Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THL phones

• 23-05-2013 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

My cousin recently bought one of these THL phones online (1080P screen 12MP back camera 16G dual sim slots 1GB RAM with microSD slot) and when I saw the price, I couldn't believe it. For around 220 euro, you get an Android 4.2 phone with specs nearly up there with the HTC One and Galaxy S4 (though it looks like it's mostly a stock Android with minimal customisations)

It seems like they ship from Singapore, a cover and screen protector are included as standard. I actually just ordered one of these for myself, should arrive in 1-2 weeks. Looks like the best value Android given the specs, what do you think lads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Looks almost too good to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Been looking at these type of phones recently, Zopo are doing one as well, the Zopo ZP980. The 2000mAh battery may not be the best for that 1920x1080 screen. I was looking at the Mobistel Cynus T5 too, its a 5 inch Quad Core as well and also with a 2000mAh battery, but with a 1280x720 screen which might allow a bit more battery life. May come round to the Mobistel again as I looked at the Nexus 4 too and realised it doesn't have an SD Card slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Is there any point to a 1080p screen in a phone!?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

Yeah, if battery life is a concern I'd say go with one that's 1280x720. But interestingly enough, they ship out 2 x 2000mAh batteries included with the phone for you, so I guess if one runs out of battery, you got a spare one handy :)

p.s. Not sure about the graphics chip on the ThL, but if these phones are all using the same chip, you might find games a bit choppy at 1920x1080 as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

The graphics use the same GPU as Galaxy S4 (PowerVR SGX 544MP).

Sounds like a contender alright so - would like to know how the battery life turns out, might keep waiting for another while

• Pfft, seems a tad expensive. :pac:
    Also comes with a much better battery.

Edit: You should also shop around before jumping at the first cheap 1080p smartphone you find.

Advertisement