Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Faxing to GRO

• 17-07-2014 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one,

Anybody recommended an online site where I can email to fax so I can see off a request to the GRO?

Also, anybody know from experience how long it takes for the cert to be emailed back?

Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

http://faxzero.com/ will cost you 1.50

edit : I used PamFax in the past. It costs about 14c a page but you need to pay for 10e credit in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I don't know about a site to use but I sent one last Thursday and haven't got anything back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭dido2

www.hellofax.com gives you so many free pages, I use different email addresses to get the free pages!
    It normally takes about a week or so from faxing to getting the certs back via email...

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Alicat wrote: »
    I don't know about a site to use but I sent one last Thursday and haven't got anything back yet.

It usually takes less than a week, but I would not be surprised if they are much busier now that the new index info is available. I know I held off for a while waiting for the new website and I send some cert requests in last week, but have not recieved them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭dido2

I sent a fax 2 weeks ago this weekend and got them back on the wednesday so very fast, I sent off another fax last weekend and haven't gotten them back yet either so there must be a slow down with the release of the new records!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I sent one of on Tuesday and got a reply by email today. Very unexpected but delighted with it !

Advertisement