Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wiring Trailer Light Socket

Options
  • 30-08-2013 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi.

I am putting a trailer light socket on 2006 Corolla. Can I connect directly to existing wires at tail lights, or is a relay required?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

On a 2006 car you'll almost certainly need a relay kit. Even if you don't, it's a good idea anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

I did a 2005 avensis and didn't need a relay.

If they are bulb type lights then you won't need a relay, just split the cables.

The only thing is you may need special adapters to make a sound when the indicators are on. This is because the fast ticking when a bulb is blown wont work when the trailor is connected to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cantescape

Thanks for the replies.

The relay seems like a good idea, I would prefer this option, although I have been told there is no problem wiring directly. The only issue is having to route a wire to the battery for the relay.

Advertisement