Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

whats your favourite beer brand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,239 ✭✭✭✭fits

Guinness, Spaten, Budvar, Staropramen, Berliner Kindl.

Actually Berliner Kindl could be my fave.

I effin hate Budweiser and Heineken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

fits wrote: »
    I effin hate Budweiser and Heineken.

and spelling too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

Guinness or Speights

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Can't beat a good pint of Arthur's if I'm out for a few.

The Chimay's if I'm at home.

DesF wrote: »
    It's not the nicest ale available, that would be MacArdles, but Smithwicks is alright. I sometimes get it with a guinness head.

A lot of pubs will just stick a MacArdles on a Smithwicks tap or visa-versa if they run out. I'd love to do a taste test on those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,239 ✭✭✭✭fits

ShayK1 wrote: »
    and spelling too?

Yes, down with that sort of thing....

:confused:

• Advertisement

fits wrote: »
    Yes, down with that sort of thing....

:confused:

Careful now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 steviestarlet

Phuket Lager Beer....one of the best "Pilsner" type beers i've tasted in a long, long time. Apparently its Thailand's only award winning beer....beating the pants of the headache inducing Singha and Chang...but apart from the Thai restaurants in Dublin and Cork, i cant find this beer anywhere. Help anyone?????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭patrickc

heineken ftw....

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

A nice cold bottle of Stella is heavenly. And the fact it's cheap in the supermarkets helps!! :D

When I'm out, a good pint of carlsberg in its own glass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭James Bong 79

undoubtedly guinness in a plain or guinness glass. but out of a can it has to be the famous dutch gold....

• Advertisement

a good pint of carlsberg in its own glass :)

I hate it when my beer has to share a glass.......????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Good old Dutchy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Paulaner, Schneider Heffe Weiss or Maisels Weiss

Pretty much any decent German beer, I am quite happy to pay for decent beer

FTW!

Although I prefered Maisels Dunkel beer. :)

I'll usually have a pint of Guinness though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Guinness is my poison, love the stuff.

Also Murphys if the mood strikes me.

I like vodka although we are fighting at the moment because it made me throw up.
    Same with Whiskey. I had it first last friday night and that was after 15 hours without food and I gawked!!! Not fun!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

guinness, spaten, maisels weiss, paulaner

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Castle, Duvel, Kwak (needs its glass), Paulaner, Erdinger, Leffe, Carlsberg..

I'm not fussy except Guinness and the unmentionables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

A lot of pubs will just stick a MacArdles on a Smithwicks tap or visa-versa if they run out. I'd love to do a taste test on those two.
    MacA's on tap?

Wow, where do you live, I've never seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

DesF wrote: »
    MacA's on tap?

Wow, where do you live, I've never seen it.

I'm guessing Dundalk. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Number 1 Choice would be Beamish. But it can be hard to get a decent pint of it. Especially since I've moved back out the sticks.

Number 2 would be Guinness.

If it's a hot day after a match and I'm only having one or two I might a Lager. Whatever they have, they're fairly all the same to me. Anything except Bud. That's shockin pish.

One thing I love about the UK is getting the likes of John Smiths on tap. I could drink that stuff 'till it comes out my ears. It's great stuff if you're on the beer for the day on a Stag or something as it's so easy to drink.

With 2 young kids most of my drinking is at home these days. That's cans of draught Beamish for the winter and various Lagers in the Summer. I'll usually pick up 2 or 3 bottles each of 2 or 3 different types of imported lagers. Then the next time I go, I never remember the names of the one I liked last time, so it's another lucky dip. The only one that sticks out in my mind was Brahma, the Brazilian one that some else mentioned earlier on. Christ on a bike t'was shockin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RSHC

In the pub: Heineken!
    Out of the can: Coors light!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭kev_s88

in the pub: Carlsberg

at home: Sol.....only had this last night for the first time and damn is it a nice beer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Chimay bleu, grimbergen double, westmallen triple, leffe blonde, duvel etc. etc. whatevers in the fridge usually.

In Ireland, Guinness of course!

Heineken, budweiser, miller, and all those are watery muck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I like bud light mmmmmmmmmmmmmm tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I like most beers with the notable exception of Bud and Lite (sic) beers. Those are against nature.

In the local I will usually have a Carlsberg. When abroad I will always sample the local beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Keyti

I like Polish Lech and Czech Gambrinus. From Irish - I like Bass, Smithwicks, Guinness stout.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

RSHC wrote: »
    Out of the can: Coors light!:p
    Rob_l wrote: »
    I like bud light mmmmmmmmmmmmmm tasty

I don't care if you're joking lads, the door's that way
    >

Keyti wrote: »
    I like Polish Lech and Czech Gambrinus. From Irish - I like Bass, Smithwicks, Guinness stout.

Can you get Gambrinus here? Please say yes...please say yes...please say yes...please say yes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BetsyGray

Thats a gift of a question to answer. Harp Lager first and foremost. Followed swiftly by Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Good to see the Aussie beers getting a mention here. My current faves are Cascade Premium and Coopers Pale.

Have to say I don't mind Vic(ious) Bitter either although Melbourne Bitter is a far superior drop.

I'd have the occasional Erdinger when I'm out but at $9 a pint, it's pricey compared to all the locals.

Back home it was always Guinness or Carlsberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

Picked up a few bottles of Asahi, Japanese Beer, the other night mighty fine brew, would recommend it.
    :)

713305.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

Here in Ireland it's Guinness for me. Back in Holland i always had Grolsch.

Advertisement