Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

Ace Travel in Catherine Street is closing and moving to NCW.

Thats not closing its relocating to Newcastlewest. The company is still in operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭lasno

They already have a travel shop in NCW, so the Limerick city branch is in fact closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Is Elm Motors out by Coonagh closed now too?

- What happened there? They were a Volvo dealership at one time weren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭source

Raiser wrote: »
    Is Elm Motors out by Coonagh closed now too?

- What happened there? They were a Volvo dealership at one time weren't they?

Yeah, Lyons of Limerick have the dealership now, It's over on Ballysimon Road, beside their Ford dealership.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

L.T.P. wrote: »

Will this be the end of Texaco on the Roxboro Road too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I passed there yesterday evening and they were selling unleaded at 159.9
    I thought it was odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I hope not :( I go there a few times a week to top up my o2 money card!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Stapleton auctioneers gone..sign saying business transferred to OMGubbins auctioneers..saying that i am awaiting a call back from OMG for a week and keep getting their answering machine when i ring their no. Why anyone would pay these muppets to sell anything i will never know. I am trying to lease a unit that is vacant for 4 years and do not get a call back :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Where's the unit - Maybe you'll get an enquiry on here! (Not shilling if yer invited!)

- If I was you I'd just lash it on Daft.ie - Auctioneers seem to just use Daft now anyhow - They'll all be gone soon, no point in paying them commission & a lot of them were unbearable anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Uptown Drycleaners, on Upper William Street, has a sign in the window saying they're closing on 2nd June.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

G & A Manifolds gone:

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/notices/12-05-22/G_A_Manifold_Limited.aspx

Surprised by this, they are around a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭flutered

L.T.P. wrote: »

the story from one of their drivers is they gave credit to one or two fourcourts, who are still open,.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭black & white

The gift shop on Thomas St across from the side door of BT's has a "Closing Down, everything must go" in the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

The Baked Potato Co. has just announced on Facebook that they are closing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Cherrycoke wrote: »

Where was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

bigpink wrote: »
    Where was that?

Opposite the Strand hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Cherrycoke wrote: »

I was wondering because one Monday is was closed and a week later on the Monday it was open but closed on the Tuesday. It's seem to be another location that has the touch of death on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

f**king hell, the city centre will soon have no shops???? wtf!

Sounds like a bad location for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Raiser wrote: »
    Where's the unit - Maybe you'll get an enquiry on here! (Not shilling if yer invited!)

- If I was you I'd just lash it on Daft.ie - Auctioneers seem to just use Daft now anyhow - They'll all be gone soon, no point in paying them commission & a lot of them were unbearable anyhow.

I am trying to rent one..not rent one out. A week later..still no call back and answering machine when i ring. Not surprising Limerick is stagnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭irlgirl

Can anyone tell me if foxys bar is closed or has it moved. I have one of those grabone deals that i need to use up before next week Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

irlgirl wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if foxys bar is closed or has it moved. I have one of those grabone deals that i need to use up before next week Thanks

It's closed but the staff have been moved to Whelans of Denmark Street so try there.

Atlantic Homecare gone into examinership, they have identified 5 stores which may have to be closed and unfortunately the Childers Road branch is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

has woodies closed as well, arent atlantic homecare and woodies the same company

Beaver1 wrote: »
    has woodies closed as well, arent atlantic homecare and woodies the same company

Part of the same group, but I think the Woodies arm had been propping up the Atlantic arm and have now stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭black & white

Second hand clothes shop next to BT's/Carl Scarpa has a closing down poster in the window.

irlgirl wrote: »

A grabone deal for Foxys:eek:??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I can pass the post onto Foxy if you want!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Atlantic Homecare gone into examinership, they have identified 5 stores which may have to be closed and unfortunately the Childers Road branch is one of them.

can't say it is really surprising. couple of miles radius out there you have B&Q, Wickes, Homebase and Atlantic Homecare..there cannot be the business for all of them

Advertisement