Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aertv.ie

• 09-10-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭

I am suprised not to have seen a post about this.

Aertv.ie is the new name of Magnet and you can watch irish tv from your ips device without having to log in. Something like an filmo but for the ROI.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

gzoladz wrote: »
    I am suprised not to have seen a post about this.

Aertv.ie is the new name of Magnet and you can watch irish tv from your ips device without having to log in. Something like an filmo but for the ROI.

Enjoy!

I've commented in another thread about it. It works with AirPlay under iOS 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

culabula wrote: »
    I've commented in another thread about it. It works with AirPlay under iOS 5.

Im on 4.3.5 on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 and it works with AirPlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

So would it not work on 3.1.3?

isup wrote: »
    So would it not work on 3.1.3?

No. AirPlay came with iOS 4.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Im on 4.3.5 on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 and it works with AirPlay.

Could never get it to work for me either on iOS 4 or 5. It was only when I installed airplay mirroring the other day that it began to work.

• Advertisement

Could never get it to work for me either on iOS 4 or 5. It was only when I installed airplay mirroring the other day that it began to work.

Strange. AirPlay has worked for me since it's inception.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

How do you get airplay? Is it an app?

mad muffin wrote: »
    Strange. AirPlay has worked for me since it's inception.

Yes, of course, AirPlay has worked well for me from the start but it did not work with every online TV service often providing sound but not vision. One of those was magnetTV now AerTV.

Frustrated, I installed beta 6 of iOS 5 on my ATV and it began to work at long last (sound AND vision).

isup wrote: »
    How do you get airplay? Is it an app?

No, AirPlay is part of iOS. It appears if you have an Apple TV 2 on your network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Yes, of course, AirPlay has worked well for me from the start but it did not work with every online TV service often providing sound but not vision. One of those was magnetTV now AerTV.

Frustrated, I installed beta 6 of iOS 5 on my ATV and it began to work at long last (sound AND vision).

That's because in the older versions of iOS Apple left it up to the developers and website designers to choose whether to enable Airplay in their content or not with the default setting to disable Airplay, so unless a dev specifically enabled Airplay on their sites it would not function and indeed some specifically don't want people Airplaying, BBC iPlayer being one.

However in iOS5 Apple swapped it and now Airplay is enabled unless specifically disabled by the developer so more content will function.

And of course if a dev disables Airplay you can always enable Mirroring which will still work! :)

• Advertisement

Oh right, I see now. Yep some will only give me sound others sound and video.

Nice to see tha mirroring let's gives video with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Other option if your ipadis jbken is to install tvout. It works very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭JoeA3

No, AirPlay is part of iOS. It appears if you have an Apple TV 2 on your network.

Do you know if mirroring will work on the iPhone 4 with the IOS 5 upgrade? I have an iPhone 4 and an ATV2, and I too have found it annoying that airplay only sends the audio for a lot of apps / webpages. E.g. Sky GO. It would be great if I could "mirror" Sky Sports onto my TV - currently only the audio works.

Also, is IOS 5 (or equivalent Apple TV firmware?) available to download to the ATV2 on Wednesday too ?

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Do you know if mirroring will work on the iPhone 4 with the IOS 5 upgrade? I have an iPhone 4 and an ATV2, and I too have found it annoying that airplay only sends the audio for a lot of apps / webpages. E.g. Sky GO. It would be great if I could "mirror" Sky Sports onto my TV - currently only the audio works.

Also, is IOS 5 (or equivalent Apple TV firmware?) available to download to the ATV2 on Wednesday too ?

I tried but could not get mirroring to work with iPhone 4, despite reading elsewhere that it would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I tried but could not get mirroring to work with iPhone 4, despite reading elsewhere that it would work.

Airplay Mirroring is only supported on the iPad2 and the iPhone4S.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Pity.
    I assume it's because it requires the newer, faster processor? Or is it another way for Apple to make me want to upgrade?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Tbh AerTV isnt working as smoothly as MagnetWebTV did for me on the iphone & ipad,not sure why exactly but it takes forever to select and load a channel.

barryd09 wrote: »
    Tbh AerTV isnt working as smoothly as MagnetWebTV did for me on the iphone & ipad,not sure why exactly but it takes forever to select and load a channel.

Yes, I have noticed the same. It seems to be quicker if you pick your channel from the time grid below as opposed to the drop down menu.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Not working at all for me for the match......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

gzoladz wrote: »
    Yes, I have noticed the same. It seems to be quicker if you pick your channel from the time grid below as opposed to the drop down menu.
    whiterebel wrote: »
    Not working at all for me for the match......

Might have something to do with the match? I couldnt really get it to work last friday when trying to watch the andorra game but its running perfectly now.

• Advertisement

I used it to watch the match yesterday, no issue. And it also worked ok with the rugby, although I dont remember if it was already on aertv or still on magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Whos that in black and white on aertv music atm who is she?, amazing.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This seems to have stopped working completely, all you get is 15 black screens, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

This seems to have stopped working completely, all you get is 15 black screens, nothing.

Are you sure? working fine for me...

Working perfectly here in Belfast.

Is there an Aertv app that you can use with a media player like VLC, was trying to watch Breaking Bad, the season 4 premier but kept getting lag half way through the episode, the dialogue a way ahead of the visual, kinda frustrating, but its a buzz watching this on Irish tv, its like we are the only European country showing this series atm.

Advertisement