Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Mobile 3g - Anyone having Problems

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

With regard to webtexts,, do you get the allocated amount (200 & 50 int) from 1st of month (like with the minutes) ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

With regard to webtexts,, do you get the allocated amount (200 & 50 int) from 1st of month (like with the minutes) ?

Thanks

I asked Paul before Christmas about this and he seemed to say yes, but I topped up on the 17th Dec and immediately got my web txt allowance so I expect them to expire on the 17th January. Makes more sense this way I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

Thanks danjo, im on billpay, so thought as my minutes start from 1st of every month, i assumed web texts were the same, but it doesnt appear to be this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

On Pay as you go your balance of Webtexts are to be allocated on 1st of the month. The topup once every 30 days just gives you acccess to use the balance.

On Pay Monthly it aligns with your bill cycle.

I will check out if there is an issue here.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭susie05

Hi Paul
    Just wondering if you could answer this question for me
    I bought a Tesco mojo chat few days back & switched my number over from vf & iv no coverage AT all in my house..says emergancy calls only.
    However my husband who is also has a tesco mobile (samsung) has 2 to 3 bars all the time?
    im unsure what to do now as its no good to me
    thanks
    helen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

susie05 wrote: »
    Hi Paul
    I bought a Tesco mojo chat few days back & switched my number over from vf & iv no coverage AT all in my house..says emergancy calls only.
    However my husband who is also has a tesco mobile (samsung) has 2 to 3 bars all the time?
    thanks
    helen

Can you swap sim cards between your phones to see if the problem is related to the phone or the sim card or something else?

Hi Paul
    thanks
    helen

Hi Helen

As suggested can you swap sim cards. If the issue stays with the Mojo then it's a Phone issue and you should organise a return/ repair depending on when you bought it.

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭susie05

Just put husbands sim into my phone & he has NO coverage eighter so its a phone problem..But yet when i walk out my front door & stand on footpathsay 15 feet from front door i do have coverage to make a call..strange one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I have this phone on Tesco Mobile also and most the time the signal bars are at zero with it i can still make calls and texts and even use the internet when it's like this once i leave the house signal goes upto 2bars out of 4!!

While my 3 phone beside it has full 3G signal and the Tesco one only on 2G.
    It's just the phones antenna it doesn't seem to be great compared to other phones as when i put my Tesco sim into my 3 phone i get full signal :(

Just put husbands sim into my phone & he has NO coverage eighter so its a phone problem..But yet when i walk out my front door & stand on footpathsay 15 feet from front door i do have coverage to make a call..strange one

PM sent there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Paul, I'm thinking of moving from O2 billpay to Tesco billpay (SIMM only) in a few weeks when my current contract expires, is there a demo login you can use on the Tesco Mobile website to get a feel for how to send webtext messages? This is an important feature for me so I want to make sure that I'm happy with the interface.

You can PM the details to me if you like.

coylemj wrote: »
    Paul, I'm thinking of moving from O2 billpay to Tesco billpay (SIMM only) in a few weeks when my current contract expires, is there a demo login you can use on the Tesco Mobile website to get a feel for how to send webtext messages? This is an important feature for me so I want to make sure that I'm happy with the interface.

Hi there

No, but the webtext interface for PAYG and Pay Monthly is identical so if you get a free SIM here and topup by 10eur you can test it out (you need to topup by 10eur to get free webtext on PAYG). When you are ready to go to Pay Monthly you will get credited on your bill for any of unspent credit you paid for. You can use the same SIM and n umber to activated on Pay Monthly as an existing customer (port after the activation process on to the same SIM)

http://shop.tescomobile.ie/free-international-sims.aspx

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

coylemj wrote: »

You can use Cabbage on any network.

Web - http://cabbagetexter.com/web/newlogin.htm

Desktop - http://www.cabbagetexter.com/cabbagedesktopdownload.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

Hi All

Just to let you know that iPhone and Android settings instructions are now linked off our Facebook site also.

regards
    Paul

Where can we find these settings for the iPhone now?
    Can people without facebook accounts get them.

Where can we find these settings for the iPhone now?
    Can people without facebook accounts get them.

Hi there

Settings are as follows

1. Put the Tesco Mobile SIM in unlocked iPhone and perform normal setup via iTunes

2. Go to Settings->General->Network and Turn Data Roaming On

3. Also in Settings->General->Network go to Mobile Data Network
    Put APN and MMS proxy details in as below

a) Enter the following details into Mobile Data at the top of the section.

APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    Username: leave empty
    Password: leave empty

b) Enter following details into the MMS section.

APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MMSC: http://10.1.11.68/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19:8080
    Max Message Size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL : leave empty

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

hi Paul

I have a question for you. I got a new Iphone4s from apple on Thursday.
    I got my micro sim activated. As soon as I leave the house, I get no service nothing, now I have tried other sim cards from different networks up dated the phone settings (as phone is sim free), they all work fine no problems. So I got on to customer care they are sending out a new sim card so I hope that this sorts out the problem.

My question is :

Does Tesco just cut down from a larger sim card or do you produce them your Microsims yourself.

The reason that I as is that mine looks like it was just cut down.

thanks

James

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Paul, any word on when we're going to see full 3G speeds?

jamescc wrote: »
    hi Paul

I have a question for you. I got a new Iphone4s from apple on Thursday.
    I got my micro sim activated. As soon as I leave the house, I get no service nothing, now I have tried other sim cards from different networks up dated the phone settings (as phone is sim free), they all work fine no problems. So I got on to customer care they are sending out a new sim card so I hope that this sorts out the problem.

My question is :

Does Tesco just cut down from a larger sim card or do you produce them your Microsims yourself.

The reason that I as is that mine looks like it was just cut down.

thanks

James

Yes, we dont sell iPhone so we dont have a stock of Microsims just yet but we are getting shortly.

regards
    Paul

loyatemu wrote: »
    Paul, any word on when we're going to see full 3G speeds?

Likely mid summer...

Likely mid summer...

WHAT???
    Speeds should be getting better. At the moment every time I do a speedtest they get worse with tescomobile.

• Advertisement

Yes, we dont sell iPhone so we dont have a stock of Microsims just yet but we are getting shortly.

regards
    Paul

So Paul,

Who ever cut down the sim card that I have now did a very bad job of it.

Do you test them before they are sent out?

When the new sim card comes out that is not guaranteed to work either.

When are these sim cards going to be available? i mean a proper micro sim card.

If I got one from the UK would that work? You are selling them there?

I think that I will be looking at switching but it is not what I want to do.

So Paul,

Who ever cut down the sim card that I have now did a very bad job of it.

Do you test them before they are sent out?

When the new sim card comes out that is not guaranteed to work either.

When are these sim cards going to be available? i mean a proper micro sim card.

If I got one from the UK would that work? You are selling them there?

I think that I will be looking at switching but it is not what I want to do.

Hi James

Apologies for that. We dont generally have any issues with this. No a SIM from the UK wont work. This is the only option until we get stock of these.

regards
    Paul

WHAT???
    Speeds should be getting better. At the moment every time I do a speedtest they get worse with tescomobile.

Hi there

This has been consistent with all updates I have given in this space.
    We are currently capped at 1.2mbps download speeds. This cap will be removed in mid summer where we will get full O2 available speeds

General performance and speeds are dependent on where you are and how busy O2 site you are attached to is.

regards
    Paul

Hi there

This has been consistent with all updates I have given in this space.
    We are currently capped at 1.2mbps download speeds. This cap will be removed in mid summer where we will get full O2 available speeds

General performance and speeds are dependent on where you are and how busy O2 site you are attached to is.

regards
    Paul

I get speed of less that 300kbps down and 200kbps up consistantly, wherever I am when I do the speedtests. I used to get about 700, but its a long long time since I got that speed.

For instance, just did a speedtest now in Drumcondra.
    254kbps Down, 212 kbps up. Thats very bad. Not even near the capped speed of 1.2mbps. Even if I got 1mbps I would be happy, but what I do get is pathetic. I thought it might be my phone, but I just got a new iphone the other day. I got a mate to do one with his meteor PAYG and he gets 3500 kbps down just now.

Why doesnt everybody here just look up a free speedtest app in the apop store. Then run the speedtest and post the results here. Then maybe you might listen.

Actually, I'll start another thread on it.

Hi James

Apologies for that. We dont generally have any issues with this. No a SIM from the UK wont work. This is the only option until we get stock of these.

regards
    Paul

HI TESCO PAUL,

JUST AN UPDATE,

NEW SIM CARD CAME IN THE POST AND ALL IS WORKING FINE.

iT MUST HAVE BEEN THE FIRST CARD THAT I GOT OUT IN THE POST. I WAS FAULTY .

EVERYTHING WORKS FINE NOW

THANKS

HI TESCO PAUL,

JUST AN UPDATE,

NEW SIM CARD CAME IN THE POST AND ALL IS WORKING FINE.

iT MUST HAVE BEEN THE FIRST CARD THAT I GOT OUT IN THE POST. I WAS FAULTY .

EVERYTHING WORKS FINE NOW

THANKS

Thats good to hear James

thanks
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Quest

Hi logonmar

Try this

*004*[Your voice mailbox like +353875xxxxxxx]#

This sets all conditional diverts to go to your voicemail

If you want to just set if busy, no answer, unreachable on their own its as below

If busy
    *67*[dest]*11#

If no answer
    *61*[dest]*11*[sec]#

If unreachable
    *62*[dest]*11#

hope this helps

regards
    Paul

Thanks for this information: after an hour on the phone to very nice and helpful Tesco mobile representatives, I came across this and BINGO! Voicemail on my iPhone now working. :D

BTW - all conditional diverts: is that the usual set of diverts a user would want - when call is unanswered, busy or phone is off, or does it have other implications I should know about?

Thanks again - delighted to get this sorted - thought I had a few hours of chasing this ahead of me.

Quest wrote: »
    Thanks for this information: after an hour on the phone to very nice and helpful Tesco mobile representatives, I came across this and BINGO! Voicemail on my iPhone now working. :D

BTW - all conditional diverts: is that the usual set of diverts a user would want - when call is unanswered, busy or phone is off, or does it have other implications I should know about?

Thanks again - delighted to get this sorted - thought I had a few hours of chasing this ahead of me.

Yes its exactly this. Good to hear you got sorted.

BTW - all conditional diverts: is that the usual set of diverts a user would want - when call is unanswered, busy or phone is off.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Hi Paul

My missus changed over to Tesco Mobile last weekend from Meteor but the last couple of days she's had no internet access at all. She rang the helpdesk who sent out mms config messages but they don't seem to have done the trick.

Any ideas??

Cheers Conor

• Advertisement

conor_ie wrote: »
    Hi Paul

My missus changed over to Tesco Mobile last weekend from Meteor but the last couple of days she's had no internet access at all. She rang the helpdesk who sent out mms config messages but they don't seem to have done the trick.

Any ideas??

Cheers Conor

Hi Conor,

She needs to have data roaming always on as we National Roam on O2's network. This is probably the reason.

The setting should be in

Settings->Connectivity->Packet Data->Packet Data Connection

regards
    Paul

Advertisement