Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What JRPG are you currently playing?

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 zagaluke

Just finished breath of fire III on the PS1! has to be one of my favourite games out there, after ff9 and ff12.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The original was meant to be chock full of fan service and not a great game but apparently this one has been given a massive overhaul and if it's anything like Gusts remakes of the PS3 atelier games it could be good. I'd look out for reviews of it first. The guy from USGamer/Moegamer loves the series so they might not give an unbiased opinion if he is the one reviewing.

Took the plunge and got it,enjoying it so far,lots of grinding though.

zagaluke wrote: »
    Just finished breath of fire III on the PS1! has to be one of my favourite games out there, after ff9 and ff12.

Ff9 is a favourite of mine, I never liked the breath of fire games tbh though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Breath of fire was near legend of dragoon levels of bad, the second game is good but has an appalling translation. 3 is pretty good and 4 is a classic. Dragon Quarter is weird. Once you get over the fact you need to play it multiple times its one of the best RPGs ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭megaten

Dragon Quarter is great but I fully admit I never would have been bothered to beat it without cheats.
    UDON are putting out a Breath of Fire artbook in a few months and I'll be getting it purely for the dragon quarter art.
    The aesthetic and atmosphere in the game are beautiful. I think it would do quite well as an download release if it was ported to current consoles since there's much more appetite for permadeath these days.

Advertisement