Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What happened to?....Curiousity

• 07-07-2013 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Have you ever wondered what happened to some one you used to know
    possibly a girlfriend/ boyfriend or a school friend or best mate who for whatever
    reason you have lost touch with. Would you like to know how they are getting on or would you let the past alone. Or what if...........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Facebook dude..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I had a cat called Curiosity.

One day I came back from work and ran over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

I had a car called Curiosity.

One day I came back from work and ran over the cat.

FYP :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭De Bellem

I think that situation leaves little to wonder about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

On a serious note.

How do you find someone who is not on facebook and moved address ? I do a bit of voluntary work and one of the things we do to lend medical equipment or pay for rental of same equipment. One particular person has not returned a piece of equipment, and the company we rented for is coming after us for the full price which is a few grand.

Any ideas would be really welcome as am totally at a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

cassid wrote: »
    On a serious note.

How do you find someone who is not on facebook and moved address ? I do a bit of voluntary work and one of the things we do to lend medical equipment or pay for rental of same equipment. One particular person has not returned a piece of equipment, and the company we rented for is coming after us for the full price which is a few grand.

Smoke signals maybe? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

On a serious note.

Register of voters?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,496 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

On a serious note.

First, you kidnap their family. Make a ransom video, demanding the return of the equipment and post it on facebook.

Oh, they're not on facebook? Sorry, you're screwed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

It had an extra u stuck into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Report it stolen to the gardai? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

I like the sound of kidnapping, but would just be this person we helped and screwed us over.

The Gardaí will probably be next, just wanted to avoid all that hassle, the person resides in a different part of the country.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Get Liam Neeson on that. He'll sort you out, like in that film.

Failing that, Gardaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I like the sound of kidnapping, but would just be this person we helped and screwed us over.

The Gardaí will probably be next, just wanted to avoid all that hassle, the person resides in a different part of the country.
    entropi wrote: »
    Get Liam Neeson on that. He'll sort you out, like in that film.

Failing that, Gardaí.

I know who you are. I know what you want. If you are looking to steal from us, I can tell you it's borrowed from someone else. But what I have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you give me back my piece of equipment, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭leewarden

One evening I was at a function, saw a girl i had a serious crush on years ago. I couldn't sleep or eat for thinking of this girl but she was with my best mate so it could never happen. She moved away saw her now 20 years later.....not a pretty sight.
    Then again age has not improved me either.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

There was this girl I was mad after in high school. I fancied her for years but everyone else said she was weird looking and slagged me over it. Then one night I actually got to shift her and it was probably the highlight of my life up to that point. She was never really interested in me though and nothing else came of it and I finished school shortly after that and never saw her again.
    Until I opened the paper there last year and now she's a fuckin model.
    Take that, everybody in St Joseph's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

this thread smells of stalking.. Go on.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

On a serious note.

A good deed never goes unpunished.

Do you have any details from them ?
    Did they sign anything ( please say yes )
    Associates / family / previous addresses ?

They must have a PRSI number and be on the HSE records ?

Do they need a specific medication that you could ask around pharmacies / doctors , leave notes / reminders for them to give it back because it's unlikely they or the HSE can give out personal data

Perhaps they are known to the Guards ?
    Let's face it you could report them to Guards for breach of contract etc.
    assuming you had them sign something

Yes it could be an honest mistake, but one person doing something like this could break a charity. Any chance any of the other people you help out might have clues / contacts, esp. if you casually mention that you can't continue after this.

AH answer,
    they've already sold it to pay for their next hit.

they've already sold it to pay for their next hit.

You should've just left it as that... never mind all the other text.

That was beautiful in itself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Nemeses wrote: »
    this thread smells of stalking.. Go on.....

Sorry, I was lurking :p

• Advertisement

LizT wrote: »
    Sorry, I was lurking :p

No need to apologise... Plenty of room here for the two of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DeeDee89

goz83 wrote: »
    Report it stolen to the gardai? :confused::confused::confused:

Haha brilliant!!

Advertisement