Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bleached Hair - Burns on Scalp - Questions

• 05-07-2008 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all. I bleached my boyfriend's hair using Jerome Russell lightening kit. It's an all over one I did. He's complaining of pains/burns on scalp and neck - I think he has chemical burns, but they're moderate enough. Can anyone recommend a treatment/remedy please that I could buy over counter?

Also, his hair has come out too bleached looking, yellow. Would it be ok to put in a Clairol blonde or something dye over it in a few days, to tone it down?

Would appreciate any help. Thanks guys!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That'll learn him.

Either tell him to go to a doctor, or speak to a pharmacist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Go to a doctor, no one can help you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Did you test his skin to see if he is allergic to the chemicals in the kit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 toreachmylimit

DonJose wrote: »
    Did you test his skin to see if he is allergic to the chemicals in the kit?

Yes, it was fine. Think either I rubbed it in too much or left it on too long. His head's just a bit sore, it's not serious burning or anything. I just was wondering if I could buy something in Boots or Body Shop or somewhere tomorrow to help it? And also if it's ok to put a blonde dye in few days over it to make it more blonde/less bleached yellow? Thanks/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Yes, it was fine. Think either I rubbed it in too much or left it on too long. His head's just a bit sore, it's not serious burning or anything. I just was wondering if I could buy something in Boots or Body Shop or somewhere tomorrow to help it? And also if it's ok to put a blonde dye in few days over it to make it more blonde/less bleached yellow? Thanks/

You best bet would be to speak to a pharmacist. Adding another dye product so soon could seriously damage the already damaged hair.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I wouldn't think putting another dye in would be a good idea so soon, especially since his skin is irritated, that would likely make it much worse.

Talk to a doctor/pharmacist or hairdresser before doing anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If you do eventually put another colour over it, it'll need to be ash blonde or platinum blonde to neutralise the yellow tones.
    Do a patch test first though in case he's allergic.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

If its burning, i'd put on some aloe vera (ask for fruit of the earth in a pharmacy if you cant get your hands on a plant). It works as hair gel too so if he's going out, he'll be ok. Def wouldnt advise putting in any more colour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ruu wrote: »
    Go to a doctor, no one can help you here.
    As the man says.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement