Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Has anybody else just completely hit a brick wall? I'm completely wrecked. This better clear up by the time we get off I need those 2 weeks to work :/

Yup, I hit it hard :/ Tomorrow's a new day though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I don't know it's just weird the paper I can't always tell if I'm right or not . Or the question is really odd and there isn't a definite answer . I kind of like trigonometry the construction part I got grinds for maths but that was a few weeks ago I'm not sure if I can still do that part. My grind isn't doing sequences & series a week or two before the exam said I can pick it up easily.
    I get a bit confused on the circle question, I haven't really looked at paper 2 in a while though. Are the sequence and series formulas in the table book?

Yeah the circle question is pretty annoying and well we havent done much constructions so dont know how thats going to fare. Yeah seriously sequences and series is such a nice question!! With the sequences and series question,the formalas are in the log tables but even so sometimes they confuse me a bit(the questions that is).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 shanegorman

Ok not sure if this the right place for this but anyway!

Well today had a little break down about the work that had to be done. I want to do BESS in Trinity and need a minimum of 480 points, I got 460 in the mocks.

Just wondering is anyone else getting a bit frightened/fed up of what's to be done and whats ahead. Also does anyone know what points on average do people go up from their mocks if a consistent amount of work is done.

Hope someone can help! ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

David1994 wrote: »
    Yeah the circle question is pretty annoying and well we havent done much constructions so dont know how thats going to fare. Yeah seriously sequences and series is such a nice question!! With the sequences and series question,the formalas are in the log tables but even so sometimes they confuse me a bit(the questions that is).

I think only two types of constructions come up so it's not too bad. I want to learn sequences and series for paper 1 as I hate question 3 it's always really tough. I'll attempt project maths tomorrow and see how I do. I usually try and avoid doing paper 2 lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Yep, its first on my CAO :) I want to do French and maybe pick up Spanish - thought about German for a while because I'd love to speak it but it looks impossible :L What ones would you do?

French and either Spanish or Italian, I'd say Spanish is more practical but Italian is so pretty <3

• Advertisement

I think only two types of constructions come up so it's not too bad. I want to learn sequences and series for paper 1 as I hate question 3 it's always really tough. I'll attempt project maths tomorrow and see how I do. I usually try and avoid doing paper 2 lol.

Same I literally do no paper 2's except in class!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

Wesc. wrote: »
    SlyBacon93 wrote: »
    Unlucky man, maybe next year.... Actually I can't say much I support arsenal

What's wrong with Arsenal? :P They're one of the few teams who haven't spent loads (unlike those scumbags) to get where they are which is a respectable 3rd! But yeah with a decent centre mid next season and less injuries (which I'm sure you're used to too!) I think united have every chance! :D
    It's all well and good being third but it gets frustrating as a fan when you see your team no longer being title contenders, especially after so much we've achieved in the past. In city's defence they have played relatively well all season and high quality players do come at a price so I'm not unhappy to see them lift the title. Besides seeing united winning the league year after year was getting a little boring ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

It's all well and good being third but it gets frustrating as a fan when you see your team no longer being title contenders, especially after so much we've achieved in the past. In city's defence they have played relatively well all season and high quality players do come at a price so I'm not unhappy to see them lift the title. Besides seeing united winning the league year after year was getting a little boring ;)

Pfft imagine hoe Liverpool fans feel :p

Yep, its first on my CAO :) I want to do French and maybe pick up Spanish - thought about German for a while because I'd love to speak it but it looks impossible :L What ones would you do?

Pienso que el español es la lengua más hermosa del mundo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Si senor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

David1994 wrote: »
    Pienso que el español es la lengua más hermosa del mundo :D
    I have no idea what that means but if I'd to hazard a guess I'd say
    Pienso = I think
    que el espanol = that spanish
    es la lengua = is the language
    mas hermosa = most beautiful
    del mundo = of/in the world

Checked with google and it seems I'm 100% accurate. This is a fine demonstration of why I should have done all languages :P
    Namlub wrote: »
    French and either Spanish or Italian, I'd say Spanish is more practical but Italian is so pretty <3
    Omg my thoughts exactly, Spanish students have ruined the language for me but Italian is <3

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

Pfft imagine hoe Liverpool fans feel :p
    Bring back benitez and the'll be grand :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Just did four hours of French, et je suis totalement épuisé. I know it sounds really gay but I'm really looking forward to heading to the gym tomorrow, such a good way to relieve tension and relax strangely enough!

I have no idea what that means but if I'd to hazard a guess I'd say
    Pienso = I think
    que el espanol = that spanish
    es la lengua = is the language
    mas hermosa = most beautiful
    del mundo = of/in the world

Checked with google and it seems I'm 100% accurate. This is a fine demonstration of why I should have done all languages :P

Perfecto :D

Staying home to study this week :)
    I'm not wasting anymore time and I'm not going to go in early just going for english I might go to maths but the classes are so far apart. I could just go in for maths go home then go back for english. I don't have english or maths tomorrow so home all day :).
    I'll still wake up early hopefully. I might go library if I find it hard to study at home but I reckon I'll be okay I prefer studying alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

did about 3 good hours of study today and i'm pretty proud of myself :)
    LC come at me bro :cool:
    Shame I'm neglecting half my subjects but meh.. be grand :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Im gonna finish these poetry essays tonight even if it kills me! Shame I didn't have this motivation earlier in the day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

WHY THE FUÇK AMN'T I MOTIVATED YET, EVEN ALL OF YE ARE MOTIVATED AT THIS STAGE! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

After school ends on the 23rd, I'mma head to the local liabary to do at least 6 hours a day to catch up

MOTIVATION

WHY THE FUÇK AMN'T I MOTIVATED YET, EVEN ALL OF YE ARE MOTIVATED AT THIS STAGE! :(:(

Seriously Coeur just start by doing a subject you like then just try and build it up.Even do exam questions and look up the answers if you dont know them!
    Just tell yourself this is it-Now or never!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I'm not. :P I'll study later...possibly. I think I failed a test for the first time in my life today, that's not good less than a month before the leaving cert :L

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Had extra maths today, we did that question with the guy looking at the roof and finding the range of roof areas. Oh god it was horrible. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Can't study, won't study.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Don't worry, this whole LC thing still hasn't sunk in for me yet either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I had a good weekend of craic, I think I'm ready now to settle down and get to it.
    Though I've told myself that before:o

I'm only more motivated as last year I wasn't motivated enough I really want my first choice university plus there's more pressure the 2nd time as you really don't want to repeat a 3rd time.

Just keep thinking about the goal to get into the university to want and think that everytime you're studying you're getting closer to that goal :).

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Was anybody else here not able to do their music practical in April? They are meant to me next week but I still haven't heard what day :( Stressing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Going to try my hand at a comparative essay.
    Any tips for General Vision and Viewpoint?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Well instead of making a new thread I think I'll post here to disrupt the off topicness :pac:

Can any one doing business who absolutely hates it tell me what the worst thing about it and why you hate it ?I may be forced to do it next year because of timetable restrictions.I don't mind JC business but I find some it repetitive.

• Advertisement

paddyzk wrote: »
    Well instead of making a new thread I think I'll post here to disrupt the off topicness :pac:

Can any one doing business who absolutely hates it tell me what the worst thing about it and why you hate it ?I may be forced to do it next year because of timetable restrictions.I don't mind JC business but I find some it repetitive.

AHH! A Junior Cert student!! Quick lads run we've been found out :P

Just kidding though I just hated Business with a passion :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement