Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend shoes please

• 08-09-2014 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

My daughter has just started a job as a hotel receptionist in a very cool hotel. She's working an eight hour shift and is standing the whole time (apart from breaks). Her feet are killing her and she's looking for suitable shoes. Obviously a mid heel will help, but as she's 21 she'd like something that doesn't look like something her granny would wear. Can anyone recommend something stylish with support? I've already told her to change out of the shoes in runners for the walk home and to alternate with other heights when she's not working but any other advice gratefully accepted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

I work in a hotel and the dress code is not very strict with regard to footwear for the receptionists. They are behind a desk after all ;)

Would she not wear flats? Alternatively nice wedges are a good compromise. I find them easier to walk or stand in for extended periods of time but you still have the bit of height. Anything with a bit of a platform is definitely more comfortable, shoes with a strap across them for extra support and steer away from a thin stiletto.

Advertisement