Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are you going to the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil? Mind your head!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

I can't see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

They thought the same about South Africa 2010 how people would be kidnapped etc and I cant think of anything out of the ordinary that happened there?

Policing will be top notch I cant see any beheadings of fans heads over there next summer

cant see any beheadings of fans heads

What about referees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

It's a good job Alex Ferguson retired because I can see Howard Webb getting decapitated for being partial towards Ferguson's men.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

This is why they need to bring in video refs. 20 year old referee with a knife? You can't write this stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Who won the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

When is someone going to post that they won't be heading there?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Frank Garrett, Rick Moore and Fred Herbert all played. Bailbonsh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

zom wrote: »
    Referee 'BEHEADED after stabbing footballer on the pitch' in a Brazilian amateur match (quite brutal action):

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/referee-reportedly-beheaded-after-stabbing-2031749

I found some afoul photos on internet, wouldn't go for this World Cup even if one pays me...

I spent a few days in Brazil. Watched an amateur game one afternoon.

No one got beheaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

zom wrote: »
    Referee 'BEHEADED after stabbing footballer on the pitch' in a Brazilian amateur match (quite brutal action):

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/referee-reportedly-beheaded-after-stabbing-2031749

I found some afoul photos on internet, wouldn't go for this World Cup even if one pays me...

They'll miss you I'm sure.

• Advertisement

I am pie wrote: »
    They'll miss you I'm sure.

I wont miss them...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Key words here being ''amateur football match''. Some referee he was in a T-shirt and jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Key words here being ''amateur football match''. Some referee he was in a T-shirt and jeans.

Jeez they're not prepared at all for the world cup, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

second captains reported on some fella refereeing an u-12 match from his car on the sideline. beeped his horn for a free and indicated the direction the free went. makes for a quick getaway too if things get schnary.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-23215676

Totally shocked to hear of this in the news
    Football spectators in northern Brazil decapitated a referee after he fatally stabbed a player for refusing to leave the pitch, officials say.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

Orite, no wonder why I couldn't find this thread

Advertisement