Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens Shirt-looking for cloth

• 02-01-2010 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,
    Unusual request...I have a tailor in the Cork area who is willing to make hand made shirts. The problem is that I need to source the cloth myself. I am looking for medium/heavy cotton in white and/or blue.
    I have tried Hickys in Cork and a company called TWI in Dublin but to no avail !!!
    I didnt go to EBay because I thought that the shipping costs would be prohibitive from places such as Hong Kong etc wher I have no doubt one could buy the material.
    Any help or info would be gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Consider asking the folk in the Arts & Crafts forum. A lot of dressmakers over there that might be able to help out. If you want me to move this thread then just ask me.
    :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

http://sohosilks.co.uk/home1.php

This is my faviourite fabric shop, depending on how much material you are looking for they could be able to arrange shipping.

Expect to pay about €15 per yard for cotton or a mix and starting at €25 per yard for silk etc.

If you know anyone going to Paris at this time of the year, the area near the Sacre Coeur is full of fabric shops and it's only 10 mins on the metro from Gare De Nord.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 slinger99

Thanks a mill.I would be obliged if you would move the thread...I'm not that expierenced at the thread posting. Many thanks for your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 slinger99

Thanks wmpdd3,will send them an e-mail...I'm a big guy so I'm a bit worried about shipping cost/amount of material needed...many thanks again.
    ...Just looked at site...will ring them on Monday..will let you know how I get onn...thanks again.

Advertisement