Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coombe Hospital Public Charges

Options
  • 31-08-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Just wondering those of you that are public in The Coombe, is it €75 a night or not?Just checking as it's not been mentioned to me at all in hospital and it was a family member that told me to check as she thought there was a charge. Due in 2 weeks so just want to get everything sorted!:)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

If you are public there is no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

€75 a night is the public hospital nightly charge, if you have a medical card you are exempt. It is capped at €750 a family for the year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Maternity services are exempt from this charge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

You learn something new everyday! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Public maternity care in Ireland is completely free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Beats me why people pay for it. We are public in coombe also and happy with the care provided. Due in 6 weeks

Advertisement