Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unlimited calls text, 5gb data + HTC One M8 18 months 712e Total (Also Sony Z3)

Options
  • 18-12-2014 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭

Right first thread so forgive me if I am doing this wrong or if you don't think it's a bargain.

This is a bargain if you use your phone a lot, and you want the best phone.

I upgraded with emobile last week to the HTC one M8. On their website the contract offers were pretty crap, 55e a month for 24 months for the select unlimited 4G. That works out at 1320 quid over the course of 2 years, which is a lot. Vodafone read, o2 and meteor were all about the same and importantly were all only offering 24 month contracts.

I went into emobile and asked them if they had any 18 month contracts, and they did. It was the contract I had been on before. 39e per month, 18 months and you pay 100e for the handset (150 if you want the Z3). With that you get calls and texts to any network and 5gb of 3G Data (sorry if you want 4G)

Now this contract isn't advertised anywhere.

Even better the contract gives you the first 6 months for 24e per month if you're an eircom customer. Now I am not an Eircom customer, which we discussed in the shop and they were pretty clear they couldn't give me it. The first bill arrived today, lo and behold it's 24e. I don't know if it's a glitch or if they are breaking the rules, but they did the exact same thing for my gf.

Even on their website the best regular price SIM ONLY contract is 34e and doesn't come with the unlimited calls and texts. Over the course of 18 months this works out as cheaper (contract only) so all you're paying for is the 100e cost of the handset.

Now I am going to say this, I asked in one emobile store for this contract and they said it didn't exist. I went to another emobile store who did give it to me. But the girl at the counter seemed quite surprised, she needed to ask the guy next to her and her manager, but it all checked out. I don't want to get anyone in trouble, so if you want to know which branch I went to PM me.

Buying an M8 on adverts now will set you back 400e for a new one, so unless you can get 18 months of useage for less than 320e this contract saves you money, once you take time value of money into account it seems like a great deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

Literally just went with tesco for 30e a month, 200e for the z3 and 24 month 3g contract. Fml.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

14 day cooling off period, if you've not used the phone.

Or, if you can make it look sealed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

So they charge you only 24e instead of 39e for six months?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

14 day cooling off period, if you've not used the phone.

Or, if you can make it look sealed again.

14 day doesn't apply to mobile contracts unless the operator specifically offers it, AFAIR. 14 days only applies to distance selling/online purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

peaceboi wrote: »
    So they charge you only 24e instead of 39e for six months?

Seems that way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement