Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coving.

• 03-01-2014 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

I will be painting some coving shortly and need a little advice.
    I have already applied first (watered down ) coat .(mist?)
    Where the coving is joined the plasterer has left a good bit of cement/adhesive or whatever its called.
    Whats the best way to smooth this out before applyiny final coats of paint.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seanmunoz

our you talking about a powder form you would use on a plaster bord wall our is it sand and cement to ablock wall ?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭cosmowillie53

This is coving which you would buy in your local hardware shop . They are about 6 or 7 feet long and are made of a kind or plasterboard . The joints need to be smoothed out and I would like to know a good way to do this. How will the joints look when painted.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

It's normally joint filler or similar used to stick it up and fill,joints.

Try using a wet sponge to rub it it should smoothin out that way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭oisinbutler

I will be painting some coving shortly and need a little advice.
    I have already applied first (watered down ) coat .(mist?)
    Where the coving is joined the plasterer has left a good bit of cement/adhesive or whatever its called.
    Whats the best way to smooth this out before applyiny final coats of paint.
    Thanks.

Use some sand paper and sand it smooth. 80/100 grade should be grand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭oisinbutler

Use some sand paper and sand it smooth. 80/100 grade should be grand

Be careful not not sand into the coving too much, just rub the excess plaster

• Advertisement
Advertisement