Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Problem with Philips Freevents

• 22-11-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

ANy help on this would be great. Started up my laptop today and it booted up as noramal. Just as I was about to open IE, the screen went blank and the fan went up to full power. So I held the power buttin down for 7 seconds (to shut it down) but now every time I turn it on - nothing happens but the fan just comes on full blast. The HD light flashed for a couple of second but the screen doesn't work and the ketboard doesnt respond ( I pressed the caps lock button to see if the indicator light would come on ).

Any ideas - Is it fcuked? It's only a little over a year old - and I've had no probelms with it so far.

FYI - Philips Freevents X57 - Win Vista Ultimate - 2G of Ram. - NVidia Geforece go7400 - Intel Core2 DUo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Anybody? ANy ideas? If not, where's the best place to bring it to get fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

OK fixed it. Took the back off and refooted the RAm. SEEms to have solved the problem. Thanks for all your help !!:rolleyes:

Advertisement