Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

christmas schedule for social welfare payments?

• 01-12-2010 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

does anyone have any idea what, if any, changes there are to the payment schedule for xmas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

yup........ there will be none :( courtesy of the IMF:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 irishkitkat

I know what you mean, are we getting paid a week early for Christmas, ie the week before Christmas do we get paid double or because Christmas falls on the Sat do we just get paid on our normal dates.

Am I correct in saying thats what you are asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 irishkitkat

I know that all the above parties and charities are trying to persuade the Government to reinstate the Christmas Bonus, but frankly we all know that is not going to happen.

Why? Because the Government does not care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Spudz76

If anyone would like to thank the TD in charge of screwing up people on disabilities and pensions Christmas again this year then send a nice little xmas note to : info@eamonocuiv.ie :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭jimmyging

I know what you mean, are we getting paid a week early for Christmas, ie the week before Christmas do we get paid double or because Christmas falls on the Sat do we just get paid on our normal date

"Getting paid" means you actually work for a wage ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Really?

I've been paying tax since I left college and unlucky enough to find myself in the situation where I'm picking up contract work and welfare.

Not everything is black and white my friend.

Edit: and on another note I hope that if your ever unlucky enough to be in a similar situation you don't come across somesome quite as judgemental and condescending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dekavo

jimmyging wrote: »
    I know what you mean, are we getting paid a week early for Christmas, ie the week before Christmas do we get paid double or because Christmas falls on the Sat do we just get paid on our normal date

some ppl have all the nerve looking down ter noses at ppl on social. neither my husband r I want it this way. we r both funeral director by trade but unfortunitly wit the way things hav been the past couple of yrs we r left wit quilfications tat r no longer any use 2 us.. so wat r we 2 do...i knw we'l get re-educated wit another quilification which wil expire 2...an the price of education 2day its impossible..(free education my foot).. wit the way the ppl get treated in this country nobody stands up an wit the few tat do wer rong 4 doin so..we both worked hard 4 yrs 4 the money we now get an tey take tat away an wats more sickening is we hav 4 babies an its the food out of ter mouth tat ter taken ter warmth even ter home.. so dont sit ter an say gettin paid means you actually work 4 a wage..if tats the case the TD is workin an gettin paid our wage 2 give himself a wage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

dekavo wrote: »

some ppl have all the nerve looking down ter noses at ppl on social. neither my husband r I want it this way. we r both funeral director by trade but unfortunitly wit the way things hav been the past couple of yrs we r left wit quilfications tat r no longer any use 2 us.. so wat r we 2 do...i knw we'l get re-educated wit another quilification which wil expire 2...an the price of education 2day its impossible..(free education my foot).. wit the way the ppl get treated in this country nobody stands up an wit the few tat do wer rong 4 doin so..we both worked hard 4 yrs 4 the money we now get an tey take tat away an wats more sickening is we hav 4 babies an its the food out of ter mouth tat ter taken ter warmth even ter home.. so dont sit ter an say gettin paid means you actually work 4 a wage..if tats the case the TD is workin an gettin paid our wage 2 give himself a wage...

would you mind spelling properly so as not to give us a headache?

also to comply with the charter

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

In answer to your question OP I would imagine that unless you collect your payments on a monday or tuesday, then it collect them as normal. These are the only week days over xmas and new year that are public holidays.

Best to ask would probably be your local post office (assuming this is where you collect your payment) or your local social welfare office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

My eyes, the goggles they do nothing :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

You sir..havent a clue..have you??

EDIT..Thats at jimmyging by the way!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I get PAID!!!!!!!....... :)

On a Friday and I have a double week on the 17th so no collection on Xmas eve. New year is as normal. L

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note::

Jesus almighty what a train wreck.

Stop correcting each others spelling and pointing out flaws in such.
    On the flip side of the coin, the forum charter asks people not to type in txt spk so plz I ask you all to type normally. :)

Topic Cleaned

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I know that the GPO has a notice in their front door notifying people of the Christmas schedule of payments. I didn't read it, but it did catch my eye.

My apologies for writing short hand I didn't know if id have enough room for what I wanted to say. Before people judge those on the social they should just step back and look at it from their shoes. Half of us never asked to be where we are today. Many of us have lost our jobs due to cuts and until we re-educate ourselves for a different line of work we have to live of the state.

As far as I know we are being paid double this week and again for the new year...hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Sully wrote: »
    Mod Note::

Jesus almighty what a train wreck.

Stop correcting each others spelling and pointing out flaws in such.
    On the flip side of the coin, the forum charter asks people not to type in txt spk so plz I ask you all to type normally. :)

Topic Cleaned

Alright so you delete two posts that i made correcting the spelling of the poster,but yet you leave in two posts pointing out flaws and such :confused::confused:

Alright so you delete two posts that i made correcting the spelling of the poster,but yet you leave in two posts pointing out flaws and such :confused::confused:

Don't argue with a MOD decision on thread Richie, send a PM k?

ziedth wrote: »
    Don't argue with a MOD decision on thread Richie, send a PM k?

Ah no its ok, I couldn't be bother to be honest,I'm sure he has his reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whittler

thank you dekavo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I got a double payment into my bank account today so I'm going to have to be really careful to stick to budget! Thanks for clarifying folks. I thought it might be a mistake as I expected the double payment next week, not this week.

• Advertisement

It should be next week IIRC. Strange.

boomerang wrote: »
    I got a double payment into my bank account today so I'm going to have to be really careful to stick to budget! Thanks for clarifying folks. I thought it might be a mistake as I expected the double payment next week, not this week.

I thought they done away with paying into peoples bank accounts?,the last time i was on the dole they told me that they stopped it due to all the cheats heading back to there home countries,and coming back once a month to sign on.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

I thought they done away with paying into peoples bank accounts?,the last time i was on the dole they told me that they stopped it due to all the cheats heading back to there home countries,and coming back once a month to sign on.

It depends on what payments you are receiving as to weather its paid into the bank or not .I am on carers benefit and it gets paid into my bank account every Thursday and this is a social welfare payment . I am new to boards hence first post but i am a fellow Waterford native:D

alibab wrote: »
    It depends on what payments you are receiving as to weather its paid into the bank or not .I am on carers benefit and it gets paid into my bank account every Thursday and this is a social welfare payment . I am new to boards hence first post but i am a fellow Waterford native:D

Welcome aboard so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Duracell22

Is there really such a need to be so mean? Also the word "earn" is more so used to imply one works for ones money . Getting paid is actually what you will find on letters from social welfare telling you where you will be "getting paid" etc. for whatever reason you are so angry, who does it help for you to pass your negativity onto others? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

My apologies for writing short hand I didn't know if id have enough room for what I wanted to say. Before people judge those on the social they should just step back and look at it from their shoes. Half of us never asked to be where we are today. Many of us have lost our jobs due to cuts and until we re-educate ourselves for a different line of work we have to live of the state.

As far as I know we are being paid double this week and again for the new year...hope this helps

Also this is the sort of situation you paid tax for while you were working, many people on social welfare, as mentioned above dont want to be, and are perfectly entitled to be no shame involved.

whittler wrote: »
    does anyone have any idea what, if any, changes there are to the payment schedule for xmas?

hi these dates went up on the social welfare site for the christmas payments:)

Payment via the Post Office - (Electronic Information Transfer (EIT) )
    Weekly Payments
    All customers paid weekly will receive their normal payment(s) and an advance payment during the week beginning Monday 13 December, 2010. The advance payment will be the payment(s) due in the week beginning Monday 20 December 2010 and therefore there will be no regular weekly payment(s) that week.

Payments due for collection on Monday 27 December 2010 may be collected from Tuesday 21 December 2010.

Payments due for collection on Tuesday 28 December 2010may be collected from Wednesday 22 December 2010.

Payments due for collection on Wednesday 29 December 2010 may be collected from Thursday 23 December 2010 with the exception of Back to Work and Disability Allowance Payments which can be collected from Wednesday, 22 December 2010.

Payments due for collection Thursday 30 December 2010 may be collected from Thursday 30 December 2010.

Payments due for Friday 31 December 2010 and Monday 3 January 2011 may be collected from Friday 31 December 2010.

Normal payment dates will resume from Tuesday 4 January 2011.

They regularly asks for bank statements now checking up on everything. They have become so strict its unreal once you sign up you can be waiting up to 6 weeks plus you even have to get a form stamped from the tax office to show you have no money coming in

Advertisement