Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Did anybody ever have any well-known politicians as teachers?

Options
  • 19-06-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of how many TD's are former teachers and I realized a lot of people must have been taught by people currently in the Dail. So did any of you have teachers who went on to be politicians? I was taught Business Studies for a year by John O'Mahoney the Mayo manager/ TD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Kim Jong Il taught me PE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

My GF had mary hanifin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Are Sexy TDs referred to as STDs?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

My Arts teacher in secondary school was a Green Party member/politician but never made the Dail. She ran for a number of local elections and smelled of patchouli and piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Enda Kenny was the principal of my school.

He only actually worked there for a few years but kept himself as the official principal so he could make twice the money claim a pension from it later I think.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

A few ex-ministers taught me.
    They were dicks then as teachers and there were same arrogant dicks as TD's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Maggie Thatcher taught me everything I know. . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

A few alright, Involved in local politics, I wouldn't rate most of them as being any good, Either alcoholics or yes men.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Grover Cleveland slapped me on two non consecutive occasions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

luckyfrank wrote: »
    My GF had mary hanifin

Ok ..............does anyone else want to hear more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Joint worst teacher I ever had is now an MEP.

His classes were an utter joke.

In one sense it's probably a good thing he's not involved in teaching any more, but on the other hand its very worrying to have him representing Ireland in the EU.

The other joint worst teacher had to retire because of his chronic alcoholism.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Ok ..............does anyone else want to hear more?

Bom chicka wow wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Is Ulicke Burke still with Fine Gael? He was one of the worst teachers I ever had to listen to. He claimed to teach geography. I found him boring, absent minded, severely lacking in wit, spiteful... Oh, and I remember he didn't know the difference between Fahrenheit and Celsius. I wasn't at all surprised he went into politics. Voters are far easier to fool than school children.

edit: Oh, looks like he retired. Still, I intensely disliked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Naomi00 wrote: »
    Enda Kenny was the principal of my school.

He only actually worked there for a few years but kept himself as the official principal so he could make twice the money claim a pension from it later I think.

John O Mahoney pulled a similar stunt. He was also an extremely poor teacher.

Advertisement