Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Sinfonia wrote: »

Wasn't aware of the date.. Sleepless night on Thursday then!
    [SIZE="1"]Although I'm honestly expecting to be disappointed :([/SIZE]

That's the spirit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

from ylyl:
    tumblr_mhnpftR3nN1r893n6o1_500.png
    tumblr_mhnpftR3nN1r893n6o2_500.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Can't WAIT to see........the ratings! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

pixelburp wrote: »
    An 'epic' trailer has been released for us to harshly judge :) Only a few more days!

Looks like the usual mixture of genius and overly self-referencial.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Great - but please do not post them here, especially if it's gloating. It'll just be baiting people unnecessarily. If we want them, we can look them up ourselves. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Happy October 19th Human Beings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

ITS HERE :DDDD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

DONT CARE

about the ratings.

or you.

or what you think of them.

• Can't WAIT to see........the ratings! :D

Is it possible to ban users from individual threads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Did Community take Richard Dower's lunch money? (or some other TV show reason for aggressive dislike of TV shows).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

In all seriousness, good luck tonight guys and enjoy the show....your passion for Community cannot be questioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

It has finally arrived. I'm off tomorrow and the first thing I'm going to do is watch Community. Here's hoping it's a good one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Did Community take Richard Dower's lunch money? (or some other TV show reason for aggressive dislike of TV shows).

Nah, he's just waiting for it to be cancelled so he can proclaim that his prediction was right...having been wrong for the past 2 seasons :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's starting right now over on NBC - I expect to have it from the cousins in an hour's time...

Just finished watching the stream - I don't want to taint anyone's opinions so
    I never thought I'd say this about Community, but it almost seemed like it was trying too hard. It lacked direction and the Abed sitcom thing was grating to say the least. As an opening gag it was funny but it was used far too much, especially when the greendale babies were introduced!

Also didn't the Study Group retake Biology over the Summer? Surely they would have known that Jeff was taking other classes, even if they were online?

Having said all that though, it's just great to have the show back. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Okay, I enjoyed it. I loved the opening, had a mini heart attack when I first heard the laugh track. I do think they took the Abed TV joke a bit too far, but it didn't put me off too much, that opening theme tune was brilliant.

I feel that the season as a whole will be alright, I don't think we have any reason to worry, the writing seemed very similar, I think the camera angles/cuts etc were different and that seemed to changed the feel of it significantly.

They were trying a bit too hard, but its probably only because they needed to fit so many story line openers into the first episode, I imagine it will settle down next week and we'll have a more normal episode.

This episode I'll give it a 7.0/10, maybe 7.5, but the main thing is I think the season as a whole will still be the normal community.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I didn't like the Abed TV thing at all (apart from the end with Jeff's speech). Some of the jokes in Abed TV jokes were actually good but they seemed less funny with the laugh track so the writing was actually good but the implementation sucked. I usually love anything to do with Abed so given that and how it took up a lot of the episode that was pretty disappointing. Stuff with Jeff and Dean was good (apart from that tooooooooooooo joke but I always hate those types of jokes) especially the dance and when he moves into the new condo. Changnesia - Brilliant. :)

Decent episode all round but if they had gotten rid of the Abed TV thing and had him doing something else it would have been better. Feeling positive about the rest of the season.

There's a spoiler in the thread title, so it's fair game once the episode has aired to discuss it without spoiler tags... Anyone who checks in after 1am on a Thursday/Friday, does so at their own risk...

Gonna agree with phasers, FlyingIrishMan and AlmightyCushion - not the greatest episode, but on a whole I'm confident about the season and just glad it's back...
    They tried to fit too much in to the first episode I think, but I'm guessing they won't do that from here on in... I'm looking forward to the Chang storyline, as well as Jeff and the Dean...
    Actually, what I loved about ABED TV was that we had Fred Willard as Pierce - which goes to show (even though this episode was written and shot before Chevy quit) that Community could easily continue sans Chase...
    I'm hoping the Troy and Britta stuff will be better in future... Didn't work for me tonight, but I love both characters and was rooting for them last year...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There's a spoiler in the thread title, so it's fair game once the episode has aired to discuss it without spoiler tags... Anyone who checks in after 1am on a Thursday/Friday, does so at their own risk...

Gonna agree with phasers, FlyingIrishMan and AlmightyCushion - not the greatest episode, but on a whole I'm confident about the season and just glad it's back...
    They tried to fit too much in to the first episode I think, but I'm guessing they won't do that from here on in... I'm looking forward to the Chang storyline, as well as Jeff and the Dean...
    Actually, what I loved about ABED TV was that we had Fred Willard as Pierce - which goes to show (even though this episode was written and shot before Chevy quit) that Community could easily continue sans Chase...
    I'm hoping the Troy and Britta stuff will be better in future... Didn't work for me tonight, but I love both characters and was rooting for them last year...

Troy and Britta stuff was kinda funny but mainly because of Troy. The no wars bit was classic troy.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, that bit was awesome... I think when I re-watch the episode I might enjoy it a lot more... I remember not liking last years christmas episode that much on the first viewing, but now I love it...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Not great. It's great to have the show back but it can do so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Richard Dower - I know you're chomping at the bit to post ratings for last night and gloat. You've been very vocal that you don't watch the show and you don't like the show, so any posts regarding negative ratings will be considered as trolling and will be dealt with as per the forum charter guidelines.

Spoilsport? Yeah, that's me.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

It was an interesting episode in that Fred Willard, who played Pierce in the Abed Dream show, was Dan Harmon's preferred actor for the role instead of Chevy Chase. He would have been good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Cr*p, missed it. Can't wait to see if the new season is as high a standard as the previous seasons.

I think another thing that bothered me was that the group were split up for the majority of the episode. I'm not mad on Troy and Britta together, but maybe that's cos it just felt kind of weird. And didn't Annie love hospital administration last season?

And good call FlyingIrishMan, it was definitely filmed differently. It sort of felt like someone moved my stapler slightly, and I didn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I think I'll wait til episode 2 for final judgement

clearly the vast majority of this episode was very much a tongue in cheek response to all the panic created over the break, so it was hard to tell how much was standard for the new season and what was them purposely twisting things. sure the stuff with abed was obviously skewed, but I got the impression the stuff with the dean was purposely overdone as well as the stuff with annie, so I'll wait til episode 2 or 3 to see if they've ruined community or not.

Overall though, I laughed a fair few times, but like phasers said it was a bit more scattered then normal for my liking and honestly there was probably too much going on, the hunger deans and abed's happy place both would have been better as individual full episodes in their own right I'd imagine, as can be seen from the pillow fort mockumentary episode and abed's christmas special.

Was there any october 19th references?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

It was different but good, I enjoyed it

• There were one or two moments where I cringed and other moments when I laughed.

I wonder if having Fred Willard play Pierce in Abed's dream sequences was intended as a smack in the face of Dan Harmon, who Kilkenny14 said was Harmon's first preference for the character?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Didn't really like the Abed TV thing at all. Thought the greendale babies was good though - the idea of retreating further into his imagination like. Overall it wasn't bad but it wasn't great but, like others, I'm going to give it a couple more episodes before deciding on the new season.

Thought Troy was his usual brilliant self though. And loved "Changnesia".

Still delighted to have it back.

Advertisement