Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Those amazing little food shops nobody knows about

• 29-07-2004 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭

A friend took me to a new "Eurasian food" shop that opened a few months ago in Galway, along the same street as Sally Long's, beside that glittery shop (Luv It?). 'Twas a tiny out of the way place up a flight of stairs, you certainly couldn't be blamed for not noticing before.

Good lord, but the food there was impressive. They had pot noodle things with real vegetables in there that taste like actual vegetables, not just something for a bit of colour. Huge jars of every sauce you could ever think to use, and a few you probably never heard of. Dried fish in a bag. Dozens of different types of noodle. Sugar blocks. Riceball desserts. Wasabi by the pound. All manner of herbs, leaves and roots. This shop cantained pretty much everything I've never eaten but always wanted to try. And it was right under my nose!

And dirt cheap, too. A fiver would get you a week's supply of noodles, a flavour for every day, with a nice dessert for the weekend.

I'm certainly going to shop there a lot, now I know it exists. Aren't these little shops just the greatest thing? Have you found any yourselves?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

yeah, there are some nice little food shops around the country...for me anyway it has to be the english market in cork, that place is such a dream, there is so much exotic and interesting things on offer..mmmm..wish i could go there now... :p ..i just have a real taste for unusual food..i just love having variety in my diet..i just cant stomach roast dinners or spag bol anymore because i'm so sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Sheridans Cheese Shop....mmmm.....Cheeeseeee

14-16 Churchyard St.
    Galway

Pembroke Lane
    Ballsbridge

South Anne St. D2

Advertisement