Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

How did you do 100 percent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'd actually rate the current Simpsons above current South Park. Neither are good though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

jaykhunter wrote: »
    RE: Simpsons, I'm a MASSIVE Simpsons fan, but I'd actually rate is amongst the lowest quality of animations I still watch. Down with Brickleberry!

I'm not sure if you do already but I'd really recommend Archer and Bob's Burgers. The latest seasons of South Park are hit & miss.
    I can't recommend Archer enough, I love that show!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Water restrictions in Dublin starting tonight and continuing for the next five nights.

The cause is, wait for it, too much RAIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,777 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Welcome to Ireland where, rain or shine, there'll be no water

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Water restrictions in Dublin starting tonight and continuing for the next five nights.

The cause is, wait for it, too much RAIN!

But surely that would... I mean if anything... What...? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Another year of Halloween over, didn't feel a bit like it tbh.
    Nobody dressed up as Toru Yano either which is disappointing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

http://www.independent.ie/sport/roy-keane-set-to-become-martin-oneills-ireland-assistant-29719931.html

the title of that link says it all, Roy Keane to become Martin O'Neil's assistant when he takes over as Ireland boss. That's mad ted! but sure will be entertaining if it happens.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

http://www.independent.ie/sport/roy-keane-set-to-become-martin-oneills-ireland-assistant-29719931.html

the title of that link says it all, Roy Keane to become Martin O'Neil's assistant when he takes over as Ireland boss. That's mad ted! but sure will be entertaining if it happens.

Well the Ireland team just got a whole more interesting. Im looking forward to the team announcements actually press conferences in general

Keane and O'Neill, jaysus talk about opposites. Hope this means Brendan O'Carroll doesn't get to manage us again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think O'Neil would be ideal for Ireland. He will find a way to get the better players into the team, get the ordinary players to perform well and a system that gives them a chance to win games. He will be realistic as well, any talk of Ireland playing more possession football and using creative play in central areas is a load of nonsense.

Attitude went wrong under Trap and he messed up with how he dealt with people, after the euros, you could not see any belief in the players, that they thought they could stand up and get a big result. From the Paris game to Germany at home was a huge (negative) shift in belief, intent and desire. Genuinely think the players got tired of how he treated players and the respect they had for him at the start vanished,

Martin will sort that.

I would be shocked to see Keane as assistant to anyone.

I think Keane has been neutered considerably by joining ITV (or UTV for us republicans) but he did get a poor enough Sunderland to a point where they got promoted and haven't dropped down since. He had Greg Halford and Chopra playing in that team too FFS. Regardless, MON will have an excuse if he fails to get this team to the Euros. I'd be cautious enough about him but at the minimum he'd at least pretend to give a ****e.

If Ireland qualify for the Euros (quite likely given the expansion of the tournament) MON/Keane will be considered a success, perhaps MON will get another Prem Job as a result of his rep being improved as a result and Keane will step up and become the manager. Wouldn't shcok me anyway if Keane is the manager afterwards if things go well for the duo

Wonder if O'Neill can get Connor Wickham to play for us :o
    Awful day of football for me Liverpool and Milan soundly beaten back to back.

Is there a place to download GAA & hurling highlights or games? I have to show and explain to people at work these but there is no wifi at work and the usual sources for tv / movie downloads is drawing a blank (or atleast what im finding isn't downloading as their arent enough sources) on the auld Irish sports. Maybe there is some RTE source or something someone might know of

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is there a place to download GAA & hurling highlights or games? I have to show and explain to people at work these but there is no wifi at work and the usual sources for tv / movie downloads is drawing a blank (or atleast what im finding isn't downloading as their arent enough sources) on the auld Irish sports. Maybe there is some RTE source or something someone might know of

Theres loads of full length games on youtube. I just had a look and the Kilkenny Galway finals are up there in there entirety from last year. (couldnt find this years AI final)

Im sure you know how to download from youtube?

