Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Noticeboard - All casting calls, auditions, crew requests and general notices go here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shnoobies

Hi all,

We are currently casting for our short film "The Closer", auditions will take place on Wednesday 18th of July in St.Michael's Theatre, New Ross, Co.Wexford.

We are looking for 2 males to play characters in their late teens

Auditions taking place from 10:30am-2:30pm

Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/theclosershort

Starnow ad:

http://www.starnow.ie/Casting-Calls/Actors-wanted/Short-film/the_closer_1.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7 OneTrueNemo

CALLING ALL ACTORS!

I am writing to you from Tilted Pictures, a film production company based in Dublin. We are shooting a short film for the Irish film board, for which we are casting many extras of different ages.

-Scene in a veterinary clinic: Main character walks through a crowded waiting room. We are looking for extras (45 yrs +) and their pets to be involved in the scene. They would be in the background, sitting/standing and waiting.
    (M+F, 45+yrs, w/non-exotic pets)

-Street Scene: Opening shot of film. We are looking for two women extras (middle aged) in running gear to jog through scene. These fitness enthusiasts show more enthusiasm than fitness! Think upwardly mobile suburban mums with empty nests
    (F, 55+yrs, not very athletic)

-Car Park: Two adolescent girls walk through and laugh at the main character
    (F, 10-13yrs)

-Restaurant Scene: Two characters have conversation in crowded restaurant. We are looking for male and female actors of various ages (18+) to create a busy atmosphere.
    (M+F, 18-99yrs)

We will be shooting these scenes between the 25th and 27th of July (specific dates to be confirmed for different scenes) in Dublin.

It will be a great opportunity to see yourself on the big screen, as this film will be present at international film festivals.

Please contact niall.mullins@gmail.com if you are interested!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 OneTrueNemo

All extras parts have now been cast. Thanks to all who applied!
    CALLING ALL ACTORS!

I am writing to you from Tilted Pictures, a film production company based in Dublin. We are shooting a short film for the Irish film board, for which we are casting many extras of different ages.

-Scene in a veterinary clinic: Main character walks through a crowded waiting room. We are looking for extras (45 yrs +) and their pets to be involved in the scene. They would be in the background, sitting/standing and waiting.
    (M+F, 45+yrs, w/non-exotic pets)

-Street Scene: Opening shot of film. We are looking for two women extras (middle aged) in running gear to jog through scene. These fitness enthusiasts show more enthusiasm than fitness! Think upwardly mobile suburban mums with empty nests
    (F, 55+yrs, not very athletic)

-Car Park: Two adolescent girls walk through and laugh at the main character
    (F, 10-13yrs)

-Restaurant Scene: Two characters have conversation in crowded restaurant. We are looking for male and female actors of various ages (18+) to create a busy atmosphere.
    (M+F, 18-99yrs)

We will be shooting these scenes between the 25th and 27th of July (specific dates to be confirmed for different scenes) in Dublin.

It will be a great opportunity to see yourself on the big screen, as this film will be present at international film festivals.

Please contact niall.mullins@gmail.com if you are interested!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kellyof

Hi

I'm looking for a film/tv/video project to edit. Any caliber, really.

I've recently graduated from a film production course and I have experience with Final Cut Pro and I know the basics of Avid. As of yet, I have only edited student films of mine but I have a passion for editing and would love to do more.

I am looking to apply for a course in Digital Effects next year so I need to get stuff for my showreel!

I also know the basics of After Effects if needed.

Please get in touch!

Thanks.

Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Medea616

Hey guys!
    My name is Zoe Kavanagh.
    I'm a director and editor. I'm interested in editing short films and music videos for other filmmakers.
    I cut on Final Cut Pro 7 and have for the past few years.

I just finished a BA Hons Degree course in Film & TV in the National Film School in IADT.
    I've done two FETAC courses in Film & TV, Cinematography in BCFE college.

My IMDB page.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4692625/

some work I've edited.

Hit me up if ya need an editor.
    ZK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ThereseC

Hi all,

I'm looking for an actor at very short notice so anyone who could help me / point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

We need an actor with an american accent (or who can do a good american accent) for a corporate video on this Friday morning (17th August) in Carlow.

It's a paid gig so if you know anyone who would fit the bill, please put them in touch with me.

