Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Im some fecking idiot,I didnt realise that after you do an event and you get mail you get coin and have to press take all,I missed out on a lot of coin id say :-(

Fairly sure you can't delete mail if it has attachments like that though, you should still have 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Im some fecking idiot,I didnt realise that after you do an event and you get mail you get coin and have to press take all,I missed out on a lot of coin id say :-(

You cant delete mail with attachments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Character name is (oddly enough) - Dave The Sheep

Could I get an invite to the guild? I'm not on Gunnar's hold yet - but will be shortly, going to transfer over since most of the Irish action is there...

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Hey guys,

Just been checking around some sites and stuff this morning and was looking at the CURRENT Server WvWvW Rankings.

In Europe, Gunnar's Hold is ranked 9th. That's a pretty strong position to be in ahead of some pretty highly populated and popular servers! Just thought I'd let everyone know! Would be great to get as many people as possible into CI so we can start effecting the WvWvW outcomes and get our names on the list.

Source: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Current-world-rankings

Nice info, that french server is insane lol. They steam roll everyone. Talk of them having lots of french canadians so they have as many zergs during night as day, but I think its just the offical server for serious PVP guilds french or not

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

humanji wrote: »
    Ah you get shag all coins from those. It'd add up to a couple of silver which you would make up quick enough by selling junk you've collected.

Ya but.............I'm still an idiot :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Character name is (oddly enough) - Dave The Sheep

Could I get an invite to the guild? I'm not on Gunnar's hold yet - but will be shortly, going to transfer over since most of the Irish action is there...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80751979#post80751979

post your user name here ^ and we'll do the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Couple of thoughts on the game so far:

1. PvE is pretty good. It's as varied as any PvE I've seen in an MMO, and it rarely gets boring. Or at least, too boring. It keeps the pace of levelling ticking over.

2. Graphics are excellent, the vista's you have to "collect" are a nice way to get them utilised. That notwithstanding, the characters (female human especially) are all ridiculously good looking and remind me a lot of Japanese anime characters with their dress. "Old woman npc" = "young woman npc + grey hair". Just all a bit samey after a while.

3. PvP (and by this I mean WvWvW, since I haven't played the rest). Bear in mind, I'm coming from a WAR background.

There's not really enough experience for killing other players. 50 maybe? And you don't always get it, if you don't contribute enough, which is a bit of a kicker considering how everyone has massive health reserves being bumped up to 80. I'd like a bit more personal enemy input ... as in when you kill them in a swirling melee, you should be notified explicitely - instead of having to click it yourself.

Open warbands (larger parties) would be handy. The Zerg could be nullified/utilised - depending on your viewpoint - a lot better that way. I shouldn't have to ask to join a party... should be a way to have open parties available for people to join and group up with. Rift and WAR both had good systems for this. GW2 could easily take that on board.

The lack of spawn points in WvWvW. I know you don't want people re-spawning really close by, but the trek back from the ONE single spawn point is a bit arduous. It really doesn't encourage risk taking. Rather you want to just stay with the zerg and not bother taking a chance you'll be nailed and not be in range for a res. I don't have a solution for this one, just that it needs to be looked at.

All in all though, I'm really enjoying this. Great craic, both PvE and PvP.

Have to say, went to the bother of getting 100% completion in the first two zones and the "Vista" things bring some of the most stunning visual displays I've seen. At one point I got a Vista in the castle in Queensdale, when a group event was nearby. There was enemy AI storming the castle as archers fired down on them, and catapults fired boulders over the gallleys, as the camera panned out to show the all the action and the massive city in the background.

I kinda had a "holy ****" moment. Pretty epic.

It is probably the slowest I've ever gone through an MMO, have to say havnt got the "bug" of sitting down to power through levels, but its enjoyable logging in for an hour or two the odd night and get some levelling done, I think I'm still anticipating MOP, and with any new MMO the thought of levelling all the way is still pretty sickening and isnt really removed from GW2.

But there is definitly a different and interesting dynamic alright that keeps players coming back.

It might be because I'm having a bit of "meh" with the Necromancer. They are billed as pretty much being controllers of undead pets, but in reality, the pets are horrible. They are weak as **** and die in two hits, and it ends up me just mashing buttons while strafing. The variety with the Necromancer is interesting. With a two hander I'm kinda like a support DPS. I have some CC traps, healing traps, a dot trap and one nuke spell. But its totally unusable during levelling, only swopping into it during group events, and even then it doesnt look to be too effective.

Using an axe mainly which gives me the most DPS capabilities, but even then, the abilities get repetitive really fast. There is no rotation as such, you just use whats off cooldowns, but I cant say its any way enjoyable or interesting. I find myself looking like a caster melee dps, having to get in close to do what is essentially animated undead sword slashes.

Might be I rolled the wrong class entirely, I thought I'd be firing spells while my pets tank, which is entirely not the case. And the billing that " A Necromancer has great surviveability" is also a bit folly, as while the HP regen from abilities is "ok" it in no way really mitigates any damage.

I've rolled a Warrior and an Elementist, as from the lads who are max level, these seemingly are really the only two classes worth playing, as everything else is miles behind in terms of balance.

I'm going to stick with the Necro for a few levels more, but can see myself moving over to a Warrior, or most probably, Elementist.

NCsoft has just announced that Guild Wars 2 has sold over two million units, from reopening sales of the game after its short hiatus from the official store.

REF : http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/774-guild-wars-2-sales-break-two-million-units/

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

The GW team came out with a post about the endgame, and why it's different.
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-endgame-reimagined/

Thought they were going to try and subtly say "playing through is the end game!", but they don't, really want to get to level 80 if it means I get to Orr and starting stomping undead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

3. PvP (and by this I mean WvWvW, since I haven't played the rest). Bear in mind, I'm coming from a WAR background.

There's not really enough experience for killing other players. 50 maybe? And you don't always get it, if you don't contribute enough, which is a bit of a kicker considering how everyone has massive health reserves being bumped up to 80. I'd like a bit more personal enemy input ... as in when you kill them in a swirling melee, you should be notified explicitely - instead of having to click it yourself.

I'd go a bit further than this.. The is essentially no reward at present for pvp, and hopefully this will addressed by future updates (the sooner the better). XP is pointless to a level 80..

At present the systems is akin to having mobs which drop nothing in pve.. Yes you have events, and yes you can kill the dragon, but if nothing ever dropped it gets old pretty quick..

A Realm Rank system (with purchaseable items/skills) similar to DAOC etc. would be simplistic enough to implement and solve the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Welease wrote: »
    I'd go a bit further than this.. The is essentially no reward at present for pvp, and hopefully this will addressed by future updates (the sooner the better). XP is pointless to a level 80..

At present the systems is akin to having mobs which drop nothing in pve.. Yes you have events, and yes you can kill the dragon, but if nothing ever dropped it gets old pretty quick..

A Realm Rank system (with purchaseable items/skills) similar to DAOC etc. would be simplistic enough to implement and solve the issue.

I would like to add that XP is not pointless for level 80s, Each level you gain after level 80 rewards you with an additional skillpoint which can be used to purchase various items for use in the mystic forge(The most expensive costing 200 skill points).

I would like to add that XP is not pointless for level 80s, Each level you gain after level 80 rewards you with an additional skillpoint which can be used to purchase various items for use in the mystic forge(The most expensive costing 200 skill points).

True actually, I will concede that there are some advantages to whats available, you are correct.

However they do fall well short of what the game could offer, and I would argue, well short of what the pve path does offer at that same level (in that they gain xp AND high level weapons/armor). It also falls short of what I would consider the better pvp games have offerred.

In the short term its not a colossal issue, but in the medium to longer term pvp players (like pve players) do want to have a reason to queue up and go out and play..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Welease wrote: »

I think they have to be very careful if they do that though. RR abilities need to be difficult to achieve and can't over too much of an advantage or else we will just have a situation of optimised Grps who play regularly being too overpowered in comparison to the average or casual player. For me the attraction is that I could jump into PvP every now and then as a casual player and still have some kind of chance versus a hardcore player/group. My days of hardcore gaming are over... I just don't have the time to dedicate to it but I still want to be able to compete.

It's a difficult situation for designer to balance but I do like the idea the progression in PvP is based more on titles or armour skins rather than abilities.

RR10 Grps in DAoC would and could blow away 3-4 Grps of RR6 and lower... And RR6 at shrouded isles time wasn't easy to get.. It was 1m rps and you needed to get them at the expense of quality Grps. If the good become too good the only way to combat it would be zerging which no one enjoys doing!

I know not a fix in anyway but for you folks hating the long trek back, I find joining a battleground that is not your own server is the best 'fix' for it.

As usually you will be fighting in the area of the map very near your spawn location in that zone, as its not your zone you usually dont have much captured that spread out. I find the best fights are picking an enemy battleground and the fights and sieges being the 2 or 3 camps really close to spawn point, at worst the castles at side which are still faster to get to from your spawn then your castle home.

