Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October 2013 Babies Club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Laois_Man wrote: »

We came home from our scan bouncing on the 21st with the scan showing a tiny bean inside the sac, although it was still measuring a couple of weeks behind where it should have been. We got an appointment to go back on March 4th where we were expecting to see the heartbeat. Unfortunately, everything has gone wrong since and this morning there was a miscarriage - so it's been a sad day for us.

But thank you so much for your kind thoughts.

Hugs to ye both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

We came home from our scan bouncing on the 21st with the scan showing a tiny bean inside the sac, although it was still measuring a couple of weeks behind where it should have been. We got an appointment to go back on March 4th where we were expecting to see the heartbeat. Unfortunately, everything has gone wrong since and this morning there was a miscarriage - so it's been a sad day for us.

I'm so sorry, my thoughts are with ye xx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Sorry to hear that Loais man.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭trinz23

So sorry to hear that Laios man, my thoughts are with you both xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Laois Man thats terrible thinking of you both xx

Julias jewel I felt great after Zumba it was the best I had felt all week feeling queasy a lot of the time now. The only relief I get from it is when I'm actually eating even though its the last thing I want to do. I weighed myself yesterday and I haven't gained any weight. I know I'm only just over 7 weeks but is that normal? Was expecting to be up a pound or two!

• Advertisement

lolademmers, haha thats a good complaint to have! Dont most people loose weight? I have put on the 2 pound! Didnt go to aqua aerobics tonight with headcold, so just did some light excercises.

Im getting cramps the last 2 days. Has anyone had them or got them??

My friend had a boy 3 weeks ago and only saw him today. I could have watched him sleep alday... So cute ;)

Yeah I have been gettings cramps kinda like mild period pains but the doctor said they are my uterus stretching. All these changes and its only the beginning!

Yeah I have been gettings cramps kinda like mild period pains but the doctor said they are my uterus stretching. All these changes and its only the beginning!

I know! It's crazy, I feel like I'm waddling around already !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Hey folks,

first-time post under this username (I'm a boardsie but created a new account for this thread!) Found out I'm pregnant on Saturday evening - went to the doctors today to have it confirmed etc. It's my first - I'm 37, and have been TTC for about 13 years so I'm really, really excited!! I'm DYING to tell someone but will be keeping it to myself for quite a while yet. I'm due around the 30th October :)

Nikpmup that's brilliant. Welcome and congratulations :)

• Advertisement

Congrats reverse-pumpkin! Can't wait to find out who you are in a couple of months! :)

I'm suffering badly with nausea since yesterday morning. I haven't been great for the past three weeks but this week takes the biscuit. I'm useless at work and at home. My poor husband is on constant nappy duty with our youngfella.

I really hope this wears off soon. It started to ease at 10 weeks last go, so that's around a week and a half away.

Hope everyone is well.

Ok how slow am I that i didnt realise nikpmup was pumpkin in reverse!! baby brain??

Lol, I chose nikpmup because of the Halloween-ish due date - lil' pumpkin!

I haven't had any morning sickness , in fact, I've been ravenous! Could eat a horse, 24/7! However, my boyfriend just leaned in to give me a kiss, he'd just had a coffee, and I did feel a bit of a heave - he smelled like a coffee factory. I LOVE my coffee, I haven't had any since I found out I was pregnant and was really missing it but I wonder will I develop an aversion to it now?!

Das Kitty, I'm not a hugely regular boards poster, but I do know a few people on here IRL so I can't be revealing myself just yet :)

nikpmup wrote: »
    Lol, I chose nikpmup because of the Halloween-ish due date - lil' pumpkin!

I haven't had any morning sickness , in fact, I've been ravenous! Could eat a horse, 24/7! However, my boyfriend just leaned in to give me a kiss, he'd just had a coffee, and I did feel a bit of a heave - he smelled like a coffee factory. I LOVE my coffee, I haven't had any since I found out I was pregnant and was really missing it but I wonder will I develop an aversion to it now?!

Das Kitty, I'm not a hugely regular boards poster, but I do know a few people on here IRL so I can't be revealing myself just yet :)

My morning sickness only kicked in at 7 weeks, so there's time yet!

I had a huge aversion to tea and coffee last time. It's not so pronounced this time and I can have it sometimes. My aversion to people is back though. Can't let anyone near me!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    My morning sickness only kicked in at 7 weeks, so there's time yet!

I had a huge aversion to tea and coffee last time. It's not so pronounced this time and I can have it sometimes. My aversion to people is back though. Can't let anyone near me!

Aversion to people? I want that, I might get away with it with MIL..

I usualy dont like fanta but have a sudden longing for it. OH is bringing home some after work..

Eating for Ireland continues today... I hope this doesn't carry on the whole time, I'll be a whale! Boobs are extremely sore and sensitive - I've had to go and buy wire-free bras today in a bigger cup size (just a couple of cheap ones to see me through for a while) and I've also bought a couple of vest tops with hidden support shelves in them to wear to bed as my poor ol' knockers are killing me when they're loose in bed! Himself is delighted with their sudden enlargement!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Have a private scan booked for tonight as hosp apt not till April now.
    I reckon im 8.5weeks but finding it hard to take in (no 3) so maybe the scan will help.

