reilly was rushing the outside very well, really enjoyed his sack from behind.

from Bleacher Report:rolleyes:
    4faWX8k.jpg

Cro's mri came back negative, just a sprained knee

• Advertisement

Surprised with that, thought he went down very heavily on it

That's good news. Any word yet on linebacker Lorenzo Mauldin?

That's good news. Any word yet on linebacker Lorenzo Mauldin?

He was released from hospital today with a concussion. Only time I'll ever be happy to hear a player has a concussion, could very easily have been Dennis Byrd all over again

The Jets are scheduled to try out former Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor who switched to WR in the NFL. He was waived by the Browns last week. If the Jets sign him, will we see the wildcat added into the offensive mix?

wildcat

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Jets are scheduled to try out former Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor who switched to WR in the NFL. He was waived by the Browns last week. If the Jets sign him, will we see the wildcat added into the offensive mix?

That's fairly odd, we tried and released 2 others, not sure if he'd be an upgrade.

* I assumed trying him out as a QB? Surely not a WR, we're fine out there I would have thought...

hots wrote: »
    Surely not a WR, we're fine out there I would have thought...

if he couldn't get a WR slot on that browns team he hasn't got a hope in hell of getting a place on the jets.

heres Todd Bowles mic'd up from sundays game if anyones interested

Great win last night, thought Decker and Marshall had great games and once the defense got going they looked pretty strong (although game up some soft running yards again). Fitz would give ya a heart attack with the 3 and long bombs he likes to drop but did well too. 2-0, Happy Days!

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    Great win last night, thought Decker and Marshall had great games and once the defense got going they looked pretty strong (although game up some soft running yards again). Fitz would give ya a heart attack with the 3 and long bombs he likes to drop but did well too. 2-0, Happy Days!

Yeah they gave up a few big gains on the ground early on, but seemed to tighten it up a bit after a while. but yeah they need to be on top of that **** from the start of the game. I was surprised with the jets run game, couldn't get anything going until late in the game. and another game has gone with Kerley getting little to no snaps, while Enunwa is on the field dropping passes left, right and centre!!
    Hopefully Deckers Knee injury isn't too serious.
    Media folk are already downplaying this win but for me this was a huge win, to beat Luck, on the road in primetime, whilst forcing 5 turnovers

Also who's this Revis guy:D

Advertisement