Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest on REFIT tariffs ?

Options
  • 19-03-2015 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anybody point me in the direction of where I could find the latest prices and policy on REFIT tariffs for small micro-generation.

We have a commercial operation in the Midlands and are looking at solar and/or micro wind generation on site (isolated site so no issues with neighbours).

I've checked the SEAI site but it seems to be all over the shop at the moment. We are in the process of pricing stuff up for installation, we will probably be producing excess and want to get a rough idea of tariffs etc if any are available, or do we just dump excess into the grid. We can't go off grid completley.

I'll be ringing the SEAI in the next week or two, but I wouldn't mind doing a bit of research and reading in advance.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

There's no REFIt for microgeneration at the minute. I don't expect anything in the White Paper in September either.

Electric Ireland pay for the export of electricity to the grid by domestic customers but I don't know of anything for microgeneration for commerial customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

I think they've stopped paying for domestic recently

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Yes, the scheme was closed to new customers as of 31/12/2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭freddyuk

Got my ESB/IE credit today which is way more than one bill but they still have the rest of the credit for 2 months unless I claim it back. Maybe if more had signed up it would have been kept going not scrapped.
    So I am happy my bills are going down as usage is 8 units per day down from average 13 before I installed PV. (and we still have the oven).
    Not much longer before I lose this "deal" and have to give all surplus production back to the grid system for free. However new on site water heating system will ensure I get maximum benefit from my investment and only the power I cannot use/store will be returned to the grid for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

Commercial customers never had a REFIT. If you are looking at a large system, you can still negotiate a price with the various utilities, but it would be much lower than the 9c that had been on offer.

Some installations are using products like IMMERSUN to dump their surplus production into water heating - at least on a domestic level. If you have some discretionary loads, like heating, that are required, then that can be used to reduce or eliminate your surplus. That could work well with heating for example off your wind, but it would only be displacing the cost of oil or gas, which is a lot cheaper per kwhr than electricity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement