Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

Went a little mad on sat( food and drink )and not a great sun so hoping to pull it back before weigh in wednesday :( Too much alcohol, too much bread etc but i had a great time.

Really want the half stone gone and i was only 1/2 pound away last week fingers crossed....making a syn free chowder later if i can.... its needed with all the rain, will let you know how it goes!!!

Well i didnt drink the doubles but id love the 5lbs loss pretty please:)
    dee. wrote: »
    Ive only drank once on SW but I was drinking double vodkas with mi wadi orange and lost 5lbs that week and kept it off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Been so good for me all this week, went out thurs had chicken curry n boiled rice in browns barn restaurant and a choc pudding for after and a glass of wine. But every other day I've barely gone into my syns.

Whereas on a normal week of slimming I'd eat Eddie rockets, chipper or curry at least twice and lose something so I'm hoping I lose big this week. 2lb away from being 10st 13 so dying to see that. Also 3 1/2 lb away from half stone so either would be nice this week

So pissed off couldn't even stay for class just wanted to cry! I stayed the bloody same after all that. Started a bootcamp last night and am so stiff. Got weighed at half 3 today luckily I had stew on coz I'm so tempted to binge but just going to keep at it and hope next week it's a big loss.

I was on holidays the week before last and lost 3lbs even though I ate crap

Dair wrote: »
    Went a little mad on sat( food and drink )and not a great sun so hoping to pull it back before weigh in wednesday :( Too much alcohol, too much bread etc but i had a great time.

Really want the half stone gone and i was only 1/2 pound away last week fingers crossed....making a syn free chowder later if i can.... its needed with all the rain, will let you know how it goes!!!

Once u had a good time that's all that matters, if u don't get it this week you'll get it next!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭polly27

Hi all i am back, got weighed and i am right back at square one plus 5 pounds extra from my orginal joining weight :(

anyway onwards and downwards from here (on the scales i mean)

i am ready to do this and my head is in the right place, going to plan all my meals

can anyone give me some ideas for lunches that dont have syns if possible?

thanks everyone, heres to the new skinny me :)

• Advertisement

polly27 wrote: »
    Hi all i am back, got weighed and i am right back at square one plus 5 pounds extra from my orginal joining weight :(

anyway onwards and downwards from here (on the scales i mean)

i am ready to do this and my head is in the right place, going to plan all my meals

can anyone give me some ideas for lunches that dont have syns if possible?

thanks everyone, heres to the new skinny me :)

Well done for going it's the hardest part but here's to us being the biggest losers

Lunches I like are

Pasta with tin of tomatoes or passata and whatever veg In freezer then maybe tin of tuna.
    Super free soups like tomatoe n basil, veg etc
    Baked potatoe with tuna and salad or beans
    Stir fry
    Omelette
    Sambo using ur hexb but having it open and using knife n fork as takes longer
    Leftovers from previous dinner
    Scramble egg
    Mini fry with rasher (fat cut off) slender choice sausages (1/2 syn each I think) egg, beans, tomatoes, onion, mushroom and instead of bread I've fried left over potatoes n they are so filling

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

3lbs down in my 2nd weigh in so 5.5lbs altogether in 2 weeks so delighted that I found Sw as it seems to be working... took a few days to get into it properly but found the site great for recipes

Hi Bulmersgal

thanks so much for all the ideas for meals, i know i was dreading it but feeling great today as im more positive and eating well and i know i can do this, have you been doing it long, how you getting on ? great to have this thread to log into as you always feel so mich better logging out,

Thanks again :)

Ditzyfairy:

well done you, i just rejoined last night so im hoping for a least 3 next week at the weigh in, its hard to get into any new food plan but look at it as a lifestyle choice and not a diet, there is so much variety with slimming world you could never feel deprived, good luck with this week and ill check in next week with my weight loss (hopefully) looking forward to hearing how you get on too

polly27 wrote: »
    Hi Bulmersgal

thanks so much for all the ideas for meals, i know i was dreading it but feeling great today as im more positive and eating well and i know i can do this, have you been doing it long, how you getting on ? great to have this thread to log into as you always feel so mich better logging out,

Thanks again :)

It's a easy to follow, doing it a little while but not properly was going to Eddie rockets and mc Donald's at least twice a week! Was still losing slowly but then my granddad died and I went on eating spree put on 3 and a half lbs so had only lost 1/2 lbs. then came back from weeks holiday and had lost 3lbs instead of putting on clueless about that as was being bold but not as bad as previously, then this week I stayed the same even tho I was good. So this week I'm keeping food diary and doing more excerise then I ever have. Bootcamp 3 times walking 4k every day o've no bootcamp so hopefully get big lost and sotw lol

