Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2001 Audi A3 1.6L Petrol - Central Locking Stopped Working

• 01-09-2013 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I’m having issues with my central locking. Basically the central locking has suddenly stopped working; nothing is happening with the key fob no noises from the pump. The central locking is also not working by key, each door has to be opened individually. Electric windows and sunroof have also stopped working. I have tested the fuse and all seems ok.

Any advise / suggestions on how to fix, would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jupiler_beer

The fact that the central locking is not working with the key, would this suggest that it's not a faulty pump but something else

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

The first thing to do is check the fuses. Sounds to me like one has blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jupiler_beer

I’m having issues with my central locking. Basically the central locking has suddenly stopped working; nothing is happening with the key fob no noises from the pump. The central locking is also not working by key, each door has to be opened individually. Electric windows and sunroof have also stopped working. I have tested the fuse and all seems ok.

Any advise / suggestions on how to fix, would be greatly appreciated

Yea i checked the fuse and all is OK on that front

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is everything else working, cabin lamp turns on/off with the doors open/close? Electric windows?
    Could be the driver door switch or the pump perhaps.

Advertisement