Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pug 206 misfire/splutter. Any help please?

• 01-09-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi guys , help needed please.
    just purchased a 2000 model 206 1.1 petrol. which misfires/splutters between 3000-4000 revs. it idols fine and drives fine up to 3000 revs where it starts misfiring. also the engine light is on, on the dash and the emissions are high.
    the coil pack is fine and it has had the plugs changed. any suggestions what it could be or how to find out what it is would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭88manta

Best.thing you.can do is get a diagnostic scan. It will tell why the engine light is on and it'll tell every fault.that's recorded.

What county.are you in?

I might be able to recommend someone to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stevenshaggy

88manta wrote: »
    Best.thing you.can do is get a diagnostic scan. It will tell why the engine light is on and it'll tell every fault.that's recorded.

What county.are you in?

I might be able to recommend someone to you
    Tbh i am trying to put as little money as possible into this car and didnt really want to pay for a diognostic scan. But i may have to. I was hoping somone has had a similar problem and knew how to fix it.
    I am in county durham.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭cletus

As in England? Theres probably nobody on boards who can drop over and help you out so.

You can get cheap (€20) obd scanners, if you have an android phone and are short on cash

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You need to get the codes read. Quickest is getting a local garage to do it for you, unless you want to splash out on a tool yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

cletus wrote: »
    As in England? Theres probably nobody on boards who can drop over and help you out so.

You can get cheap (€20) obd scanners, if you have an android phone and are short on cash

A 2000 Peugeot is unlikely to be OBD-compliant, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭cletus

My '99 Fiesta is, I know its a long shot, but for short money so...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

cletus wrote: »
    My '99 Fiesta is, I know its a long shot, but for short money so...

Aye, I know. My '99 Jag is, Mrs. Goose's '99 Citroen isn't. The Fiesta's compliance could be down to the Yank influence. They've been OBD-II since 1996. ;)

Advertisement