Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat breathing heavy after being spayed

• 16-11-2010 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

My mother had her cat spayed in September and it's breathing has been affected ever since. She was later told by a relative who is a farmer that this vet was more accustomed to livestock. The cat was sent to a vet hospital to get x-rays which were pretty expensive and the cat was found to have a cloud on it's lungs. It's breathing was fine before the spaying. It's on antibiotics at the moment and it's ribcage is constantly going in and out as are it's nostrils. She said it was if the vet sent her to somebody he knew to cover his tracks. Does anybody have any idea what might have gone wrong?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

It could be unrelated to the spay, just a coincidence perhaps.
    Anesthetics are routine but can be tough on animals some are more sensative than others just one of those things I'd say.
    Fingers crossed the cat will be on the mend but if the breathing worsens or if there's any worries take her back to the vets, if your mum feels more comfortable she could always go with a different vet next time just to put her mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Maybe he's F'ing fuming :)

sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭trixie11

sounds very similar to my mums cat who has an awful time trying to breath sometimes, all chesty and wheezy. we've been told hes got asthma, xrays havent shown up anything though and we have to give him steroids every few days. he was spayed about 2 years ago but i dont know if his prolem started as a result of this.perhaps go to another vet and see if they say same?

Advertisement