Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2014 News & Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Chatted to Jeremy last night about it, here's a link. He was really positive about the project but keen to make sure that everyone keeps their level of expectations to a reasonable level. He knows the difficulty of jumping into Moto2 would be high even if he was on a top bike but with a new bike it's going to be a huge challenge. The bike is very innovative so it will be interesting to see how he gets on.
    Can't wait to see what happens, when I was a kid Jeremy was the only Irishman at the top levels of racing so it's going to be great to see him back on track again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Reminder that the Marc Marquez special is on BT Sports 1 tonight at 8pm

Anyone heading over to Silverstone this weekend?

Paul Bird Motorsport are to pull out of Motogp at the end of the season, Michael Laverty is quoted on crash.net as saying he will probably race in BSB next season.

No word on Aprillas possible early return to Moto GP or deal with Gresini.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That's a shame. PBM I mean.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

frostie500 wrote: »
    I have a weekend ticket. But I'm not going. My asshole mates who promised me last January that they were going, pulled out at the last minute!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That's no excuse...

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Asshole mates? Who needs them, just book a ticket on the Ferry and bring your tent.
    I wouldn't miss it if I had a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

No, but...

tickets.jpg

:D:D:D

Scotty # wrote: »
    No, but...

ClAd, Aragon is a great weekend but it's in the middle of nowhere! I'll probably be there for the Sat and Sun

• Advertisement

Hi Frostie , any uodates on the rumours that the Marc VDS Honda deal for Scott Redding is all down to finalising the finances and the Gresini/Aprilia deal is close to completion with Bautista and Melandri as riders?

If Gresini does sign up with Aprilia do the PBM slots become worthless ?

Hi Frostie , any uodates on the rumours that the Marc VDS Honda deal for Scott Redding is all down to finalising the finances and the Gresini/Aprilia deal is close to completion with Bautista and Melandri as riders?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Great Moto2 race today.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Infoanon wrote: »

VDS have most of their budget sorted for the bike but had based that number on getting financial support for tyres and freight. Without that need to find another two million but if they can get Redding and an RCV they'll do that without issues
    The PBM slots would probably keep their value regardless because of the travel Monet allowances but I also think that IRTA has already bought them back so that they can auction them off
    Gresini and aprilia will be announced at misano and it's looking like bautista and melandri as the two riders. It'll be a very uncompetitive bike though and the slowest on the grid

Alex Marquez signs a two year deal with Marc VDS Moto2 team.
    http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2014/Alex+Marquez+to+move+up+to+Moto2+with+Marc+VDS

h3000 wrote: »
    Great Moto2 race today.

Brilliant races all round - Rabat finally wins without a pole start, Lorenzo/Marquez once again putting on a brilliant display and Moto 3 - wow ! Like the good old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

Scotty # wrote: »
    No, but...

tickets.jpg

me and wife going to aragon,went last year great gp but as frostie says its a bit remote.we went to jerez in may in my opinion was slighty better than aragon

doublejj wrote: »
    me and wife going to aragon,went last year great gp but as frostie says its a bit remote.we went to jerez in may in my opinion was slighty better than aragon
    Jerez is mega, best European venue of the year, absolutely love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Gresini and aprilia will be announced at misano and it's looking like bautista and melandri as the two riders. It'll be a very uncompetitive bike though and the slowest on the grid

Does this mean Aprilia will be finishing with Wsbk? The series is already on its knees so I'd be worried if anymore manufacturers withdraw.

It would be nice to see Marco back but after a few years in superbikes and on an uncompetitive package he's going to be battling down the pack.

Donington Park to host the 2015 British MotoGP

• Advertisement

WSBK was always intended to be a series for the importers and distributors to run street based machinery, the Japanese never wanted it to be a full factory series.
    However what Superbike needs is to have all the different series in the UK,(whats left of the AMA) US, and RoW using the same rules.
    This would allow wildcards to compete in local races and get the series back to what it was meant to be.
    The differentiation between GP and SBK needs to be clearer, because since the move to 4 strokes and latterly 1000cc machines the lines are blurred for casual viewers.
    In the past when GP was 2 stroke 500's and SBK was 750 4t the lines were clear.
    Now with Open class bikes using modified 1000cc SBK engines on the same grid as 1000cc GP bikes how can a casual fan tell the difference?
    Maybe Superbike should go back to 750cc? It would open the doors to a lot more circuits as the extra power is simply too much for many courses example being BSB Brands Hatch Indy circuit.
    I think Dorna should differentiate the series more.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Does this mean Aprilia will be finishing with Wsbk? The series is already on its knees so I'd be worried if anymore manufacturers withdraw.

It would be nice to see Marco back but after a few years in superbikes and on an uncompetitive package he's going to be battling down the pack.
    Tough to say but you'd imagine that their factory involvement would end and they'd support some customer teams. I'll be in here's so should be able to do some snooping!

They could make another hot machine like the Cube!
    :D

Interesting news about DMG giving up on Superbike racing and it reverting back to AMA/KRAVE for FIM sanctioned events.
    If there is any rider that can successfully run a Motorcycle race my money would definately be on Wayne Rainey.
    Hopefully this is the start of a rejuvenated US racing series that is properly run and more importantly capable of producing riders that are able to compete on an international basis.
    Its looked pretty bleak for US riders lately with the retirement of Edwards, and Spies leaving the injured Hayden to carry the flag.
    The other US riders don't seem to have the speed that is required at this level.
    To be clear I am referring to GP racing not WSBK which is worse.

I talked to Rainey about it in Austin at the start of the year and has got big plans for it.o

I talked to Rainey about it in Austin at the start of the year and has got big plans for it.o
    Great, it couldn't have got any lower.
    Spill the beans when you can.. enquiring minds want to know.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Great, it couldn't have got any lower.
    Spill the beans when you can.. enquiring minds want to know.

He's just looking to do what needs to be done to streghten the AMA Superbikes and Supersport classes with a proper TV deal and a legit path to the top for young riders from the dirt trucks upwards. Nothing ground breaking but just back to basics

So Gresini are going to run Aprilia's, presumably that rules out Redding from Gresini.
    That leaves VDS and Aspar as likely contenders to run the Factory RCV assuming they can come up with the money for the bike.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    So Gresini are going to run Aprilia's, presumably that rules out Redding from Gresini.
    That leaves VDS and Aspar as likely contenders to run the Factory RCV assuming they can come up with the money for the bike.

Seems like Marc VDS will have Redding on the Factory Honda. Supposed to be a done deal. No official announcement though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

^Great news. On Twitter yesterday it sounded like they hadn't quite raised the funds for the Honda so hopefully they've finally managed.

Looking forward to seeing them in MotoGP especially with that great livery. They seem a real professional run outfit.

Advertisement