Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish SOPA and ACTA Discussion

• 19-01-2012 5:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

So the PIPA and SOPA are two bills that, if passed in the US, will result in worldwide censorship of the internet. I heard conspiracy theorists talking about this years ago but I never thought they could actually do something like this. What can Irish people do to help prevent this from happening? I've been signing petitions and writing emails to companies allegedly supporting the bills but how can we have a more direct effect? Fair play to wikipedia for this blackout, I have seen other sites informing people about the PIPA and SOPA but this wikipedia blackout will have an enormous effect and help inform millions of people who, would have ordinarily been unaware of what PIPA and SOPA even are. I'm a chemistry student but I find the lecture material insufficient to gain a deep understanding of the concepts so I rely on the internet for more than 70% of my learning. Not to mention all the other things I use the internet to learn. If we all start writing to the political representatives in this country and express our opposition to this global infringement of human rights, we can help ensure that the Irish government never supports something like this.

Comments

Advertisement