Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL DRAFT 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Kirk Cousins to the Redskins!

Joe Adams to the Panthers, Cam will love him!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,298 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Good article here by the always reliable Mike Reiss on why Wilson may have went as high as he did.

Yeah it seems the Pats really liked what they saw in Tavon Wilson even though the draft analysts didn't seem to know anything about him. Still you have to think that the Pats would have been able to trade that pick for two 3rd or 4th round picks and still been able to nab Wilson much later. Maybe they couldn't find anyone to trade that pick with though?

I do like their Jake Bequette pick though. He didn't get much buzz heading into the draft but he racked up 10 sacks in the toughest conference in college football by far last season. And he missed 3 games. Typical Pats pick. A guy who can play DE and OLB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Kirk Cousins to the Redskins!

Joe Adams to the Panthers, Cam will love him!

What the frack??? Why Redskins take a QB?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

We just drafted a WR that's shorter than me. Travis Benjamin. My christ he's fast. He offers speed that our others WRs don't. Good returner too. Looks one good hit from a career ending injury though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

We draft Omar Bolden and Phil Blake with the fourth rounders. Love the picks, if Bolden can stay healthy he projects to be an excellent Nickel CB at the VERY least and Blake is right now probably better than Walton. Interestingly he was Walton's successor at Baylor.

• Advertisement

Devon Wylie to the Chiefs. So similar to Wes Welker.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,493 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah it seems the Pats really liked what they saw in Tavon Wilson even though the draft analysts didn't seem to know anything about him. Still you have to think that the Pats would have been able to trade that pick for two 3rd or 4th round picks and still been able to nab Wilson much later. Maybe they couldn't find anyone to trade that pick with though?

I do like their Jake Bequette pick though. He didn't get much buzz heading into the draft but he racked up 10 sacks in the toughest conference in college football by far last season. And he missed 3 games. Typical Pats pick. A guy who can play DE and OLB.
    Well Belichick gave an insight into how players are rated during his presser. He said that he doesn't know who invites to the all-star games or the combine. Then he posed the question asking how Brandon Brooks(drafted by Texans in the 3rd) didn't get invited to the combine and how Vollmer(considered a reach a few years ago) didn't get invited.
    He spoke about the stats from last year too. He said that defenses are getting spread out a lot more, he said that the Patriots spent over 50% of their snaps in nickel or dime formations last year. He said that Wilson played safety and then a lot of nickel and dime as well. He basically said without saying it that this guy was overlooked by whoever invites people to combines and all-star games.

Bobby Massie FINALLY gets picked.

Belichick and McCarthy both had great offenses last season but the D let them down. Both the Packers and Patriots have made all defensive picks to this point. Packers have two comp picks at the end of this round. I fancy he goes for more DE/LBs there. I think the Packers want to have a lot of competiton and depth in those positions, the injuries really hurt them late last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Irrelevant fact of the day

Ravens now have two centers that have brothers which are NFL QB's
    Cecil Newton, brother of Cam
    Gino Gradowski, brother of Bruce

• Advertisement

Miles Burris is a Raider. Strangely happy about that, I think he's brilliant and was my favourite undervalued player in the whole draft. Can't wait to see him in action. Clay Matthews-esque dare I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Just going through last nights picks as fell asleep.

If your a Bengals man you must be delighted. Thats a cracking draft in my opinion. Maybe they could picked a running back but i'm sure they'll get one.

An already good yound D has really been made an awful lot better.

Sanu, Green and Gresham are exciting

I'm over the moon. Filled a lot of gaps in the team

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

spiralism wrote: »
    Solid but unspectacular DT, was projected at the bottom of the second rather than the top. Hard worker though and an every down player. Should be a like for like replacement for Bunkley imo

I'm a Bearcat fan and I've seen a lot of Wolfe. Think he is a great pick for ye guys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

deisedude wrote: »
    I'm a Bearcat fan and I've seen a lot of Wolfe. Think he is a great pick for ye guys

That's what i like to hear! Should at the very least cover for Bunkley. If we can manage to keep Ty Warren healthy, we're grand on the DL, especially with Malik Jackson now providing a bit more depth

The Texans just drafted a kicker called Randy Bullock.

Call off the rest of the draft and lock this thread, they've clearly won the draft.

Marvin Jones in the 5th round, the Bengals are just owning this draft. Jones is the 3rd best WR in the class after Floyd and Blackmon imo, amazing he lasted this long.

Edit: And the Raiders get Criner! He was my 5th best WR. Some great picks today, and the Ravens make yet another great pick with Asa Jackson too. They're on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Why is Anfonzo Dennard still on the board? Is there serious character issues?

Im very surprised Asa Jackson went before him, if Baltimore considered CB a need.

Im crossing my fingers and hoping he falls 3 more spots to the Bucs.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

DDC1990 wrote: »

Im very surprised Asa Jackson went before him, if Baltimore considered CB a need.

Last week he got arrested for fighting outside a bar and then hit a police officer. So it's fair to say he has some character issues. ;)

I really hope someone picks Ryan Lindley.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Yeah I forgot about that!

Still, Bucs DB's are no strangers to altercations. (Talib and Tanard Jackson)

Would love to see a CB of his quality come in.

EDIT: Ah well, Its a CB but Keith Tandy. I'd be lying if I said I knew anything about him.
    Hope he can do a job.

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »

Not sure saying he has red flags about his character does it justice.

Most people could get past the drugs but he was arrested for assaulting a police officer last week.

Pats 2nd round safety Tayon Wilson's grandmother is 112.

Maybe BB see's Wilson as a long term solution to the safety positon :D

So the Cardinals are the ones to take the infamous jumping Justin Bethel. Don't know what he's like as a player, but this is damn impressive.

Marvin Jones in the 5th round, the Bengals are just owning this draft. Jones is the 3rd best WR in the class after Floyd and Blackmon imo, amazing he lasted this long.

Edit: And the Raiders get Criner! He was my 5th best WR. Some great picks today, and the Ravens make yet another great pick with Asa Jackson too. They're on fire.
    I had Greg Childs as the most likely to be a big hit after the first two in the draft. Vikes got him with a compensatory at the end of the 4th.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Pats 2nd round safety Tayon Wilson's grandmother is 112.

Maybe BB see's Wilson as a long term solution to the safety positon :D
    She raised him too, his father was shot when he was very young, his mother died when he was 12 I believe.

Ryan Lindley picked by the Cardinals :D

Has a very good chance of being the eventual starter there. He completes my trio of San Diego State sleepers - Lindley, Hillman and Burris.

So we take Nate Ebner, a rugby player and special teams ace with the Buckeyes.

Interesting to see how this works out. He wasn't expected to be drafted up until his pro-day where he got noticed after some serious performances.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

19613998.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

I be surprised if Anfonzo Dennard Or Vontaze Burfict isnt picked soon.

The money they would get would have no affect against the cap if they got released.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ebner looks good, fast and can tackle.
    Good things will come from adding him to special teams

Wondering now will anyone use a pick on Burfict
    We'll know soon enough

Advertisement