Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoD4 - Out of fashion?

• 25-04-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I just ordered a PS3 and COD4 MW. First time buying a console in about 10 years and first time playing one in about 5!

Just wondering why there's very little activity on this forum about MW4. Does no one play it anymore?! That's a bit worrying 'cos I read that the one-player mode is really short, so I bought it for its online aspect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

MW4?

Maybe we're not talking about it is because we can't time travel like you :p

Seriously though, the majority of people hold it in high regard around here (imo) but it's hard to find non-hacked lobbies on PS3 at least.. and the numbers of people playing means it's hard to party up with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I just ordered a PS3 and COD MW4. First time buying a console in about 10 years and first time playing one in about 5!

Just wondering why there's very little activity on this forum about MW4. Does no one play it anymore?! That's a bit worrying 'cos I read that the one-player mode is really short, so I bought it for its online aspect.

Do you mean Cod 4? I still play it occasionally and theres normally people online. Only thing is I normally get a 2 bar for since I think there is a lack of people with decent host connections playing. The majority of players just get the new cod and stick with that alla MW3 and dont play the old ones anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Im assuming you mean COD 4 - Modern Warfare (1)? Apart from the hate it gets, why didnt you buy the most recent title MW3 as it would have alot of people playing it or even Black Ops? AFAIK MW1 is full of hacked lobbies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I just ordered a PS3 and COD MW4. First time buying a console in about 10 years and first time playing one in about 5!

Do you mean COD4 Modern Warefare : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_4:_Modern_Warfare ?

It's a great game, and you will find people playing it online, but most have moved over to COD MW3 : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Modern_Warfare_3

Great gameplay, but not as good maps as COD4 IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Do you mean COD4 MW. Hard to find non hacked lobbies most people will be in TDM.

They should do a remastered version of it, buff the graphics! get rid of all the hackers! update the gun sounds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭skinny malinky

IPAM wrote: »
    Im assuming you mean COD 4 - Modern Warfare (1)? Apart from the hate it gets, why didnt you buy the most recent title MW3 as it would have alot of people playing it or even Black Ops? AFAIK MW1 is full of hacked lobbies

Yeah sorry, that's the one I meant. I haven't a clue about recent video games (Metal Gear Solid 2 was the last one I bought!!). I was on Amazon earlier and saw it for a tenner. Googled some reviews from 2007 and it sounded amazing. Regretting it now though :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Yeah sorry, that's the one I meant. I haven't a clue about recent video games (Metal Gear Solid 2 was the last one I bought!!). I was on Amazon earlier and saw it for a tenner. Googled some reviews from 2007 and it sounded amazing. Regretting it now though :(

COD4 is the best Call of Duty. Avoid the new COD's like the plague.

COD4 is a great game - I'm actually playing it right now. ;)

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    COD4 is the best Call of Duty. Avoid the new COD's like the plague.

COD4 is a great game - I'm actually playing it right now. ;)

Avoid them? Why?

Looking forward to COD arriving next week, can't wait!

Avoid them? Why?

Looking forward to COD arriving next week, can't wait!

People think that it's become too complex and gimmicky and that the overall quality has gone down since the simplistic CoD4 setup.

More killstreaks, more gimmicks, mo' problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

LOL noob!

JK

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I just ordered a PS3 and COD4 MW. First time buying a console in about 10 years and first time playing one in about 5!

My COD4 senses are tingling! I'm the resisdent COD4 obsessive/super fan/addict here, how may I help you? :D

Seriously though, it's the best COD from the current gen consoles (PS3 and Xbox 360) by some distance.... IMO.. before anyone starts whining. I still play it for a few games here and there but has already been mentioned, 2 bar connection is all too common for myself and a few people I know who still play it. Still easy to do very well but nonetheless it's off putting at the same time having to be at a disadvantage to the rest of the players who seem to be from the US.

If the game was patched, I'd be back playing COD4 and wouldn't be fussed about the newer ones myself.

Single player (one player) is fantastic btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I feel sorry for you OP as you missed out on a fine game. What you're going to play is an orphaned game, nothing like it was in it's prime. The single player is brilliant, the best in the series, you'll enjoy that. It's in multiplayer where it falls down.

Multiplayer is ruined because there hasn't been any support from it's makers, the host can end the game (and frequently does), the game favours american hosts, hackers can have automatic noob tubes and fly and possibly reset your stats. Last time I played it on xbox, half the games were ruined from the above, the other half were a pale shadow of what I remembered first time round. Also you'll develop an intense loathing of grenades.

yimrsg wrote: »
    I feel sorry for you OP as you missed out on a fine game. What you're going to play is an orphaned game, nothing like it was in it's prime. The single player is brilliant, the best in the series, you'll enjoy that. It's in multiplayer where it falls down.

Multiplayer is ruined because there hasn't been any support from it's makers, the host can end the game (and frequently does), the game favours american hosts, hackers can have automatic noob tubes and fly and possibly reset your stats. Last time I played it on xbox, half the games were ruined from the above, the other half were a pale shadow of what I remembered first time round. Also you'll develop an intense loathing of grenades.

At the same time, since I haven't ever played anything since the PS2, it'll probably be a big step up. I'm sure I'll enjoy the single player mode (trying to remain optimistic here!).

From now on I'll come on boards for purchasing advice

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Leeg17 wrote: »
    MW4?

Maybe we're not talking about it is because we can't time travel like you :p
    Thomasheen wrote: »
    Do you mean Cod 4?
    Im assuming you mean COD 4
    Dardania wrote: »
    Do you mean COD4 MW.

Hey OP, do you mean COD4?

captain-obvious-1024x377.jpg

:D

I'd imagine the first 3 if not 4 were being written at the same time :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Nah, never. Yee are just slow and stupid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Ohhh this could get interesting, quick, everybody pull up a chair... Ok... COMMENCE!!!!

:pac:

739.gif
    See more on Know Your Meme

I'll have €10 on the blue pony.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I'll have €10 on the blue pony.

Pffftt... Pink will knock that blue b*tch out in 20 seconds flat...

So this is what my life has come to, discussing fictional coloured ponies over the internet with strange people... WHAT A LIFE :D:D

• Advertisement

So this is what my life has come to, discussing fictional coloured ponies over the internet with strange people... WHAT A LIFE :D:D

I'm watching you... *nods* =.=

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

The best of all the Call of Duty games, pity you waited so long to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Original poster, do you mean Call of Duty 4?

Original poster, do you mean Call of Duty 4?

No I meant Metal Gear Solid 2.

Please don't fight over me, I'm not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

On the PC the Servers are riddled with people using hacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

LakesKeane wrote: »
    LOL noob!

JK

Lolol nub.

haha jokes.
    "tumble weed...."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Hacked lobbies?

At the same time, since I haven't ever played anything since the PS2, it'll probably be a big step up. I'm sure I'll enjoy the single player mode (trying to remain optimistic here!).

From now on I'll come on boards for purchasing advice
    I havent owned a consololol "PS3" in about a year now switched to pc but i recommend Metal gear solid 4 loved that on single player!In the cod series stick to the new or relatively new for a fair chance on multi player seeing as cod 4 nd mw2 is ruined by hackers/fanboys.Black ops was just utter garbage.Mw3 is ok too technical and ruined by killstreaks..but nothing compared 2 mw2 in its prime.
    Seeing as i have been a console fan and now pc i wold've got a pc at a younger age if i knew it was as good as it is..

• Advertisement

BostonB wrote: »
    On the PC the Servers are riddled with people using hacks.
    Im not trying to troll or be a flame but do you play pc? personally i only play cod 4 promod and theres a tiny minority and when people notice they contact server admin and that person get a permanent ban or there online cd key terminated meaning they cant play online unless they fork out the cash.

Advertisement