Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlie DVD

• 09-03-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Think I might venture out and get a DVD. Any recommendations for girlie flicks?
    Thanks!,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Crazy,Stupid,Love is well worth a watch, very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

Thanks Krudler but already saw it. Anything else?

The Help? havent seen it yet but it got good reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

its not a girly dvd but im heading now to get Parked with Colm Meaney....

Need some humour after the week....

But i did hear The Help is very good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Watched 'One Day' last night didn't feel it was as good as the book but still worth a watch I'd say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

The Wedding Date
    Love Actually
    Bridget Jones's Diary
    Hitch
    Muriel's Wedding
    What Women Want
    The Time Traveller's Wife
    Ghost
    The Lake House
    The Wedding Planner

That's all I can think of that's in my download/DVD collection at the moment. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

The Notebook.

I'm not usually a fan of girly or romantic films, but loved The Notebook.

La Haine is another great film, not girlie though.

The Notebook.

I'm not usually a fan of girly or romantic films, but loved The Notebook.

Oh my God how could I have forgotten The Notebook??!! :eek:

Actually I watched The Proposal and Julie & Julia recently. First one was okay but absolutely loved the second one. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions! I didn't read them before I went out as xtravision was closing at nine. Got this thing with George clooney and Ryan gosling...not girlie and I haven't a clue what's going on....need the hubbie here to explain it to me....last time I get a 'serious' movie! Thanks again!

luppy wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I didn't read them before I went out as xtravision was closing at nine. Got this thing with George clooney and Ryan gosling...not girlie and I haven't a clue what's going on....need the hubbie here to explain it to me....last time I get a 'serious' movie! Thanks again!

The Ides Of March? yeah thats so not a girlie movie lol political thriller based around the US elections, it is good though.

• Advertisement

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Oh my God how could I have forgotten The Notebook??!! :eek:

because its a terrible movie :pac:

*ducks*

krudler wrote: »
    The Ides Of March? yeah thats so not a girlie movie lol political thriller based around the US elections, it is good though.

That's the one!! Think the pic of George clooney and Ryan gosling sucked me in. :-)

*ducks*
    :eek: :eek:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Nonsense. It is awesome :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You actually left the house and rented a dvd?

Jesus that takes me back...

How much do rental dvds even cost these days? Havent rented something in years, never had to when I worked for hmv, was as cheap to just buy them, hence how i wound up with over a thousand of the things :pac:

How much do rental dvds even cost these days? Havent rented something in years, never had to when I worked for hmv, was as cheap to just buy them, hence how i wound up with over a thousand of the things :pac:
    The last time I rented a DVD (about five or six years ago) I paid around €6 for one or two nights, think it was one night though.

That was the very last time I rented anything. Not a chance in hell I'd pay that sort of money to rent a film.

Free downloading all the way.:D

I think it was five euro....getting into this film now! There wasn't much of a selection in the shop. Was just looking at the other losers (like me) who sit in on a Friday night! Had to walk past the most popular pub in the town and felt like such a saddo!,

luppy wrote: »
    I think it was five euro....getting into this film now! There wasn't much of a selection in the shop. Was just looking at the other losers (like me) who sit in on a Friday night! Had to walk past the most popular pub in the town and felt like such a saddo!,
    There's nothing wrong with sitting in at all.

Going out is nice, but so is sitting in with a film, junk food/snacks and drinks (both soft and alcoholic.). Can have a great time even without having to get dolled up to the nines and spending a pot-load of money too.

There's nothing wrong with sitting in at all.

Going out is nice, but so is sitting in with a film, junk food/snacks and drinks (both soft and alcoholic.). Can have a great time even without having to get dolled up to the nines and spending a pot-load of money too.

Ah I know that, I just haven't been out in ages!l

*ducks*

Dislike! :eek:

• Advertisement

Dislike! :eek:

ah its just one of those movies that seems to tick all the boxes for a girlie flick, I've nothing against romantic movies or "chick flicks" if they're good, I own a few on dvd myself, long as it has good actors and a decent plot I'll watch anything regardless of genre, but that just felt like it had too much forced sentimentality, his other moves are all the same.

ah its just one of those movies that seems to tick all the boxes for a girlie flick, I've nothing against romantic movies or "chick flicks" if they're good, I own a few on dvd myself, long as it has good actors and a decent plot I'll watch anything regardless of genre, but that just felt like it had too much forced sentimentality, his other moves are all the same.

I've only seen The Notebook, haven't seen any other movie he's directed. I love The Notebook though. I was going to ask my bf to watch it with me but I know he'd hate it. :o

I've only seen The Notebook, haven't seen any other movie he's directed. I love The Notebook though. I was going to ask my bf to watch it with me but I know he'd hate it. :o

if you get a guy to sit through the notebook you know he truly loves you :pac:

Nicholas Sparks wrote the original book, along with Dear John, A Walk To Remember, Message In A Bottle (see a pattern forming here lol) for a guy he's nailed the writing of chick lit novels :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Am I the only girl in the world who hasn't seen The Notebook?

Ew, chick-flicks. I'd rather...most other things..!

Is The Help out on DVD? I liked that. Did the book justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Not a fan of chick flix generally either - but I quite like The Notebook, mainly for the sex scene...
    Another chick flick I like is Ghost, as mentioned.

I second Muriel's Wedding. Also: Clueless and Mean Girls. I do like high school movies with a bit of dark humour - Election with Reese Witherspoon is brilliant. Romy & Michele's High School Reunion I like for the 80s nostalgia. Oh Drop Dead Gorgeous - about a small town beauty pageant - love it.
    Legally Blonde isn't bad. And I like Save The Last Dance - totally considered rubbish but I likes. Great soundtrack too.

Dudess wrote: »
    Not a fan of chick flix generally either - but I quite like The Notebook, mainly for the sex scene...
    Another chick flick I like is Ghost, as mentioned.

I second Muriel's Wedding. Also: Clueless and Mean Girls. I do like high school movies with a bit of dark humour - Election with Reese Witherspoon is brilliant. Romy & Michele's High School Reunion I like for the 80s nostalgia. Oh Drop Dead Gorgeous - about a small town beauty pageant - love it.
    Legally Blonde isn't bad. And I like Save The Last Dance - totally considered rubbish but I likes. Great soundtrack too.

Mean Girls is awesome, I wont hear a bad word said against it. Clueless is a 90's classic. 10 Things I Hate About You is...kind of a chick flick I guess? but a good one as well I only watched it recently on netflix. Drop Dead Gorgeous is ****ing hilarious. I quite liked The Devil Wears Prada too but thats mainly because Stanley Tucci is in it, and anything he's in instantly becomes watchable, Meryl Streep is a good in it as always and Anne Hathaway is a fox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah I like that one too. Love Actually is good festive viewing also IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

if you get a guy to sit through the notebook you know he truly loves you :pac:

Nicholas Sparks wrote the original book, along with Dear John, A Walk To Remember, Message In A Bottle (see a pattern forming here lol) for a guy he's nailed the writing of chick lit novels :pac:

Only one I haven't seen from this list is Message in a Bottle. Is it any good? The vow is next on my list. I get very emotional at them though, I'm single (and getting "the lonelies") so those goddam "love will conquer all" movies get me worked up :rolleyes:

coco_lola wrote: »
    Only one I haven't seen from this list is Message in a Bottle. Is it any good? The vow is next on my list. I get very emotional at them though, I'm single (and getting "the lonelies") so those goddam "love will conquer all" movies get me worked up :rolleyes:

watch 500 Days Of Summer, that'll put down those feelings :pac:

• Advertisement

After reading this thread I want to watch a film now :( Can't watch anything on this desktop cause there's no speakers for it and it wouldn't handle a film anyway :(

Renting isn't an option either, far to expensive. :pac:

Advertisement