Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Work Abroad

• 16-04-2007 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all, new user here,

I have a chance to get some dental work done and I am hearing different stories about getting them done abroad.(I live in Dublin).

Can anyone tell me their own story, or recommend somewhere to get this work done.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Slimbo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Remember that standard travel insurance does not cover travel for medical treatments, so you won't have any insurance cover in case of medical or other emergency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 failurebydesign

Hey, I had dental work in Hungary. The two dentists in the clinic I went to were very professional, have decent English and very good at their jobs. Its all very well planned, a driver picks you up at the airport and takes you to your hotel, straight after you check in the dentists will meet you and take you to the clinic for a consultation.

tibordental.com

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Slimbo

Thanks for the response.

Were the prices favourable compare to home, if so by how much?

Didx you spend much time there, did you have to visit more than once?

Thanks again

Slimbo wrote:
    Thanks for the response.

Were the prices favourable compare to home, if so by how much?

Didx you spend much time there, did you have to visit more than once?

Thanks again

I actually never got a quote in Ireland so I'm not sure how much I saved. I know that some of the people I met out there were saving between 4000-12000 though. If you set up a consultation with their Irish rep he'll be able to give you a ballpark figure. Prices are meant to be rising in the next year though - something to do with their new government so you should try and get it done fairly soon.

I spent 10 days out there but I was finished treatment in 5 days though. I think they like to keep you out there for an extra few days to make sure that theres no problems with eating and such. I only had to make one trip but if you need dental implants then you'll have to make 2 trips, 6 months apart. Do you have any idea what kind of work you need done?

The city is quite nice and food and stuff is very cheap although the people don't have alot of English. We met quite a few Irish people in our hotel who were also out getting dental work.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

sorry for jumping in on your answer with a question, but do you have their web site thanks

• Advertisement

dollyk wrote:
    sorry for jumping in on your answer with a question, but do you have their web site thanks

http://www.tibordental.com :)

Advertisement