• Advertisement

i know how life can go, have had a few bumps in life too but unfortunately no other choice but to do my best to stay strong as im sure you know, sorry to hear about your grandad, comfort eating is so easy to get into a habit of,

you will get there as will i, i need to do more exercise , walking will be all i can do for now as funds are low, saving up to join a gym before xmas,

a girl from a town near me is on the front of the local newspaper having lost 6 stone since Jan with slimming world, her transformation is unbelievable and i know if she can do it so can as so can we all

Good luck with you weigh in and ill check in on tuesday after mine :)

I got it i cant believe it i was so relieved as i was trying my best mon and tues before weigh in. Cant believe it half a stone in 3 weeks sooo delighted...Here to the next 3 i hope i can keep it up :D
    bulmersgal wrote: »
    Once u had a good time that's all that matters, if u don't get it this week you'll get it next!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

well done on the losses so far folks!

is anyone aware of any restaraunts/take aways that do a slimming world menu? I had a chinese (in Navan) the other night and they had a SW menu with a huge selection and nothing had more than 2 syns. Anyone know any other places

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sierra21

I've been in slimming world for 6 weeks and have lost eight pounds and a find it all really good. I've downloaded an app. which I saw on one of the discussion forums on the website - endomondo sports tracker. It's free and keeps a count of time walked, distance and calories burned, also tracks your route using sat. nav and alerts you - voice - each kilometre. I find it really good for keeping track on my walking, then I do the daily total and put into the fitness tracker on the web.

Does anyone have suggestions for low/no syn deserts/treats apart from Muller Light which I am eating every day.

Thanks

Which chinese is this i live in Navan and would love a chinese tomorrow night!!! I havent seen any on other menus YET;)
    ditzyfairy wrote: »
    is anyone aware of any restaraunts/take aways that do a slimming world menu? I had a chinese (in Navan) the other night and they had a SW menu with a huge selection and nothing had more than 2 syns. Anyone know any other places

Which chinese is this i live in Navan and would love a chinese tomorrow night!!! I havent seen any on other menus YET;)

it was the Ch*na G*rden :) it was delicious too :)

Thanks soooo much, definately heading for there tonight...i cant wait, if i see SW menu anywhere else il let you know:). I have a target set for next week so going here shouldnt damage it at all:)
    ditzyfairy wrote: »
    it was the Ch*na G*rden :) it was delicious too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Hi all, delighted to have found this forum, I started SW last Monday so am just heading into the hardest bit - the weekend!!!! :). I am finding it good, I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and seem to have 3lb gone already so I'm delighted with that. I suppose the hardest bit for me is the organising, I work full time and don't have the facililty of heating up anything in work (I might ask the boss to be really nice and buy me a microwave ;)) and one of my kids and my husband are very plain eaters!

I have done WW so many times over the years I've lost count! In fairness it did work for me, I lost about 3stone on it about 10 years ago, kept it off for about five years or so but in 2006/2007, it started creeping slowly back up again and I put back up the entire three stone plus another stone and a half :eek::eek:.

The main focus with SW appears to be eating tons of calorie burning fruit and veg which is great and changing the way we cook - I would have used extra virgin olive oil when frying chicken fillets or eggs etc. and I wouldn't really have thought twice about it, not to mention the butter and milk used to mash potatoes (a staple of our diet!). I take mine out now before I start the mashing for the rest of the family!

Anyway, best of luck to everyone starting out around now too and congrats to everyone who has lost such great amounts on here, it's very heartening to read all the success stories - my first goal is 2 stone gone by Christmas so we'll see how that goes.

Happy eating all xx :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dancingshoes

HI ladies (and gents?). I had my first WI on thursday 1.5 down, was slightly disappointed as I was hoping to lose 2-3 a week, and I had also started the couch to 5k programme. but overall I am happy with the programme, I took me 10 years to put on the 4 stone I have to lose, so I will give myself a year to lose it all again. although I really don't think I will ever be the size I was when I was 20!!

I have decided not to set a target yet as my consultant said to have a think about it and make smaller targets to build up to my final target, she said I will know what that is the more weight I lose.

so I just wanted to post up here and get some inspiration form all of you guys, great post here, good to see gains and losses, makes it more real somehow.

here's hoping for a 2-3lb loss on Thurs (4 days to go :eek:)

So here goes, I'm putting it out there for the first time

Start weight: 14 3.5
    W1 14 2 (-1.5)

• Advertisement

Anyway, best of luck to everyone starting out around now too and congrats to everyone who has lost such great amounts on here, it's very heartening to read all the success stories - my first goal is 2 stone gone by Christmas so we'll see how that goes.

Happy eating all xx :)

Cheers Comfy us newbies will keep each other going:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

HI ladies (and gents?). I had my first WI on thursday 1.5 down, was slightly disappointed as I was hoping to lose 2-3 a week, and I had also started the couch to 5k programme.

Just on this, be careful about expecting such high losses. If you don't reach them you end up being very disappointed and can be very counter productive for you in the long run.

