Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly weekend rideout?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Bikerguy wrote: »
    i am working nightshift and i came on bike from balbriggan to dublin cc this evening, and i came dry, i have proper gear, but its about safety more then rain, cars dont care about you and i dont wanna get hurt for nothing. So i wont go anywhere - maybe monday. its bad, really bad.

WTF? Cars never care about you, why would you expect them to?

Someday you'll have my head, you'll have my head on a silver plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

ninja900 wrote: »
    WTF? Cars never care about you, why would you expect them to?

"WTF?" mate, with rain + cold your bike aint as stable as on dry surface, your braking distance is extended, and even visibility is lower and much more factors that are affecting your performance. So before going on me with WTF think a bit. and read my whole post, not only 2 words of it. thanks

Your post makes no sense, sorry. I ride year round so I know all about cold and rain. How cold is it going to be during the June bank holiday weekend? Is the floodwater going to be more than a foot deep because last October I and many others here rode through more than that.

ninja900 wrote: »
    Your post makes no sense, sorry. I ride year round so I know all about cold and rain. How cold is it going to be during the June bank holiday weekend? Is the floodwater going to be more than a foot deep because last October I and many others here rode through more than that.

all i wanted to say is that its better stay off the road if you dont have to drive. going for spin and enjoy the day can end up worse then expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Yzf R6

Suppose to clear up early afternoon according to Met

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Yzf R6

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I will be heading out on sunday with a few lads for a nice easy spin (no ego's) you more then welcome to join me. Usually meet at 12 in clane/kilcock and be home around 6-7.....

Send me a PM if you wanna tag along mate.

Is there many in Clane,where do use meet,cheers.

all i wanted to say is that its better stay off the road if you dont have to drive. going for spin and enjoy the day can end up worse then expected.

OK. The weather isn't exactly pleasant, but it's not dangerous. TBH there are plenty of days when I doubt I'd be on the bike if I didn't have to go to work (and taking the bus wasn't such a PITA) but the 'good' thing about having to ride whether you like it or not is you get used to all sorts of weather conditions. Lots of 'sunny Sunday' riders in the UK who have the latest immaculate sportsbike in the garage and can't ride it for toffee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I'm meeting a few heads on Sunday in Kilcock (Esso garage @10am) if anyone is interested, and we're heading to Carlingford. It'll be mainly geared around newbies to help them gain a bit of experience, so it WON'T be a fast paced spin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'm meeting a few heads on Sunday in Kilcock if anyone is interested, and we're heading to Carlingford. It'll be mainly geared around newbies to help them gain a bit of experience, so it WON'T be a fast paced spin.

Thats ok, at least I'll be able to keep up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

this sunday is not gonna happend. its unreal out there.

Its all good man....I went out in that and went the backroads from meath to dundalk and back again on N52 north. Man what a ****in road, 2 speed vans on it all the same (hope they got a sharp shot of my finger!!!)

It was bad but I read that the further north you went the better it got and sure enough it was fine in dundalk.

Will be out again with 5 lads the weekend :cool:

• Advertisement

Yzf R6 wrote: »
    Is there many in Clane,where do use meet,cheers.

Again it depends on the weather for a few of the light weights :p but you are sure to have at least 3.

Have 5 for sunday....:D

KTRIC wrote: »
    Thats ok, at least I'll be able to keep up :D

Pffft - no bother to ya.
    .. but you are sure to have at least 3.

Have 5 for sunday....:D

Are you meeting with me and the others in Kilcock Gary?

Pffft - no bother to ya.

Are you meeting with me and the others in Kilcock Gary?

Will try to hook up at some stage m8, have 3 coming up from carlow plz god so I will give you a bell when we all get together.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

I'm meeting a few heads on Sunday in Kilcock if anyone is interested, and we're heading to Carlingford. It'll be mainly geared around newbies to help them gain a bit of experience, so it WON'T be a fast paced spin.

I might be interested in that. I'm on restricted bike so it would suit me perfectly. At what time are you leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

I might be up for this, as long as ye don't mind a little 125 tagging along at the back. :P. Only been out on her a few times since I got her. :)

Pipz wrote: »
    I might be up for this, as long as ye don't mind a little 125 tagging along at the back. :P. Only been out on her a few times since I got her. :)

You're more than welcome Pipz. And the size of your bike doesn't matter. Like I said there's gonna be a few newbies and we won't be flying. There's also going to be a couple of experienced riders to make sure nobody gets lost and we all arrive safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I think.. count me in on that one! :)

I can assure you anything PKM (plz kill me) organises is a top notch run....no messing and no ego's, great time to learn of seasoned pros. Anyone acting the **** will get a del boy around the lug hole before he is much older!!!!:mad:

As the name suggests its a newbie run so its for new guys to get to know each other and hey maybe even get a bike buddy to piss around the weekends with thats local enough to you.

;)

Its all good man....I went out in that and went the backroads from meath to dundalk and back again on N52 north. Man what a ****in road, 2 speed vans on it all the same (hope they got a sharp shot of my finger!!!)

It was bad but I read that the further north you went the better it got and sure enough it was fine in dundalk.

Will be out again with 5 lads the weekend :cool:

i went on monday... start clonee ---> armagh ---> dundalk --> dublin

nice weather + extra stop in hein gericke shop :)

breakfast in Cavan

IMG_20120604_104630.jpg

I'm meeting a few heads on Sunday in Kilcock (Esso garage @10am) if anyone is interested, and we're heading to Carlingford. It'll be mainly geared around newbies to help them gain a bit of experience, so it WON'T be a fast paced spin.

i really hope i will join you. - all depends on what my boss(wife) say--> she is off on sunday, and if her majesty let me i will go. :):D:D:D

• Advertisement

i went on monday... start clonee ---> armagh ---> dundalk --> dublin

nice weather + extra stop in hein gericke shop :)

breakfast in Cavan

IMG_20120604_104630.jpg

That looks like BooBoo and Zanussi, and I can't make out who's in the hi-viz. Nice collection of bikes.
    i really hope i will join you. - all depends on what my boss(wife) say--> she is off on sunday, and if her majesty let me i will go. :):D:D:D

Well fortunately, my boss is coming with us!! :D Hope you can make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

That looks like BooBoo and Zanussi, and I can't make out who's in the hi-viz. Nice collection of bikes.

Didn't realise that! Good to see the 2 of you out and about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Ah the hard boiled egg.... My fav place to stop!

World is 2 small. Good spot there. ;)

85% i am in, i had to lie a bit and i said to my bosss that the run is for hungry kidz from Africa..
    Haha..

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

Do you know the exact route your taking or will it be decided on the day?

85% i am in, i had to lie a bit and i said to my bosss that the run is for hungry kidz from Africa..
    Haha..

Well with PKM going he is a big hungary ****in kid....:D:D

Looks like you had a great spin biker, hopefully we meet up on sunday. A great route would be from kilcock>new twisty road to trim>back roads on to athboy or delvin>kells>N52 all the way north.....AHHHH what a road.

Looks like a BMW test run....lol

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Didn't realise that! Good to see the 2 of you out and about :D

Cheers. Well, the valve is f**ked on her back wheel so she's coming pillion with me.

Yeah it is mate. Ah I get around and know a fair few bikers on different forums.
    Haha..

LMFAO!! Well I'm a hungry kid, just not from Africa! LOL
    but43r wrote: »
    Do you know the exact route your taking or will it be decided on the day?

Yep, I know the route but don't want to put up too much info in case the wrong eyes see it. Last thing you want is a checkpoint en-route. ;)
    Well with PKM going he is a big hungary ****in kid....:D:D

Yep! Little bit. :D
    A great route would be from kilcock>new twisty road to trim>back roads on to athboy or delvin>kells>N52 all the way north.....AHHHH what a road.

Not far off there mate. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Cheers. Well, the valve is f**ked on her back wheel so she's coming pillion with me.

Eh and where were you recently?! You should've have brought it with you :mad:

• Advertisement

Eh and where were you recently?! You should've have brought it with you :mad:

Jaysus, I never even thought of it! D'UH!!! :rolleyes: I might take it off and bring it down the next time as I need a tyre as well. :P

Advertisement