Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

poor dip headlights on 07 vw passat

• 20-11-2011 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

The dip beams on my passat (baseline model) are extremely poor, I tried upgrading the bulbs aligned and focussed the lights which all made no difference at all. I recently brought it to a local mechanic who measured the "light density" which he said registered at 1 out of a possible scale of 1 to 7. Long story is, he said the lights need to replaced, according to him to put in the 2 new light fittings, the whole front bumper must come off the car to get access. This is going to be expensive to say the least, anyone else out there with 07 baseline model passat with similar problems? Is it just the lens that need replacing? Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I have a 08 highline and i have the same problem. I am getting a good aftermarket xenon kit soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ive driven an 08 passat. Typical poor lights but not so bad that you would say there was a fault with them that required new headlights.
    German car lights generally suck IMO. Ive got xenons in my audi and they are not brilliant lights either.

mickdw wrote: »
    Ive driven an 08 passat. Typical poor lights but not so bad that you would say there was a fault with them that required new headlights.

I forgot to say actually I had a 07 passat and it had fantastic lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I have a 08 highline and i have the same problem. I am getting a good aftermarket xenon kit soon.

Linky! :D

MugMugs wrote: »

I forget the website but chuck norris knows it. They are not the chinese e bay junk..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

One bulb died on me so I popped in a pair of nightbreakers in my 03 Passat yesterday, so far it's like 20% better
    25 euro and not much hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

I have a 03 VW Passat and the lights are crap. Upgraded the dips to Zeon and that improved things but when you switch to main beams you can see no difference. My wife has a 04 VW Touran and the lights are fantastic. It seems to be an age old problem with the Passat. All ideas welcome. Be careful though Zeon may not solve the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 toots1975

Thanks for that, just don't want to fork out cash unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mercedeslimos

I have a 2006 Passat and while not woeful, they are bad.

Advice to people putting in a Xenon/HID kit, you need to make changes to the coding of the Central Electrics Control Module, or the car will fry your HID kit after about 6 months. I installed mine without checking, and within 5 months both bulbs had blown from too much unregulated power.

Stuck in the original halogens and back to crap output. The HID dims are almost comparable to the full beams on standard halogen.

Good thing i have another HID kit on order then...

But also on another note, I am in the middle of collecting parts to retrofit the OEM factory Bi-Xenons with the cornering lights, self-levelling and headlight washers. If you be canny about it, could have the whole thing fitted for under a grand. And it will also be 100% legal, when the new NCT rules come in about no aftermarket HID kits (Just like the UK from January 2012)

Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭vectra

MugMugs wrote: »
    -Corkie- wrote: »
    I forget the website but chuck norris knows it. They are not the chinese e bay junk..

These are the ones I bought last January
    Not a problem with them and super light from them
    Go for the 4300k
    I have 5000k and while they are bright they are not as white as I would like them
    H7 HID Kit

• Advertisement
Advertisement