Many thanks,
    Therese

• Registered Users Posts: 49 stephen112

Check out these guys, would make a great addition to a film soundtrack

http://soundcloud.com/leadersofmen/sets/ep2/s-9D0nX
    LEADERS OF MEN

As yet unpublished so cheap and with very fast signoff times...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MANSO

Actor needed male 23-26
    A Dublin production company needs an actor to accompany a non-actor in an audition situation. It will take aprox 1/2 hour. The audition is primarily set up for the non actor but the actor will have a chance to showcase their talent and will be considered for the as yet uncast role.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Casting for Short film – Snatched.

Thriller

'A young Eastern European woman lured to Ireland by the promise of work and forced into prostitution by a ruthless gang is kidnapped from the brothel by one of her customers.'

Lead Roles:

Elena, Female, 20s.

Sergei, Male, Mid 20s to Mid 30s. Average/Athletic/Muscular build.

Anatoli, Male, Mid 20s to Mid 30s. Average/Athletic/Muscular build.

Victor, Male, 30-50. A vicious thug.

For all of the above roles actors will have to mimic an Eastern European accent. The ability to speak polish/Russian would be a huge plus though is not necessary.

Sheridan, Female 25 – 40.

Minor Roles:

Male thugs 1 & 2.

Casting will be in Dublin city centre. Dates TBD.

Remuneration:

Travel expenses will be covered. Food and refreshments will be provided for what should be a three day shoot. We hope to shoot in the final week of October 2012.

Please email CVs and headshots to warlikeprod@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tikifi

ThereseC wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking for an actor at very short notice so anyone who could help me / point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

We need an actor with an american accent (or who can do a good american accent) for a corporate video on this Friday morning (17th August) in Carlow.

It's a paid gig so if you know anyone who would fit the bill, please put them in touch with me.

Many thanks,
    Therese

Hi Therese,
    I have just seen this ad and realise it is redundant but I am based in Carlow if you ever need to cast again.
    If you would like to email me I can send you showreel, CV etc,
    Thanks!
    Fiona
    Tikifi@hotmail.com
    Fiona@zoomin.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭paperwork

So according to the other guys in my band, you need to have a music video now. We are a four piece outfit on a budget looking for a film-maker type to give us a hand. We aren't looking for you to do it for free or anything, but because its our first EP we wanna keep it low key. We have absolutely no idea what we want to happen in the video, so I was kinda hoping we'd be able to send a few lads the song then meet up and have a chat about it... if thats the done thing.

PM me for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Let's be up front about this first.

What sort of ballpark figure are you talking for the budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭paperwork

Thats not something I really wanna discuss on the forum, if you're really interested send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NiFellini

Hi there

We are a group of new Cork filmmakers who are making three short films in the coming weeks. We are looking for a variety of roles:

Woman (35-50), confident, chatty, physically expressive
    Young male robber (16-early 20s) slim build
    Man (30-40), earnest

Male 40-50 Stocky, menacing, strong
    Male 30-50 Authority figure, tall and trim
    Girl 14/16 yrs looking younger, innocent looking

Woman early 20s innocent looking, fragile
    Young girl 10

Filming will take place over two weekends- Sun 18th November, Sat 25, Sun 25th November. It will be a one-day shoot for each film

We are planning to hold auditions in Cork City within the next week (probably Wed or Thurs 7/8 November). Details to be confirmed.

Unfortunately, these are unpaid roles but we can provide transport and food and you will receive a copy of the film when finished.

Please email me at misenifellini@gmail.com if you are interested in auditioning for these roles.

Kind Regards

AM

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Yedya

If anyone wants to act in action film taking place in galway over christmas probley some date between 19-23rd

Drop me an email
    conorhynes18@gmail.com

Cheers

Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Music Madness

Hi,

Im looking for a good videographer to do and edit a promo video for one of our bands. 5-7 minutes and probably shot on location aT one of the wedding events. Fairly simple format (some location shots, band performing live, interview with client). Sound quality is important so much have good recording equipment. Location is Leinster (depending on the night).

Pm me if interested and include some links to previous work. Budget negotiable depending on experience and quality of end product.

Cheers

MM :)

I just wanted to let boardies know that if you are looking for experience in the video industry to contact me. If your interested in web video and web production I am looking for people wanting to get experience or work.

I'm specifically looking for:

Directors
    Producers
    Casting Directors
    Location Scouts
    Cinematographers
    Boom Operators
    Makeup artists
    Production Designers
    Actors and Extras
    Prop Makers
    Production Co-Ordinator's

However since this is a startup, web video isn't parts of any programmes funded by RTE or any film festivals in Ireland and therefore we aren't offering much in the way of salaries which is why I am looking for those who want to get experience and references for C.Vs etc. If the project becomes successful and we get monetization abilities etc we'd look into funding and salaries etc.

If your interested, send me a PM!