Not sure that makes sense but I never find running back to fight that vexing on alien battlegrounds, and I do alot on my home as fight is usually miles away from the keep and just getting down the cliff levels is a pain in itself everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

TheDoc wrote: »
    It might be because I'm having a bit of "meh" with the Necromancer. They are billed as pretty much being controllers of undead pets, but in reality, the pets are horrible. They are weak as **** and die in two hits, and it ends up me just mashing buttons while strafing. The variety with the Necromancer is interesting. With a two hander I'm kinda like a support DPS. I have some CC traps, healing traps, a dot trap and one nuke spell. But its totally unusable during levelling, only swopping into it during group events, and even then it doesnt look to be too effective.

Im a 80 necro minion master, And the pet's are fairly squishy and semi useless till about lvl 50 when you can spec traits for pets +50% healt and 30% dmg, then they kick some ass, especially when you have the explode trait for when they die also specing for one full master skill in the traits and 30 other half way you can get the health and dmg buff to pets with siphon health to yourself and allies.

But yea the necro needs a lot of patching the pet ai is awfull and a of the traits and skill dont seem to work correctly.

Ow their survivability is great, you have a extra health bar when you jump into shadow form, which you can use when low on health say if your healing skill is on a cool down it usually covers the time for it to be used again, also you staff skills can Regen health ect i rarely die outside of a dungeon.

Playboy wrote: »
    I think they have to be very careful if they do that though. RR abilities need to be difficult to achieve and can't over too much of an advantage or else we will just have a situation of optimised Grps who play regularly being too overpowered in comparison to the average or casual player. For me the attraction is that I could jump into PvP every now and then as a casual player and still have some kind of chance versus a hardcore player/group. My days of hardcore gaming are over... I just don't have the time to dedicate to it but I still want to be able to compete.

It's a difficult situation for designer to balance but I do like the idea the progression in PvP is based more on titles or armour skins rather than abilities.

RR10 Grps in DAoC would and could blow away 3-4 Grps of RR6 and lower... And RR6 at shrouded isles time wasn't easy to get.. It was 1m rps and you needed to get them at the expense of quality Grps. If the good become too good the only way to combat it would be zerging which no one enjoys doing!

I agree but also disagree :) Like yourself I don't play a fraction of the time i used to play, but I still do like the RR structure and the fact that those who play more (or better.. as everyone know guys who were on all day long that were relative low RR due to being so poor) will earn more ranks, and essentially will be tougher to fight.. Thats the reward for playing a lot, I dont have an issue with that.

In pve I get rewards for playing a lot, although somewhat more unstructured in that my chance to pick up top level drops will considerably increase (although I do have limited knowledge of the forge etc. and how those items relate to top level equipment available through pve).

I'm not sure what the answer is at present, but for the folks I know who are primarily pvp'ers, there is little keeping them out there apart from it's relatively new.. Hopefully something more permanent will be developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

anyone having a serious hard time with the second part of the Morgan's Leap jump puzzle in caledon forest? ive been at it for hours and theres this one jump thats impossible :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

anyone having a serious hard time with the second part of the Morgan's Leap jump puzzle in caledon forest? ive been at it for hours and theres this one jump thats impossible :mad:

Youtube that ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1wSTOuzGsM

its the final part that they didnt do in that video thats the problem, its fricking impossible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Just a heads up. WvWvW is moving from Daily resets to weekly resets tonight. Things should get a lot more interesting now, looking forward to it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can someone tell me how to get the skill point on meremoot hill in the kessex hill area?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,821 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How many GB's is Guild wars 2 to download?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's a 14gb download i think. At least that's what my game folder is atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,821 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kiith wrote: »
    It's a 14gb download i think. At least that's what my game folder is atm.

lol holy ****

I dont want to think how long my 3mb broadband will take to download that :pac:

I cant think of any other shops in tipp besides gamestop clonmel (sold out) that has the game

argg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It will max out your connection, but yeah, it might take a while at 3mb.

its the final part that they didnt do in that video thats the problem, its fricking impossible

finally got the jumping puzzle after 2 days of trying :D one of the best moments ive had in a mmo tbh, great sense of achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 35 p1000

Can someone tell me how to get the skill point on meremoot hill in the kessex hill area?

I'm assuming you've got it by now but just in case, you go in a cave to the north of it and just follow it south.

The gw2cartographers site will tell you everything if you want to use it, it's a bit of a cheat though.

No havent gotten it yet :o:p

• Advertisement

14gb ain't even a big size for your average MMO these days :P

Also if yous are finding vistas and SP tricky to get to, wait till you do the metrica or lorners pass puzzles, oh loooord :D

Advertisement