Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Mostly unfit for human consumption.

Eww.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

For anyone who didn't know, the lance Oprah show will be on at 2.00 am on the discovery channel, number 520 on sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

133101_10151161154781442_453824441_o.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

A good start to the year scuppered. No roller sessions for three days now, excuses. 3am Wednesday morning awoken to child's face covered in blood. Nose bleed. Stop bleeding, wash blood of face, into my bed while I wash blood from bedsheets, bed, carpet, bathroom floor, toilet, sink and wall. Get to sleep around 5am. 6am this morning, child has earache, falls asleep again after meds, but day off school for him so I get nothing done. 8pm, suddenly has to puke, from nowhere, makes it to bottom of stairs, "Not the carpet" I scream. Too late, he pukes on wall, stairs and carpet, tries to move away from stairs, pukes on hallway floor and finally makes it outside and pukes all over doorstep. I'm still cleaning that up. At least it didn't smell like fish like when he was small.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Covered in blood and violently sick, has he just come home from a nightclub? ;)

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Junior

A good start to the year scuppered. No roller sessions for three days now, excuses. 3am Wednesday morning awoken to child's face covered in blood. Nose bleed. Stop bleeding, wash blood of face, into my bed while I wash blood from bedsheets, bed, carpet, bathroom floor, toilet, sink and wall. Get to sleep around 5am. 6am this morning, child has earache, falls asleep again after meds, but day off school for him so I get nothing done. 8pm, suddenly has to puke, from nowhere, makes it to bottom of stairs, "Not the carpet" I scream. Too late, he pukes on wall, stairs and carpet, tries to move away from stairs, pukes on hallway floor and finally makes it outside and pukes all over doorstep. I'm still cleaning that up. At least it didn't smell like fish like when he was small.

Life lesson there chief, don't have carpet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Junior wrote: »

Life lesson there chief, don't have carpet..

Tell me about it. It was white when I moved in, it's like a petri dish of all human waste liquids now.

Forgot the coats in the hall, had to wash them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

suddenly has to puke, from nowhere, makes it to bottom of stairs, "Not the carpet" I scream. Too late, he pukes on wall, stairs and carpet, tries to move away from stairs, pukes on hallway floor and finally makes it outside and pukes all over doorstep. I'm still cleaning that up. At least it didn't smell like fish like when he was small.

Been there, but I took the bullet in order to save the soft furnishings. I held her into me so that the puke completely covered me from head to toe, nothing on the carpets ! The most unpleasant thing about it was when the warmth started to seep through my clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

Seriously - TMI - as someone once said - euuuhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I held her into me so that the puke completely covered me from head to toe, nothing on the carpets ! The most unpleasant thing about it was when the warmth started to seep through my clothing.
    I was carrying my daughter (then 5 years old) in my arms through a train station in LA when she puked on my shoulder, neck and down my back. We had already checked our luggage through (long distance train to Dallas) and I couldn't retrieve another shirt. Not pleasant!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I was carrying my daughter (then 5 years old) in my arms through a train station in LA when she puked on my shoulder, neck and down my back. We had already checked our luggage through (long distance train to Dallas) and I couldn't retrieve another shirt. Not pleasant!

I was doing my final medical exams (back in the day). On my forst exam I was asked to look at a baby. The little charmer promptly spewed all over me and had to spend the rest of the day explaining and apologizing for my appearance...
    Passed though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

RobFowl wrote: »
    On my forst exam....

Did the exam take place in D4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

RobFowl wrote: »
    On my forst exam I was asked to look at a baby.

It seems exams were easy enough in the olden days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

552271_10152283394025195_78443048_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Anyone fancy having a go at the descent from Sugar Loaf to Kilmac tomorrow?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/glynf/20130118_112838_zps926d514a.jpg

:eek:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mmmm, a face full of TNT truck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Rofo

gYtAJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Guy came around knocking door-to-door asking for money for charity. I gave him 6 euro: all I had on me, I was at work. I asked what he was doing, and he said a charity cycle at the end of the month. Intrigued, I asked "What distance?" He said, "65 kilometers". Now he was young and fairly fit: he was carrying extra weight, though not a very large amount. I just thought what a complete chancer this man is. He asked was I a cyclist and I replied that I was. Devil-tempted I was to say that I'd done 80k solo before work and I've a 100+km hard club spin tomorrow. In all fairness, my first proper bike ride ever was around 70 or so kilometers (on a steel framed racer with mountain bike pedals, no less!)--and am I right in thinking 65k isn't that difficult for even those who'll admit they aren't the strongest of cyclists? Happy to support charities, but c'mon fella suffer a bit for it!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    Guy came around knocking door-to-door asking for money for charity. I gave him 6 euro: all I had on me, I was at work. I asked what he was doing, and he said a charity cycle at the end of the month. Intrigued, I asked "What distance?" He said, "65 kilometers". Now he was young and fairly fit: he was carrying extra weight, though not a very large amount. I just thought what a complete chancer this man is. He asked was I a cyclist and I replied that I was. Devil-tempted I was to say that I'd done 80k solo before work and I've a 100+km hard club spin tomorrow. In all fairness, my first proper bike ride ever was around 70 or so kilometers (on a steel framed racer with mountain bike pedals, no less!)--and am I right in thinking 65k isn't that difficult for even those who'll admit they aren't the strongest of cyclists? Happy to support charities, but c'mon fella suffer a bit for it!.
    why did you give 6 euro in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

65k worth of laps around howth maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

t'bear wrote: »
    65k worth of laps around howth maybe?

Sure that's only six laps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

furiousox wrote: »
    Covered in blood and violently sick, has he just come home from a nightclub? ;)
    ... face covered in blood. Nose bleed...suddenly has to puke, from nowhere,

I remember being in that nightclub in Leopardstown (club 92?!?) and having my favourite Hugo Boss shirt on when some young upwardly mobile young chap full of Heino standing behind me deceided to 'decorate' my my shirt.
    After turning around and him and I realising what had just happened I added his blood directly from his nose to the mix.
    I was promptly removed from said club.
    I was also promptly removed form the landmark known as ClubM. But I was innocent in that case.
    AH the good old days......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

....Was at my Gran's funeral today (she was 98 :D as was my Grandad when he got the call). She was born and bred smack in the heart of Dublin city , as was my Dad, and my Dad was telling me that the top of Nelsons column was level with the door of Phibsboro Church (Petar and Pauls?!?) and the top of Phibsboro church is level with the door with the church on the Navan Road (Mary Help of Christians)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

bcmf wrote: »
    I was also promptly removed form the landmark known as ClubM. But I was innocent in that case.
    AH the good old days......
    Truth and reconciliation commission required methinks ...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The first ever charity cycle I did was 50km, I was well chuffed as it seemed like quite a bit back then to me. Back then if you told me I'd do 200kms in a day, I would have laughed at you. Just to add, I train the beginners here in Kilkenny and I don't think any of them would believe that I'd have them up to 70km in the middle of the summer, they're all chuffed when they do it, not realising that all it takes is a bit of training. When they recover from the tour de kk, they're delighted to have done that also.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Does it really matter at all if the cycle was long enough if the charity was worthwhile?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Does it really matter at all if the cycle was long enough if the charity was worthwhile?
    Not so far as I'm concerned, but I do recall a certain satisfaction when we sent RobFowl on a 300km "adventure" one day (accompanied by snollup) in aid of charity a few years ago - the knowledge that he was suffering certainly helped ...

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Nothing to do with the charity, from where I am at the minute, but all to do with suffering and kinship through difficulty. From where I stood 65km just didn't feel that far ...

Cheers for your response CH. But are these beginners twenty-somethings carrying a bit of pudge? Or forty-somethings who've been sedate for a good few years?

Beasty wrote: »
    Not so far as I'm concerned, but I do recall a certain satisfaction when we sent RobFowl on a 300km "adventure" one day (accompanied by snollup) in aid of charity a few years ago - the knowledge that he was suffering certainly helped ...

Although I enjoy watching someone suffer as much as the next guy, i've never understood going through ordeals in order to raise money. Whether the charity is actually effective is the bit I'm interested in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

bcmf wrote: »
    ....Was at my Gran's funeral today (she was 98 :D as was my Grandad when he got the call). She was born and bred smack in the heart of Dublin city , as was my Dad, and my Dad was telling me that the top of Nelsons column was level with the door of Phibsboro Church (Petar and Pauls?!?) and the top of Phibsboro church is level with the door with the church on the Navan Road (Mary Help of Christians)

Nelson's head is in a library on Pearse St. I asked them if that's where it landed, they said they weren't sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement