Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

• 03-12-2013 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Advertised on the radio this morning , dont think there is any subscription involved ,just sign up for the month.

Link

Subscribe

Good selection of football games available

, the Setanta package consists of

Setanta Ireland
    Setanta Sports 1
    BT Sports 1
    BT Sports 2
    ESPN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭derek2222_ie

Is the offer only available for sky customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Murt10

No joy for UPC users.

The link just refers you to the normal page. No special offers

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duffman21

seems like a no brainer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

You may need to cancel straight away if there is 30 days notice to be given

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

Good find..Just subscribed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

The fact that you will need at least 30 days cancellation notice means you will go into January … which in turn means you end up paying for that month. €16.99.
    Not a bad BA, but just something to bear in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

This is from their t&c's

Can I get Setanta Sports for just one month?

We offer our customers a minimum subscription term of two months and we won’t tie you in to a contract for a year. You may cancel your subscription any time after the first ten days of your initial subscription by providing us with 30 days notice which will take effect 30 days after your next billing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭stooge

"Please note: Minimum 2 month subscription applies. "

So that would be 1E + 19.99E = 20.99E for 2 months

10.49E per month

Better off just saying get Setanta half price for two months

But havent they tied themselves buy saying 'try for a month'

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

kaltz wrote: »
    This is from their t&c's

Can I get Setanta Sports for just one month?

We offer our customers a minimum subscription term of two months and we won’t tie you in to a contract for a year. You may cancel your subscription any time after the first ten days of your initial subscription by providing us with 30 days notice which will take effect 30 days after your next billing date.

I should have read that myself before posting the alert , but it is a bit misleading on the main subscription page that it doesnt mention any T&C or minimum contract , I might give them a call later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭stooge

Rooy wrote: »
    I should have read that myself before posting the alert , but it is a bit misleading on the main subscription page that it doesnt mention any T&C or minimum contract , I might give them a call later.

Let me know how you get on. If you can get it just for a month I'll sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

ffs what a typo to make on their site
    "Subscribe now and get the Setanta Sports Pack for €199 per year. That’s 10 months for the price of 12 and there’s no connection fee!"

Surely it's 12 months for the price of 10?

OK..Called Customer care as the signal hadnt come through for me. She said I need to call before January 1st and they will cancel it immediately.
    Can someone else call and verify this

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Perkins135

I was told the same thing.
    Wasn't the clearest or most helpful on the phone but at least somebody else called too so i'm gonna sign up.
    I wonder will be customer service lines be open on 31st December to take all the cancellation calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭cson

**** them anyway making it look like UPC are in on the offer. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭xabi

So if i call them today and sign up and call back to cancel on 29th December it costs €1 and not a cent more? correct?

That's the gist of what i got. Like I said. You know what these customer service people are like.

I think she said. The day you call to cancel it will cut off straight away. If you don't cancel by 31st December it will go automatically to a 2 month contract and you will have to pay the full price.

Feck i went to subscribe online and just remembered I have multiroom and 2 viewing card nos. Not at home so don't know which no. I have on my sky account online is which .. Do you think it would apply to both viewing cards or best to wait until I can check which card is which?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Perkins135 wrote: »
    I was told the same thing.
    Wasn't the clearest or most helpful on the phone but at least somebody else called too so i'm gonna sign up.
    I wonder will be customer service lines be open on 31st December to take all the cancellation calls?

Call them prior to Christmas and I imagine you still have the service till the 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

stooge wrote: »
    Let me know how you get on. If you can get it just for a month I'll sign up.

I would concur with the other people who rang , ring before end of month and cancel and you will only pay €1
    But sounds like if you dont cancel, you would then end up with a new 2 month min contract for from Jan 1 , and then tied into the next 2 months ,at least that is what I took from the call.

• Advertisement

I don't think so KN. I'm pretty sure she said, it will be cut off the day you call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭xabi

I also called and they confirmed that it will be cut-off while you're on the call to cancel, happy days, thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Just rang customer care a moment ago. Was told essentially what everyone else was. This would continue as a subscription package as normal. However if you ring anytime before the end of December, then they will cancel your subscription and cut off the channels there and then.

A very good deal. Will be handy for the huge UFC card at the end of the month at least. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Perkins135 wrote: »
    I don't think so KN. I'm pretty sure she said, it will be cut off the day you call.

How can they do that for an offer where you paid for the month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

It's actually well explained on the page after entering your viewing card number.

*Terms & Conditions of Offer: Customers must call 0818 203040 to cancel before 31st December or will be billed €19.99 from 1st January. This is a subscription service, there is no annual contract but 30 days’ notice of cancellation will be required after 1st January.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭A Law

Cheaper ta ring with this I'd say as well. http://www.saynoto1890.com/2013/02/s/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Cool, I'll sign up for the month so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Cheaper ta ring with this I'd say as well. http://www.saynoto1890.com/2013/02/s/

Surely the online form in the op is best?

• Company Representative Posts: 47 Verified rep Setanta Sports: Niall

Hi all,

Just to clear up a few questions on our €1 offer:

- This offer is only available for Sky satellite customers
    - If you wish to cancel, simply call us on 0818203040 before Dec 31st. We do not require 30 days cancellation notice for anyone availing of the €1 offer.
    - In the event of a cancellation, your subscription will be switched off immediately
    - If do not cancel before December 31st, you will be billed €19.99 for January and the subsequent months.
    - The offer is not available on multi-room

Below are the full terms and conditions.

*Terms & Conditions of Offer: Customers must call 0818 203040 to cancel before 31st December or will be billed €19.99 from 1st January. This is a subscription service, there is no annual contract but 30 days’ notice of cancellation will be required after 1st January. Offer available on satellite only. Offer does not apply to existing customers.

Click here to subscribe to the Setanta Sports Pack and avail of the €1 offer

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Niall

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Niall. Will the call centre be open on 31st December and will there be adequate staff to take a lot of calls?

Advertisement