Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Notsobusy I've had the same warning re baths :) & in fairness me getting out of the bath even with help is pretty comical :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Sat on a step today to have cuddles with my dog & literally couldn't get up :D Had to be rescued so best not do that when I'm on my own!

We went for a drive and had a picnic down beside the river at graiguenemanagh. U shld have seen me trying to get up off the blanket. A beached whale has nothing on me!ha!

Wrecked now, didn't sleep last night coz OH was sleep walking! He claims he only drank cider but he hasn't done that in years. I was afraid he wld fall down the stairs or something, although at 4 o clock this morning pushing him down the stairs was starting to look appealing!!!!!

Yeah, I have a complete cot!!!! My brothers ex (I never know how to refer to her!) dropped the rest of the cot to my mams house today and my sis just brought it down to my house.
    OH is relieved, he wanted to have it so it was one more thing off the list.
    She also gave us her travel cot! It's a tiny package....half the size of the older ones.

So I'm a happy girl for another few minutes :)

Kildareash - I know the feeling...it's getting so hard to not look silly these days :) Sounds like you had a lovely day & added bonus getting your cot sorted!

Speaking of cots - have people went for cots or cotbeds? A few friends have said to get a cotbed (they got cots) but interested in your opinions :)

I think the one we were given is a cot bed. To be honest, even before I knew my brother was giving us the cot, I hadn't really thought about.

Can't wait to set the room up now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

We got a cotbed :-)

Can I ask what ones you went with? I know you might not know Kildareash as its from your brother :)

We are looking at the Kub Eco Cotbed but it's side doesn't drop & I don't know if this is a big issue :)

We got ours in smyths toys. the sides don't drop and when you want to remove them for the bed then you have to unscrew the sides. don't see any reason why it would matter too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Exciting times Trions :) did you buy? We really have to start looking at getting a house!

Thanks - the place is still a mess but at least we are in, still renting. Fingers crossed will buy in the next year or two..
    kildareash wrote: »
    I've put two or three in my bag for the delivery room, and a full pack of the pampers newborn (not sure how many is in it) in my main hospital bag.
    For anyone that uses the Babybump app, they have a list of stuff you need and it said baby uses 10-12 nappies per day :eek:, so I'm sure a pack will be enough for two days and if i need more, someone will bring them in. I'm sure the hospital won't see you stuck either!

Wow - that's a lot of nappies - may need to go baby shopping again :rolleyes:

How are everyones feet/ankles holding up.. Mine are huge and gross :( Had to go and buy size 8 shoes and flip flops as none of my own would fit me over weekend...

How long did it take everyone to hear back from maternity benefit application. I thought my HR dept had submitted mine 6 weeks ago, but it turns out they hadn't bothered :mad: GRRR - so annoyed... so I only got it in last week - worried now it won't be processed on time.....

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

Trions, I shld have had the form in over a week ago. But payroll have had it for two weeks and my boss had it for a week before that before telling me to email HR and ask who was supposed to fill it out. He's a disaster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Hi Girls,

Glad its a little duller out there today. The heat was too much for me really.
    Baby definatley running out of room these days as every move they make is sore! and there is alot of movement. i think i have a eurovision fan on my hands anyway! kept jumping around during the songs.

My hubby has been out once this year without me. Now he ia farmer and had cows calving up to about a month ago, but he hasnt gone out atall! He has told me that he is going out to the pub on the first night that ireland play in the euros which is fine by me really.

We havent got a cot yet, or even looked at cots yet. Probably wont get once until after baby is born.

So tired today, hubby was in major snuggly mood last night, he was sleep kissing (as apposed to sleep walking) the back of my head at one stage:confused:

My OH goes out once a week with the boys, it's a thurs night but they are usually all home by 11.30! Plus he only has one drink as he drives home. I don'mind at all because I feel he needs to break, he's a farmer too and I think he would be demented if he didn't get his night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Pregnant ladies should not do gardening.

Regret.

Ouch !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Sleep kissing is much better than sleep elbowing believe me!

Had a dreadful sleep last night, room just got too hot, then I woke up from being too cold as had all covers off me. Also woke twice to take a rennies as throat ripped out of me. I MUST BE IN BED AT 10 TONIGHT!!

I got that acknowledgement letter from Dept Welfare re the maternity benefit form being received, I don't know if anything is supposed to happen before the big day but I presume they just start the payments at the appropriate date. I'd like to know how much I'm getting so I can at least plan!