No harm in aiming for 2 or 3lb off but only if you won't mind not reaching it certain weeks and won't beat yourself up about it. Otherwise stick with hoping for a 1lb off each week to start with anyway as your body won't know exactly what's going on for first few weeks and weight might be up and down a few times. Plus if you get anything more than the 1lb sure you will be delighted :)

Cheers Comfy us newbies will keep each other going:)

Brilliant and I've four stone to lose too so we're starting off at the same point! :D

HI ladies (and gents?). I had my first WI on thursday 1.5 down, was slightly disappointed as I was hoping to lose 2-3 a week, and I had also started the couch to 5k programme. but overall I am happy with the programme, I took me 10 years to put on the 4 stone I have to lose, so I will give myself a year to lose it all again. although I really don't think I will ever be the size I was when I was 20!!

I have decided not to set a target yet as my consultant said to have a think about it and make smaller targets to build up to my final target, she said I will know what that is the more weight I lose.

so I just wanted to post up here and get some inspiration form all of you guys, great post here, good to see gains and losses, makes it more real somehow.

So here goes, I'm putting it out there for the first time

Start weight: 14 3.5
    W1 14 2 (-1.5)

I joined SW after my cousin lost two stone in about four months and a friend lost three and a half stone from January to May, I was gobsmacked when I saw her :eek:. Anyway, another friend of mine started it about six weeks ago and she'd be quite a big girl, she only lost 3lbs in the first 3 weeks and I was kinda thinking "that's a bit slow" - but she now has 10lb gone.

My point is the weeks go by soooo quickly, even little losses add up, you may think 1.5 isn't a lot but if you put a block and a half of butter into your handbag and carry it around all day, you'd feel the weight of it and that's what you are no longer carrying around with you so think of it that way. Even if you only lose 1.5 every week to the end of September, it's still 10.5 gone :)

Even if you only lose 1.5 every week to the end of September, it's still 10.5 gone :)

Thanks Comfy and Toni, I must be more realistic I suppose and just take it week by week, slow and steady wins the race :)

Thanks Comfy and Toni, I must be more realistic I suppose and just take it week by week, slow and steady wins the race :)

I'm hoping my username will be "sexy thong" by 2013 :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Don't get me wrong some weeks you may have surprising loss of like 4 or even higher. But for the next while your body will be trying to adjust to this new eating system. Just make sure to stock up on extra veg and fruits. Plenty frozen veg in the freezer in case you run out of fresh stuff.

Plus you could end up spending hours looking at recipes online! You can adapt nearly any recipe to a SW one just by changing about the odd ingredient. Have fun experimenting with food and be positive about it all. The energy you will have and all round healthy feeling is great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lizerb23

The motivation diet is meant to be amazing my friend done it and lost 4 stone, but its not a diet its a life changing thing, its quiet expensive tho but its worth every penny she said...

hmmm im not so sure about this i havent heard hugely positive thing about it, is this where they restict calorie intake and you buy shakes and bars from them??

At the end of the day the motivation needs to be within you as a person, if you are not in the right frame of mind no matter what diet you try you wont lose weigh and more importantly keep it off.
    Also i think for me the fact im not restricting my food just making healthier choices is really working.
    If you need support or motivation try the sw meetings i find them fantastic as a support network, everybody is really encouraging gain or loss, and advice is great form people in your position.
    lizerb23 wrote: »
    The motivation diet is meant to be amazing my friend done it and lost 4 stone, but its not a diet its a life changing thing, its quiet expensive tho but its worth every penny she said...

• Advertisement

At the end of the day the motivation needs to be within you as a person, if you are not in the right frame of mind no matter what diet you try you wont lose weigh and more importantly keep it off.

Totally agree with you, that frame of mind is the crux of the matter with so many of us! I've known for ages that my weight was creeping up and that I was breathless just walking up the stairs at home and that my entire wardrobe is now size fecking 18 but I just wasn't in the frame of mind to do anything about it except moan and feel sorry for myself. I was on holidays a few weeks back with some friends and I needed a new rain jacket. We all called into this shop that had a great sale on and the others ended up buying jackets and I didn't because none of them would come close to fastening on me and I just realised I'm bloody fed up of this. I'm fed up of buying clothes simply because they fit me rather than because I want and like them. I'm fed up hating every single photograph I see of myself and tearing onto Facebook to untag myself in pictures before the world sees them.

I was looking for something at home there the week before last and I found a 10 year old photo of myself. I was absolutely stunned when I saw it. It would have been taken when I had my weight gone before and I looked feckin great (if I may say so!!). I had cheekbones when I smiled :), my arms were slim - I was just a totally different person (size 14) Anyway that was it for me, I realised it was within my power to do this and I am GOING to do this, I am going to look like that again (well plus 10 years of course :D)

Ooh look, it's lunchtime, nom nom nom :pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement