Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Shall be in attendance on Wednesday... MIC has my devoted attention tonight I'm afraid (don't judge me... I love reality trash tv :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Just off the phone with the NLT there and tonight's quiz is going ahead - see yous there soon!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Alas, I've got two articles to finish. LAME! Enjoy the quiz, I'll be there next week for sure!

Anyone planning on heading to the quiz tonight?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yeah, I'd say myself and Jack B. Badd will be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Yeah I'll be there (if its on)

I'll try be there :)

I'm not coming along tonight :(

I hate laming out on ye two weeks in a row, but it's a combination of various factors - i have lots of work because I've been away, my editor is on holidays and I didn't factor into my timing an forgotten-about interview tomorrow that I have to travel to and which we probably won't end up using in the magazine anyway. Gah!

Also I'm knackered and had no weekend this week (cue the violins...)

And I won't even be at the Christmas beers! *shakes fist again*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Fishie wrote: »
    I'm not coming along tonight :(

I hate laming out on ye two weeks in a row, but it's a combination of various factors - i have lots of work because I've been away, my editor is on holidays and I didn't factor into my timing an forgotten-about interview tomorrow that I have to travel to and which we probably won't end up using in the magazine anyway. Gah!

Also I'm knackered and had no weekend this week (cue the violins...)

And I won't even be at the Christmas beers! *shakes fist again*

You shall be missed on both occasions missus :(

Anyone for tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

If there are a few more takers I'll go :)

Anyone up for the quiz this evening?

Yep, I'll be there. It's the first of the Christmas specials!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Might give it a miss tonight. I'm knackered :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Think I'll have to skip this week too :( feeling a bit dodgy and hoping I haven't caught some stomach bug as I'm off to visit family this weekend.

Ah here, am I quizzing or not? Bit drunk
    And carrying a fish

Hi guys, Im dying tonight from a head cold so going to give it a miss. Good luck if you're still going!

We won best team name!

We won best team name!

What team name did ye use?

Fysh wrote: »
    What team name did ye use?
    'Will this be George Michael's Last Christmas?' :D

Here is the quotation of the evening for those of you that missed it... One of the quiz answers was 'Do They Know It's Christmas' by Band Aid, and an Irish girl on another team goes: "Band Aid? Sure that's a fcukin plaster!"

• Advertisement

Good effort by all, but alas, the Salmon of Knowledge didn't help us win. :D

Great Christmas quiz though, can't wait for next week. There'll be a prize for most Christmassy jumper too!

Who is quizzing tomorrow? Don't forget about the Christmas jumper prize - I'm about to start customising mine, it will be wonderfully hideous when I'm finished :D

I can't make this week as I'm visiting family in southern Spain :P good luck to ye though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I'll pop along I think... It's that or spend the evening talking to the cat.

Is there one on the 19th as well or did someone mention that it wasn't happening?

Who is quizzing tomorrow? Don't forget about the Christmas jumper prize - I'm about to start customising mine, it will be wonderfully hideous when I'm finished :D

Mine is all done, took ages but very happy with it :D
    Fysh wrote: »
    I can't make this week as I'm visiting family in southern Spain :P good luck to ye though!

Have a fab Christmas since I won't see you this side of it :)
    I'll pop along I think... It's that or spend the evening talking to the cat.

Is there one on the 19th as well or did someone mention that it wasn't happening?

Do, it was great last week and is Christmas themed again this week. I don't think there's one on the 19th, quizmaster mentioned something about heading back up North.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

I'll be there tomorrow - and I'll bring my mate from Dublin who's over visiting. He recently dominated the Trinity College Rifle Club table quiz so he should be an asset to the team.

Don't really have a Christmas jumper, I take it it isn't a requirement??

Don't really have a Christmas jumper, I take it it isn't a requirement??

I think he said that anyone without a Christmas jumper will be forced to wear one with Jedward on the front… I may have heard wrong though

I think he said that anyone without a Christmas jumper will be forced to wear one with Jedward on the front… I may have heard wrong though

Alright, I'll pin some tinsel to mine :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ah no I’m only messing! :D There isn’t a penalty, just there is a prize for the best one. This gives us a chance to excel in a new area, now that we’ve won the quiz and best team name, though probably it’ll just be me and Shirley in our festive gear :o

Advertisement