Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

How reliable is Parcel Motel? Haven't used it before, heard lots about it though.

Ermahgerd 500 posts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How reliable is Parcel Motel? Haven't used it before, heard lots about it though.

Plenty of info in this thread> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698663

Shouldn't take to long to read it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Ordered! Not sure why but sure at that price you can't go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

TheTechGuy wrote: »

+1 to the above quote:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eboarde

meolwan wrote: »
    +1 to the above quote:confused:

+2

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Mine is in Newtownabbey according to the tracking so will probably get it today or tomorrow.

Mine too. Does parcelmotel forward on to Dublin that quickly? I haven't used them previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Ro-76 wrote: »
    Mine too. Does parcelmotel forward on to Dublin that quickly? I haven't used them previously.

Yeah PM are very quick, if its up the north now, you might get a message tonight or definitely first thing in the morning.

When mine was in Newtownabbey in the morning it was in my locker by 8pm that night, so hopefully it will be the same for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Snap mine is in NewtonAbbey as well.

Mine is now checked in at the Parcel Motel, so it should be en route this afternoon & hopefully have it this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Snap mine is in NewtonAbbey as well.

Mine is now checked in at the Parcel Motel, so it should be en route this afternoon & hopefully have it this evening.

So is mine, last week the truck must have been full of Tassimo machines and tonight it's full of NowTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Mine is with Parcel Motel ATM too. Going by past deliveries it usually comes a few hours after they get it. Usually late at night for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ChriisM

Have a feeling it might come tonight. Wonder if ill see anyone else pull one out at the Topaz near the KCR ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Ordered, looks good. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Its sitting snug in the local PM. Ill collect it later and give my first impressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭konline

I am waiting for mine for the past two days, Royal Mail Track and Trace says "We have been notified that your item is being shipped by the retailer; the next scan will appear when we receive this item." since 31st of July.
    Does any one know how long it will take?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

konline wrote: »
    I am waiting for mine for the past two days, Royal Mail Track and Trace says "We have been notified that your item is being shipped by the retailer; the next scan will appear when we receive this item." since 31st of July.
    Does any one know how long it will take?
    Thanks.

It will probably change today or tomorrow, I ordered mine last Friday at around 11 am and is only ready for collection today.

• Advertisement

So I got the box, nice little thing comes with an HDMI cable.

Setup was easy, it took a while to download some updates but NowTV worked fine with the expected 720p quality. The stream is starting quickly but I noticed some buffering once in a while.

Now for some reason I can't seam to find a way to change the DNS settings so that I can get iPlayer to work, has anybody found a way to do that on the box itself?

Nope there has been no way found unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

So I got the box, nice little thing comes with an HDMI cable.

Setup was easy, it took a while to download some updates but NowTV worked fine with the expected 720p quality. The stream is starting quickly but I noticed some buffering once in a while.

Now for some reason I can't seam to find a way to change the DNS settings so that I can get iPlayer to work, has anybody found a way to do that on the box itself?
    If you can, change the DNS settings on your router and all devices in your home will be able to access the other services (BBC iplayer, US Netflix etc) without having to change anything on the device. I recently got a cheap Netgear router ex Argos to this on my UPC broadband.

bromley52 wrote: »
    If you can, change the DNS settings on your router and all devices in your home will be able to access the other services (BBC iplayer, US Netflix etc) without having to change anything on the device. I recently got a cheap Netgear router ex Argos to this on my UPC broadband.

Yeah, for some reason I must be one of the only people in Ireland that does not have problems with the WiFi on the Cisco because mine is working quite well even for streaming HD Netflix so I really don't want to go down the road of setting up another router.

Well than the box is only for NowTV and Vevo but for 10£ plus 2.5£ for loads of movies still a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Collected mine earlier. Everything perfect in the box and setup was simple and quick. Downloaded a software update in 30 seconds and restart took another minute or so. Everything working perfect on the box itself.

Some handy channels in the Roku store too. I subscribed to the £15 deal and the movie selection is good. Everything running smoothly even downstairs where the wifi signal is bad.

Glad I picked one up now. Really well made hardware and the software is surprisingly great.

Gonna install plex later and add it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Does plex stream only from a plex server?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Ordered and on the way.

Hoping/praying someone figures out how to load Netflix//Hulu+. Either way I am happy to get my hands on this and see what it can do.

Does it have AV/analogue support? Will put in my parents room for their tractor of a TV

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JohnnyRoyal

TheTechGuy wrote: »

+3

Will give me something tinker with at least (love tinkering with electronics) Already have plex server on mac mini with Netflix Hulu , navi-x and ice films installed as video channels amongst others. So if you can install/sideload plex app on this for 10bucks should you not be able to access all your movies music and video channels from the server I.e. really the only app you need no? Can you sideload access the plex app without subscription though? Am looking into the VPN issue anyone with UPC got a good dns web service to recommend?

+3

Will give me something tinker with at least (love tinkering with electronics) Already have plex server on mac mini with Netflix Hulu , navi-x and ice films installed as video channels amongst others. So if you can install/sideload plex app on this for 10bucks should you not be able to access all your movies music and video channels from the server I.e. really the only app you need no? Can you sideload access the plex app without subscription though? Am looking into the VPN issue anyone with UPC got a good dns web service to recommend?

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I have plex set up on mine and it works pretty well with the server on my laptop and the media files on a NAS.

Regarding the DNS issue. I cant see a way to specify DNS on the device itself, but I did change the DNS on my UPS cisco router and now I can access iplayer. I use overplay.net smart DNS.

Advertisement