Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

N25/N30 - New Ross Bypass [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Is it me or do some of those look like grade separated junctions?

This road will be motorway standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

hi5 wrote: »

This road will be motorway standard.
    Can you elaborate or give your source for the above, as until now, I did not see/hear anything about it being motorway standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    Can you elaborate or give your source for the above, as until now, I did not see/hear anything about it being motorway standard?

http://www.eib.org/infocentre/press/releases/all/2016/2016-019-eib-green-light-for-n25-new-ross-bypass.htm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Only 1 compact GSJ according to BAM.

The project also comprises three roundabout junctions at Glenmore (N25), Ballymacar Bridge (N25), Corcoran’s Cross (N30), a compact grade separated junction on the R733, a railway bridge over the disused New Ross/ Waterford railway line near Glenmore, 11 road bridges and 13 minor structures such as accommodation underpasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

The project also comprises three roundabout junctions at Glenmore (N25), Ballymacar Bridge (N25), Corcoran’s Cross (N30), a compact grade separated junction on the R733, a railway bridge over the disused New Ross/ Waterford railway line near Glenmore, 11 road bridges and 13 minor structures such as accommodation underpasses.

I presume that if they upgrade Glenmore to Waterford by pass the roundabout at Glenmore will be removed and replaced with a Gsj.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Yep the Glenmore junction would be GSJ'd as part of the Waterford-Glenmore scheme

The other two are the terminus at the east on the N25 and the terminus on the N30.

I suspect it will be quite some time before New Ross to Wexford n25 gets upgraded, and I doubt the n30 will in the next 30 years Plus!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

marno21 wrote: »
    Yep the Glenmore junction would be GSJ'd as part of the Waterford-Glenmore scheme

The other two are the terminus at the east on the N25 and the terminus on the N30.
    I do think they probably should be having the N25 junction a GSJ though. The one with the N30 is fine as a RAB.

spacetweek wrote:
    I do think they probably should be having the N25 junction a GSJ though. The one with the N30 is fine as a RAB.

N/M11 roundabout at Clogh works fine. You don't want to build a GSJ if you are unsure how further N25 improvements my tie in to this new main line

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I'd say that roundabout will be left in-situ even if the Waterford - Glenmore bit gets built. The N25 really doesn't need to be fully grade seperated. It would be nice, but it won't happen I don't think. GSJs on city/town bypasses, yes. Thats why I think its sensible that the main New Ross junction will be GSJ, just as the main Waterford ones are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I'd say that roundabout will be left in-situ even if the Waterford - Glenmore bit gets built. The N25 really doesn't need to be fully grade seperated. It would be nice, but it won't happen I don't think. GSJs on city/town bypasses, yes. Thats why I think its sensible that the main New Ross junction will be GSJ, just as the main Waterford ones are.

If the Waterford-Glenmore scheme and the New Ross BP schemes are both HQDC then it would make sense that a GSJ would be in place there as both schemes are of the same standard. Roundabouts should only be in place on schemes where there is a HQDC element if there is a change in standard. For example there's a roundabout on the N4 HQDC, same standard so should be a GSJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Pink Rock road is now closed and security personnel are stopping anyone out there for a look .

Machinery has moved in and its great to this beginning at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

8sxHzz3IRwWRbQOFFhGq_home-carousel-2-3.jpg

There is a petition to stop the new bridge been named Rose Kennedy bridge .

Can be signed here : http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nomorekennedys

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭josip

There is a petition to stop the new bridge been named Rose Kennedy bridge .

Can be signed here : http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nomorekennedys

Jaysus, what a load of bollox.
    The bridge is landing a lot closer to the Kennedy homestead than the town of Ross.
    Who would Glenmore name it after? Christy Heffernan? Micky Barron?
    Rose Kennedy is a grand name for it, maybe Patrick Kennedy would have been more appropriate, but I've no problems with Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Apart from this silly petition, any other news from the site?

Geogregor wrote: »
    Apart from this silly petition, any other news from the site?
    No sign of a website yet like BAM's other projects: www.n7n11.ie & www.m11gtoe.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Bards

marno21 wrote: »
    No sign of a website yet like BAM's other projects: www.n7n11.ie & www.m11gtoe.ie

Up afew days now http://www.n25newross.ie

Bards wrote: »
    Up afew days now http://www.n25newross.ie
    Great find Bards, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Azatadine

How much time wise is it expected to knock off the journey from Waterford to Wexford? All depends which direction and time of day I guess.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Looking forward to this being up and running.
    http://www.n25newross.ie/project-updates/
    Bridge pier construction will commence over the coming months and progress will be visible on the webcam available on the N25 New Ross Bypass project website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Wheres the guy that wrote a script to scrape images off the N7 Newlands webcam when it was being upgraded? Need to get him involved here too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Wheres the guy that wrote a script to scrape images off the N7 Newlands webcam when it was being upgraded? Need to get him involved here too.

I'm on it - I used a piece of freeware last time. There was another person that did it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭purplepanda

josip wrote: »
    Jaysus, what a load of bollox.
    The bridge is landing a lot closer to the Kennedy homestead than the town of Ross.
    Who would Glenmore name it after? Christy Heffernan? Micky Barron?
    Rose Kennedy is a grand name for it, maybe Patrick Kennedy would have been more appropriate, but I've no problems with Rose.

Nick O'Donnell, one of the greatest hurlers played for both KK & WX, much better local connections than any American Kennedy IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭eagerv

Out for a walk this morning at the Pink Rock.

Some site work started and clearance on the Wexford side at Stokestown.

Sorry about photo quality taken on phone.

20160730_114839_zpsvty0cjys.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

eagerv wrote: »
    Out for a walk this morning at the Pink Rock.

Some site work started and clearance on the Wexford side at Stokestown.

Sorry about photo quality taken on phone.

20160730_114839_zpsvty0cjys.jpg

Is this where the bridge will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭eagerv

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    Is this where the bridge will be?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

Joe Duffy is doing a piece on the naming of the bridge on Liveline today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Moyarney

Earthworks have been ongoing in Ballymacar for at least two weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Moyarney wrote: »
    Earthworks have been ongoing in Ballymacar for at least two weeks now.
    Any chance for some photos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Moyarney

Geogregor wrote: »
    Any chance for some photos?
    I can't post photos but I'll try take some tomorrow anyway.

Advertisement