Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My cabinet project (sorry about the delay)

• 08-10-2006 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭

In a thread a few months back somebody posted a link to musicstore selling Celestion G12's for E30 each (now they are about E120 - E140?). Im not sure if anyone else bought some, but I bought 4 and set about building two 2X12" cabs. The result is in the pics below.

Ive been gigging with these for a while now and never got picture up. My bad.
    I had pictures of the entire building process, step by step, but my dad erased the memory card on the camera (his camera to be fair).

These sound ****ing awesome. I had a 2x12" combo in my Marshall 275 that sounded cack compared to these. I now have a 120W Laney top to power them (not pictured) that sounds great.

I went for an open backed version purely because it was easier to build, but I have to say Im delighted with the sound quality.

The total cost by the way...
    Speakers = E120 (total)
    Carpeting, glue, handles, corners = E40

I had all the wood in my basement so no cost there. Great to have built my own cabs that I gig with :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Paladin wrote:
    I had pictures of the entire building process, step by step, but my dad erased the memory card on the camera (his camera to be fair).
    Heres a step by step from another guy, i presume fairly similar:-
    http://www.dafguitars.com/pages/212cab.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Wow! That is so bloody cool... Street-cred-o-rama.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

They look really good. Fantastic for the same price as Harley Benton 4x12's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They look ****ing great, well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

they need a badge!
    why not put your name/design on the front !!??!!
    seriously you should be proud of these,stick your name to em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

feylya wrote:
    They look really good. Fantastic for the same price as Harley Benton 4x12's!
    No comparison soundwise though. The Celestion G12's are just fantastic.

Thought about a badge alright, but dunno what Id do or how Id do it without it being tacky.

The main thing is this is the price of marshalls version of the same cabinet:
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/marshall_mr1936_stereo_box.htm
    E459 per cabinet!
    Thats E918 for 2 marshall built 2x12 G12 Celestion cabinets.

Muahahahaha. Just have to build my own amplifier now (well, build a 2nd one thats more than 15Watts and has a pre-amp).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Build you own amp... http://www.ampmaker.com/index.asp

They're real nice Paladin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Quattroste wrote:
    Planning on designing it too...
    *Really* unique sound :)

Advertisement