We got a cot bed, just made more sense as you can use it when they are a toddler. Got it in Ikea. Maybe his first proper bed after that will be one of those car beds :D

I have to get onto all fours and sort of walk myself up if I've been sitting on the floor, generally I just move in a ridiculous clumsy fashion! I haven't had a bath for a good few weeks (though I do shower :cool:) and I think I'd have to make sure OH is in the house if I tried it again.

Next weekend (weather permitting) I'd really like to go to the beach and take a swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Hi ladies,

Just a question about those of you who went for GTT test... I had a routine apt this morning and there was sugar in my urine. This happened last time at the hospital but I repeated the test and it was fine. It was also fine at all the GP appointments in between that test and the one this morning. I mentioned it to the consultant and he said that it was because I had breakfast (weetabix) and probably nothing to worry about. Anyway I had the blood test and they just phoned me to come in for the GTT tomorrow as my glucose is 8.7 when the max it should be is 8.3 - can anybody explain how high that is relatively speaking? And for those of you who have had the GTT - is it sort of a given that I will have gestational diabetes? I'm sort of worried now... especially as I'm 34 weeks and they haven't picked it up before this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Anyone else findig their legs and feet are killing?? If i do the smallest thing my feet feel like ive walked 5 miles, today I hoovered and cleaned downstairs and now I can't move off the couch,

I though it was just a myth that pregger ladies shouldnt do much

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Just a question about those of you who went for GTT test... I had a routine apt this morning and there was sugar in my urine. This happened last time at the hospital but I repeated the test and it was fine. It was also fine at all the GP appointments in between that test and the one this morning. I mentioned it to the consultant and he said that it was because I had breakfast (weetabix) and probably nothing to worry about. Anyway I had the blood test and they just phoned me to come in for the GTT tomorrow as my glucose is 8.7 when the max it should be is 8.3 - can anybody explain how high that is relatively speaking? And for those of you who have had the GTT - is it sort of a given that I will have gestational diabetes? I'm sort of worried now... especially as I'm 34 weeks and they haven't picked it up before this...

Mamaheidi, I'm bring treated for GD because I failed the fasting blood test by 0.1.
    I'm in a meeting at the minute, but when I get back to the office in the next hour or so, I'll pm you with my experiences.
    Don't worry, they will probably just start to treat I as if u have it to prevent it from developing.
    Mine was only picked up at 32weeks, I had been told 4 weeks before that I didn't have it!

Javagal - yes my feet get sore if I'm on them a lot :)

For anyone who wanted the perineal massage leaflet, I have it now so please PM me your email address :) and I will pass it on to you.

Mamaheidi, I can't help you re the GTT/GD stuff I'm afraid.
    javagal wrote: »
    Anyone else findig their legs and feet are killing?? If i do the smallest thing my feet feel like ive walked 5 miles, today I hoovered and cleaned downstairs and now I can't move off the couch,

I'm not allowed hoover, or mop! The result of this is that floors don't get done anywhere near often enough, but I don't have to do them. I really find if i do more than an hour of something (cleaning something/ironing/cooking) I really have to go sit down & put my feet up. It's not a myth, it's my reality at the moment :D

I have SO much to clean in the house in prep for baby, but we're not even getting through the week to week cleaning & laundry.

My plan is to use this bank hol weekend to get through stuff... but I said that the last 3 bank hol weekends.

I was freaking out a bit in bed last night that I don't feel ready to be a mother!!! I'm a teeny bit scared of my baby arriving. I'm hoping these feelings will pass!

Mink wrote: »
    I was freaking out a bit in bed last night that I don't feel ready to be a mother!!! I'm a teeny bit scared of my baby arriving. I'm hoping these feelings will pass!

you'll be fine!
    I was 20 when i had my daughter. I hadnt a CLUE! and i was living away from home, so i didnt even have my mam or anyone i trusted around me, and i survived! and now i cannot wait to be a mom again and i know this time will be totally different as this time i have my husband and i know i wont be doing it on my own, and i have my 11 year old who i know will be a massive help too!

• Advertisement

javagal wrote: »

Yes my feet were killing me this morning! I find it easier to sit rather than like on the sofa, otherwise I can't get up and I am actually sore!

I lay out on the lawn yesterday and had four pillow at my head, one under my bum and hip and the another 4 pillows to raise my feet and legs. It was too sore without them all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'm getting a cot: I wanted something with a side that drops and then depending on babs being a girl I'll get her like a princess bed and if its a boy a car bed or something! We'll have the cot in our room for 6 months too so I know it's only a little bit smaller but it will make a big difference: as it is either mine or hubbies locker will have to go (his hahaha :D).

I'm hoping it's just the heat but I am so glad I have a scan tomorrow... I'm having lots and lots of braxton hicks I'm going back to bed for a few hours I think :)

silly wrote: »
    you'll be fine!
    I was 20 when i had my daughter. I hadnt a CLUE! and i was living away from home, so i didnt even have my mam or anyone i trusted around me, and i survived! and now i cannot wait to be a mom again and i know this time will be totally different as this time i have my husband and i know i wont be doing it on my own, and i have my 11 year old who i know will be a massive help too!

I'd love an 11yr old for help! My sis's daughter was about that age when she had her 2nd and she definitely helped her loads (for a bit more pocket money occasionally ;))

I think I feel a bit of a meltdown coming on, I'm just really tired, haven't slept well in weeks, I've so much going around in my head that has to be done, haven't really seen OH properly in days and days and he's not really in touch with me during the day (his work banned mobile phones altogether in work). So now all these anxieties about motherhood are coming up - I think though cos I'm wound up. I'll either talk to himself later or call my sis or something.

cyning wrote: »
    I'm getting a cot: I wanted something with a side that drops and then depending on babs being a girl I'll get her like a princess bed and if its a boy a car bed or something! We'll have the cot in our room for 6 months too so I know it's only a little bit smaller but it will make a big difference: as it is either mine or hubbies locker will have to go (his hahaha :D).

I'm hoping it's just the heat but I am so glad I have a scan tomorrow... I'm having lots and lots of braxton hicks I'm going back to bed for a few hours I think :)

Yep I've been getting alot of BH aswell. I think it's just the heat. Just left a message with the hospital asking can I have a quick scan next week when I have my appointment. I'd love to have a fair idea of the weight so far!

Cyning - I know you know this but make sure you stay hydrated :) I've read even the slightest dyhydration can make Braxton hicks worse!

Mink - might a day off in the week just to relax at home & catch up on some rest help? Maybe your husband could take a day off & you could have some quality time together :) I know many of you are keeping your days off to add on to the end of your maternity leave but they are just as valuable now if you need them!

Mink wrote: »

I think I feel a bit of a meltdown coming on, I'm just really tired, haven't slept well in weeks, I've so much going around in my head that has to be done, haven't really seen OH properly in days and days and he's not really in touch with me during the day (his work banned mobile phones altogether in work). So now all these anxieties about motherhood are coming up - I think though cos I'm wound up. I'll either talk to himself later or call my sis or something.
    aw mink. Definately ring your sister, even for a bitch or moan.
    Or like twomums suggested, a day off? even a sick day so you dont have to take hols?

I had decided that the little one had turned to face my back as belly was pretty solid & didn't have the obvious punches & kicks to the front but I guess she has turned around again as assault & battery is def to my belly today!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

We both took a day off and sat out and had a little picnic in the garden, was so lovely!!
    Heading to Ikea later for a mattress and chest of drawers.
    I'm in a bit of pain pelvic and hip wise, stood for 4 hours yesterday in the sun watching the match! Hips did not like me later, but at least I made it to all the matches this season,I think if the season went on any longer I'd be missing them. I've noticed my hands and feet are swelling a bit now, how much swelling is ok? my finger joints are starting to hurt as are the bones in my hand. I do think it could be the heat but I'm terrified of pre-eclampsia!

Mink - might a day off in the week just to relax at home & catch up on some rest help?

I might do this, I don't know if it's too short notice to do it this week. I just think the tiredness & hormones has come on me all in one go.
    silly wrote: »
    Or like twomums suggested, a day off? even a sick day so you dont have to take hols?

Only prob is don't get paid for sick days and I don't think I can afford to miss a day. The two sick days I took for my back & had to take hol days for as need the dough. Though I'd probably manage, more important to have my health!
    Ginny wrote: »
    I've noticed my hands and feet are swelling a bit now, how much swelling is ok? my finger joints are starting to hurt as are the bones in my hand. I do think it could be the heat but I'm terrified of pre-eclampsia!

I would definitely check this with a doc/midwife as I'm not really sure and I don't think anyone on here is as none of us have had it *touch wood*. Also I'm not sure if you have to have the swelling & the high blood pressure & the protein in the urine to be classed as having pre-eclampsia or if only one symptom needed.

• Advertisement

Ginny I totally agree with Mink get it checked out. Not sure your finger joints & bones should be hurting but I haven't got a clue medical wise :)

Advertisement