Be in the Kildare/Dublin/Leinster area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JAMESGREENE

HI MY NAME JAMES GREENE I AM NINETEAN YEARS OF AGE I HAVE DONE ACTON FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS FOR A DRAMA CLUB CALLED ROUNDABOUT YOUTH THEART AND I HAVE ALSO DONE MOIVE EXTRAS FOR A YEAR BUT I AM HOPING TO BUILED UP MY SHOW REAL IN PROPHER ROLES I HAVE DONE TREE SHORT FILMS AT THE MOMENT AND AM HOPING TO GET MORE WORK
    DIRECTOR ROLE PRODUCTION TITLE
    TOMMCKENNA SEAN TMC RED SKY
    DAVID LYDE MICKO DIT THATS MAGIC
    ALEKSON THE VILLIAN BCFE INMORTAL

EXTRA ROLES
    DIRECTOR ROLE PRODUCTION TITLE
    WAITER RTE FAIR CITY
    LENNYABRAHAM CAUSE ELEMENT WHAT RICHARD DID
    JAMES MARSH SOILDER SD SHADOW DANCER
    KABIR KHAN CUSTOMER BOLLYWOOD EK THE TIGER
    RED SOILDER DIT THE GAMES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

First thing to do James is turn off the Caps Lock on your keyboard. That's very very hard to read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

5-7 min edited piece time?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Das89

Hello, I am Music technology student and I am about the start my MA in TV & Film production in September. I have extensive experience with DAW’s and many video editing software i.e. Adobe Premiere, after cuts etc..... I have worked on TV shows as audio editor and have recorded many bands and artists in my time. However I have a love for sound design and would like to offer my services for anyone who would need work on music video or foley artistry (have an extensive sound library), film etc..
    If you would like my services I am completely free and would gladly work on any type of project. Contact me on this and I can send examples of my work.
    Cheers :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

FreezeUp wrote: »
    5-7 min edited piece time?

Kinda obvious, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mitral

Hey,

My name is Oisin O' Driscoll and I'm producing one of the final year graduate films from the National Film School in Dun Laoghaire.

For the shoot we are looking for the use of an office space on the 16th Feb, that fits aprox 10 people around Dublin.

If anyone has an office space like this or knows anyone I could contact that'd be great.

Oisin
    Mitral101@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭grymreepor

Hi we are looking for a student or talented amatuer to film a fly on the wall documentary of the set up and roll out of our festival in august. we are the le cheile arts and music festival and will have a small but as yet unknown budget for the project.
    we are irelands longest running independant arts and music festival and would lve to capture the ups and downs and highs and lows of festival life in a behind the scenes no holds barred documentary of our weekend.
    please pm me and i'll get back to you.
    kind regards brendan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

PM sent..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Athnakill

PM sent, please let us know if we could be of help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rocky2013

Hi,
    I'm looking for someone to record a read-through of a play I wrote in Ballincollig, Cork Sunday evening. Now I would hire a wedding videographer but it's a very straightforward job of setting up the camera and recording (no need to be mobile, no lighting considerations) and the prices they charge for something like that are too high. Having said that I'd prefer better quality than recording it on a mobile phone.So the most I can pay is high double digits, but its easy money for someone with the right equipment. And it'll be good craic cause its a comedy and you get to see a play for free as well!!
    Any takers, PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PaddieT

Hi
    Looking for an FX artist for a short film that is shooting in two weeks. All it will require is doing a gun shot effect. If interested please email pthompson1629@hotmail.com
    Thank You!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mildonefilm

Actors Wanted!
    1 Male, 1 Female, early 30's to mid 40's for upcoming student short film, produced by 3rd year CDM Students of IT Tallaght.

This 5 min comedy/drama will be shot in Tallaght and Lucan on Fridays 15th and 22nd March with one extra night shoot for the male character.

Male - Mid 30's - Mid 40's. Climbing the career ladder but very much under the thumb of his wife. He was a wild one in his day, and enjoys Rockabilly and Psychobilly music.

Female - Early 30's to late 30's. Homemaker, stylish and in control. Want her husband to forget his youth and succumb to her controlling ways.

Depsite the power issues, both man and woman are deeply in love with each other.

We will also be looking for extras who have a 'Rockabilly' look for a reunion/lads night out scene.

For more information, script and audition dates and times, please contact themildonesfilm@gmail.com stating any experience you may have and availabilty during the month of March and any headshots you may have.

This is an unpaid role, we will however supply you with a copy of the finished work for your showreel and provide some light refreshments on shoot days.

Advertisement