Tinie wrote: »
    Theres loads of full length games on youtube. I just had a look and the Kilkenny Galway finals are up there in there entirety from last year. (couldnt find this years AI final)

Im sure you know how to download from youtube?

cheers, you just saved me from having my massive brainfart mess up what I had to do (aka yes I know how to, but honestly was drawing a blank on that as an option and was just thinking i needed internet at work if I was to use youtube videos, doh! )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Is it possible to download from the RTE Player?

I think RTE player has a certain period before they remove shows though. Most stuff would be gone by now.

I think RTE player has a certain period before they remove shows though. Most stuff would be gone by now.

Its a month iirc. You could just use something to save youtube vids and clock anyone who says hurling is crap!

• Advertisement

I think my record so far is 7-0 of introducing foreigners to hurling and them immediately loving it. That includes French/German/Polish/Spanish. They think it's a novelty initially and then get immersed in it considering how fast and high-scoring games can be. Like, a Dublin-Kerry quality game seems to happen 4-5 times in the hurling year.

tl;dr BH is getting a promotion after this.

I think my record so far is 7-0 of introducing foreigners to hurling and them immediately loving it. That includes French/German/Polish/Spanish. They think it's a novelty initially and then get immersed in it considering how fast and high-scoring games can be. Like, a Dublin-Kerry quality game seems to happen 4-5 times in the hurling year.

tl;dr BH is getting a promotion after this.

ha I wish only been in the job a few months atm but it seems none of the Germans had ever heard of Hurling or Gaelic football before they met me so I told em i'd bring em in a few videos of them both.

Just back in from a quick trip to a local museum but now gonna raid youtube of many many videos. Munich is funny on Sundays cos all shops etc are closed, only things open are cultural things like Museums & restaurants, last week I visited the castle that the Disney castle was modeled on cos there is F all else to do except for such activities on Sundays, forces you to get out and see such places.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

Was speaking to an old school friend I hadn't see in awhile. We meet them in pennys with my mother as she was shopping for the daughter in laws birthday.

His girlfriend was speaking to my mother and she was saying they are heading to nyc for new years eve. I would say she is hoping to engaged while over there.

Can't say I'm not jealous of them going over. I would love to be their for Christmas.

I must meet up with some time for a drink. We where best of friends in school

• Registered Users Posts: 28,777 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ha I wish only been in the job a few months atm but it seems none of the Germans had ever heard of Hurling or Gaelic football before they met me so I told em i'd bring em in a few videos of them both.
    Just bring them to a Munich Colmcilles game sometime. They have men's and women's teams, though think only men's in football
    http://www.munichgaa.de/

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just bring them to a Munich Colmcilles game sometime. They have men's and women's teams, though think only men's in football
    http://www.munichgaa.de/

ha yeah was told about that before... and now it's going into my talk as that'll surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 84,745 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is confirmed but does Keano know he will be No. 2 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It is confirmed but does Keano know he will be No. 2 :P

Yep O'Neill in charge of tactics, Keane who does all the talking and laying into the players, won't be much different to Steph and Triple H :pac:. A good choice as the new Authority, after years of Vince Trappatoni becoming stale anyway. May as well bring in Dunphy, Giles, Brady as The Shield, coming down through the crowd at the Aviva Stadium when the team is losing.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yep O'Neill in charge of tactics, Keane who does all the talking and laying into the players, won't be much different to Steph and Triple H :pac:. A good choice as the new Authority, after years of Vince Trappatoni becoming stale anyway. May as well bring in Dunphy, Giles, Brady as The Shield, coming down through the crowd at the Aviva Stadium when the team is losing.

Brady as Reigns, Dunphy as Ambrose and Giles as Rollins(not sure if he'd be gone on the blonde dye). Cerberus Powerbomb Biiilllllll!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Saw 8 is apparently in the pipeline. I enjoyed all of them but come on, enough is enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't think I've seen a Saw movie since Saw 3. How the devil is it still going?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement