Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,555 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

ciantheod wrote: »
    I would just prefer going clueless as to what may or may not turn up tune wise and enjoy them as they come along. There are countless forums on the Web discussing set lists and that's great for whomever is interested but I'm not. 25 years since I saw them last, was clueless of what they were going to play then and I'd like to be the same Saturday

Who cares as long as they play Livin' on a prayer? Eh?

(Sorry, that's one if those "overheard on the way to a gig" stories I heard once. Still makes me angry.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

ciantheod wrote: »
    Nothing to do with growth of internet, I go to about ten gigs with friends and family, speculation of songs that could be played is one thing but actually discussing sets from current tour I personally never entertain, like I've said there are specific forums for these, in this case there is a specific one on GNR Forum. Com, all power to those that what that chat but not for me.
    Don't read the thread so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Happy Slane Eve!

Genuinely excited for tomorrow now and the weather is looking good :cool::)

It's f*ckin tomorrow boyos!

Can yis believe it? Jeaysus I'm excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭XsApollo

What's the going like at slane , anyone know? :-)

• Advertisement

Was in city centre there for a while. Plenty of GNR tshirts about. Does the old heart good.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

Duff and his minder were walking down Grafton Street around 5.45pm yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

Ravenholm wrote: »

Duff has a minder? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Minding him from us or himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ravenholm wrote: »
    Duff has a minder? :)

Probably his wife.

• Advertisement

One song for sure that won't be played is 'One In A Million'. How did Rose get away with those lyrics?

One song for sure that won't be played is 'One In A Million'. How did Rose get away with those lyrics?

No internet probably helped. It's a great song if you read up on Axl's experience on arriving in Los Angeles, but because it contains certain words, people lost their **** and thought Axl was a homophobic bastard.

Context helps, but why bother when you can get offended.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    No internet probably helped. It's a great song if you read up on Axl's experience on arriving in Los Angeles, but because it contains certain words, people lost their **** and thought Axl was a homophobic bastard.

Context helps, but why bother when you can get offended.

It's a great tune alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DefinitelyMarc

This is my first concert...

What should I do/not do?

If it makes any difference I'm a 26-year old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 andy1981

Weather warnings for tomorrow. Rain until 2/3. Thunder storms. Typical Ireland.. Do I care? Yeah, a little, will I once Guns are on stage, will I Fcuk... Will be tipsy and screaming every song like it was 1992 again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 andy1981

@Marc, stay away from SlaneGirl

andy1981 wrote: »
    Weather warnings for tomorrow. Rain until 2/3. Thunder storms. Typical Ireland.. Do I care? Yeah, a little, will I once Guns are on stage, will I Fcuk... Will be tipsy and screaming every song like it was 1992 again :)

Damn.....the weather took a nose dive

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Never thought I'd actually get to see the lads live, I'm buzzing for this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

are we not allowed bring drink into the concert, will your bags and person be searched? I want to bring a nagan in with me.

Enjoy, all. I saw them here last Summer and it surpassed my expectations hugely. There will be a lot of spine tingly moments for you.

Was very jealous of my friends back home going tomorrow, blow softened slightly as they announced they are playing here again in October.

• Advertisement

This is my first concert...

What should I do/not do?

If it makes any difference I'm a 26-year old man.

Hmm.

Read the things you can't bring, and don't bring 'em.

Bring cash, atms are hard to find (apparently).

Be prepared to have your socks rocked right off.

Dunno, really. Never been to Slane before. A common thing seems that it's better to get there as early as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Has anybody stayed at the castleparkslane campsite?
    What's the setup there.
    Are cars, tents and campers in the same field?
    There's a few of us going in different cars with tents and camper , ideally like like to get setup all beside each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Guns n roses did a short Instagram live video showing the band soundchecking at slane. Live and let die sounded great. Melissa reese was filling in kind of for axl. Are we sure met Eireann have the weather right ? Slash and duff were in shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Guns n roses did a short Instagram live video showing the band soundchecking at slane. Live and let die sounded great. Melissa reese was filling in kind of for axl. Are we sure met Eireann have the weather right ? Slash and duff were in shorts.

Link please? Can't find it on instagram

D.Q wrote: »
    Link please? Can't find it on instagram

It was a live video and I'm not sure they stay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

This is Ireland! I've been going 'ahhhh nooooo' every time I see something about the supposed rainy weather for tomorrow but you know what? Feck it. A light fold up raincoat stuffed into my combats pocket, hat to protect my shiny head from the sun. We're gonna have a blast, rain or not. Enjoy yourselves, folks!

IF the gig thread on MYGNR is to be believed, apparently
    more like a rehearsal than a soundcheck as they are running through the whole setlist not just a few tunes.

Make of that whatever you please.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    IF the gig thread on MYGNR is to be believed, apparently

Make of that whatever you please.

Maybe it's because it's the first show of this leg of the tour and they wanted to run through the whole set.

Maybe it's because it's the first show of this leg of the tour and they wanted to run through the whole set.

They've soundchecked, but never rehearsed an entire set, as far as I can remember.

• Advertisement

Gonna make one guess regarding Guns set for tomorrow, they'll do a cover of
    Black Hole Sun

Advertisement