We had to cancel a big Florida holiday due to our special news so my partner has booked us flight to Portugal for a week in May...last holiday as a family of 4

Let us know how you get on collegeme, so exciting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chicita

Hi guys,
    Joining the October thread, albeit a bit nervously! Due end of October so I am currently 5 weeks. This is an IVF baby so the emotions are all over the place. Excited but so nervous as we have had a miscarrige before.

This pregnancy seems much stronger though, hcg at 4 weeks was 452 and at 4+6 was 4152, so its doubling every 48 hours as it should we.

We have the 6 week scan next week so fingers crossed it all goes ok!

So far I feel great, a bit of constipation and stretching pains but physically fine. Emotionally is a totally different story though!

Oh terribly sorry to hear laoismans update.
    Hoping you find yoyrselves back on these threads soon x

Had the scan tonight and am measuring between 8+5 & 9 weeks. Amazing to see a real strong heartbeat and bean was active moving about.
    Glad i didnt stress too much about lack of symptoms. I dont feel pregnant but the proof was on screen.

• Advertisement

Welcome chicita...wishing you a h&h 9months

Collegeme, that must have been amazing! I'm hoping to get an early scan, my GP gave me a letter to have an early appointment, so fingers crossed.

Chicita, I did ivf several years ago - congrats on your positive outcome! It's not an easy route.

I'm starting to wonder how long I'm going to be able to keep it to myself in work - I do quite a physical job, with lots of lifting etc and working with sometimes aggressive patients and I've been risk assessed to avoid all that, which is fine with my boss, but in the last couple of days I've been getting requests to do stuff from other staff which I'm just not comfortable doing and I'm going to run out of excuses soon!! If I tell them I'm pregnant they'll absolutely be fine with me avoiding risk factors, but it's really early days yet. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

nikpmup wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder how long I'm going to be able to keep it to myself in work - I do quite a physical job, with lots of lifting etc and working with sometimes aggressive patients and I've been risk assessed to avoid all that, which is fine with my boss, but in the last couple of days I've been getting requests to do stuff from other staff which I'm just not comfortable doing and I'm going to run out of excuses soon!! If I tell them I'm pregnant they'll absolutely be fine with me avoiding risk factors, but it's really early days yet. Hmmm.

Could you say that you pulled something in your back and have to take it easy for a couple of weeks until you want to tell them?

9 weeks tomorrow.

It's passing a lot quicker this time. :eek:

I suppose the only thing I really want to get that I didn't have for my first is a co-sleeper cot. I don't have the utter confusion of trying to pick a buggy to contend with!

Wooha wrote: »

Could you say that you pulled something in your back and have to take it easy for a couple of weeks until you want to tell them?

Yeah, I'm going to have to try something along those lines. I reckon the gossip mill will be in overdrive anyway, because I've been pulled off nights and I've been moved out of the high-risk area, which I normally work in. Sure, if I'm outed, I'm outed, nothing I can do about it. Bigger picture : staying safe and having a healthy pregnancy.

I got a letter for my early appointment today, it's in two weeks. I was also on to the foetal assessment unit about an early scan, I'll be given one between 8-10 weeks if the doc thinks its necessary, but otherwise I'll have a mini-scan at my first appointment. My partner is giddy with excitement - I showed him a YouTube video of a scan and he was like a child waiting for Christmas. I can't wait - 40 weeks is going to feel very long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Elmo_92

Due in October!! On my first ;) getting really bad symtoms and only 9 weeks!!
    Sleep deprived ;(

Welcome elmo 92! Congrats. I will be 9 weeks on Friday. Thought my symptoms were easing off but the nausea came back today. Why on the weekend when I can chill out?!? So sick of feeling sick!

Welcome Elmo!

I'm still constantly hungry, but this evening I can feel a metallic tang to the back of my mouth..... Also, getting into almighty cranky humours for no good reason!!! If this continues I can see me and my long-suffering Boyf having major hissy fits haha! No sickness yet... fingers crossed it doesn't make up for it in the next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

hope everyone is getting on ok :) I cannot stop EATING! my jeans are already tight and im only 7 weeks.. this is not good!! i had pains in my lower stomach for the last week and last night ended up in a&e, was so early it may have been ectopic but got an internal scan and everything is perfect so im DELIGHTED right now :)

• Advertisement

Madisson wrote: »
    hope everyone is getting on ok :) I cannot stop EATING! my jeans are already tight and im only 7 weeks.. this is not good!! i had pains in my lower stomach for the last week and last night ended up in a&e, was so early it may have been ectopic but got an internal scan and everything is perfect so im DELIGHTED right now :)

Jaysus, me too!! I'll be a whale at this rate!
    And delighted everything is okay, hope you're feeling better

Advertisement