Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Late Late Show Interruption!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

Bond-007 wrote:
    What radio show was he on?

Ray D'Arcy I'm reliably informed. Didn't hear it myself due to the major power cut in Carlow. Power cuts are beginning to plague the place but that's another matter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They just spoofed it on Podge & Rodge. This guy ran out from the audience, and starting telling them that the language was disgraceful. They cut to a still of the P&R logo, then gunshots could be heard. As they cut back, the man (wearing a brown leather jacket and a pair of jeans) could be seen falling to the ground.
    when is it repeated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

DoubleJoe7 wrote:
    Yer man was on the radio this morning. He did indeed call Kenny a censor, and referred to Byrne for the segment they did later in the show, on road safety, to which he wasn't invited.

You see he has a patent for a self driving car, that will revolutionise the world and eradicate the need for drivers and thus cut out human error, saving many lives.

He believes that this will make him rich, and that as he will base his operations in Ireland, will lead to unprecedented prosperity, which will in turn lead to a glittering political career.

I know that this sounds like I'm full of bull, but this is what he had to say. He also said he'd do it again.

BUT, I saved the best till last.........

His daughter is a researcher for...........you guessed it......

The Late Late Show!

he has a unique working device, developed beyond any other such similar device in the world he also has a blackbox that hasn't been already developed, wow clever man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Bond-007 wrote:
    when is it repeated?

It was repeated last night, but they just skipped right over the "incident" just before it happened the screen went black and they passed out the best bit of the show.

I meant podge and rodge. :)

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote:
    I meant podge and rodge. :)

Friday night / Saturday morning on RTÉ Two. The Panel (which also discussed the issue) is repeated then as well.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

At 23.20 on RTÉ 2 Friday night

Thanks! :)

DoubleJoe7 wrote:

The Late Late Show!

I know there is an irony in this, which is why some of the tabloids like the Sunday Indo I]sic[/I are making a big deal of it. But it really shouldn't be an issue. In fairness, she's distanced herself from what happened, and she doesn't deserved to be made a show of because of something a relative did.

If it was Ryan Tubridy's cousin, say, and the papers made a big deal of Tubridy's connection, then it would be a tiny bit more excusable. He's in the public eye and could reasonably expect that his name would be thrown about the papers from time to time. But a researcher on the Late Late? She's not exactly crying out for publicity, especially negative publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i wouldnt worry about it

wont be news in a few days

• Advertisement

Before the interruption, Pat seemed to be a bit conflustered. He made a few slip ups - while they're forgivable, they are uncharacteristic of PK. For example, he referred to Brendan O'Connor as "Brenda".

Watch the first four minutes of the Late Late here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKKugKfTxbM

Some more reaction, as such, on Stokegate - this is from Tuesday's Indo.
    [Ray D'Arcy] also revealed that Jenny's labour was brought on by Paul Stokes from Monkstown, Co Dublin, who stormed the stage on Friday night's 'Late Late Show'.

The couple sat down to watch the chatshow and joked they would 'bore the baby' into arriving. "Jenny couldn't stop laughing after seeing what had happened and had to go to the toilet," said Ray.

Jenny Kelly gave birth at 8pm on Saturday evening to baby Kate. She weighed "seven pounds... and a little bit."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ecco

DoubleJoe7 wrote:
    Yer man was on the radio this morning. He did indeed call Kenny a censor, and referred to Byrne for the segment they did later in the show, on road safety, to which he wasn't invited.

You see he has a patent for a self driving car, that will revolutionise the world and eradicate the need for drivers and thus cut out human error, saving many lives.

He believes that this will make him rich, and that as he will base his operations in Ireland, will lead to unprecedented prosperity, which will in turn lead to a glittering political career.

I know that this sounds like I'm full of bull, but this is what he had to say. He also said he'd do it again.

BUT, I saved the best till last.........

The Late Late Show!

What program was he on can it be heard online ?

Post #93:
    Ray D'Arcy I'm reliably informed.

Don't think it's online.

Carlow Nationalist article on a local soccer match:
    Unlike another late late show last weekend, this one was played out in good spirits, by and large, and fair play was evident throughout.

Oh dear...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/1203/rte.html

Getting a bit out of hand now, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

he has over taken that dancing priest, michael stone and david beckham in the "il do anything to keep my name in media circles" stakes!!

Advertisement