Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Interesting new episode!! Love the part at the end showing snow & charmings child having magical powers. I'm really hoping for an eventual epic battle in fairytale land,emma v's the queen, with everyone back home,memories intact etc :) But for now...who the hell is writer guy!!! Is he a grimm,is he a storytale character???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

angelll wrote: »
    Interesting new episode!! Love the part at the end showing snow & charmings child having magical powers. I'm really hoping for an eventual epic battle in fairytale land,emma v's the queen, with everyone back home,memories intact etc :) But for now...who the hell is writer guy!!! Is he a grimm,is he a storytale character???

^ :confused: - explain?, what i got was Rumple simply got the final part of his spell collection, namely the power of love. He got hair from both Snow and Charming.....they combined and became magical. So i just assumed he now has the most powerful spell of all, that of love.

I'm also gonna assume it'll be used as part of him and Belle....very good episode once again, MM has well and truely been stitched up by Regina, not looking good for her.....:(

Of course Regina planted the key in her cell and like an idiot used it :rolleyes:, making her seem more gulity. Nice explaination for Mr. Gold and his extensive knowledge of contracts, him being a lawyer and all.... ;)

The Storybrooke part this week was actually very good but as usual and fairytale world trounces it at every turn....last several episodes seem more serialised and cohesive, more thought out and better written.

All the various flashbacks and story elements moving backward and forward in time are all forming a very large backstory in the fairytale world......it's a great show.

It could so easily have tanked and people not "got" it, but it seems they have and in droves, recomending this for anyone not picked it up yet :)

Reember when rumple said to emma that you have more power than you think...and then it showed snow white and prince charmings hair entertwined...i took that to say their child would be magical :confused:

angelll wrote: »
    Reember when rumple said to emma that you have more power than you think...and then it showed snow white and prince charmings hair entertwined...i took that to say their child would be magical :confused:

Quite possible..........

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/once-upon-time-season-1-jamie-dornan-to.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked how after the last episode, we got to see Red embrace her inner wolf and use it to her advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

Evil Bitch Snow White > Mary Margaret

"Look what you've done to Happy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Loving this show still,Grumpy was class again. What other background stories still remain,only one I can think of is Pinocchio, may be Henry in fairytale land.

I know next week will be the
    mad hatter

^ they have loads of stories and characters yet to explore...and they can create new ones!
    I am DYING to see more of The Ogre Wars.....that could potentially be epic!, like LOTR or Game Of Thrones epic. Imagine huge battle scenes in OUAT....on tv!, they'd need to throw the budget at it, but even if we got one or two eps. as season exploring this it could make for compelling and ratings record tv!

Lirange wrote: »
    Evil Bitch Snow White > Mary Margaret

"Look what you've done to Happy!"

Loved the spin they did with her and the bird...... :p

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I liked how after the last episode, we got to see Red embrace her inner wolf and use it to her advantage.

Finally a tv character/wolf that's not afraid or feel guilty about being a wolf or killing people, Teen Wolf/Vampire Diaries/True Blood etc. could learn a thing or two here!

Amazing episode tonight!....superb, the mad hatter...really mad, Wonderland, Queen of Hearts....superb and extensive use of CGI, Regina and Gold working together!....i thought it was Regina who put the key in the cell, but it was Gold!, another good twist. Emma starting to belive the fairytale and storybook is real!

A really excellent ep. with a very original spin on the Alice In Wonderland verse....i wonder if Grace was supposed to be Alice?

Amazing episode tonight!....superb, the mad hatter...really mad, Wonderland, Queen of Hearts....superb and extensive use of CGI, Regina and Gold working together!....i thought it was Regina who put the key in the cell, but it was Gold!, another good twist. Emma starting to belive the fairytale and storybook is real!

A really excellent ep. with a very original spin on the Alice In Wonderland verse....i wonder if Grace was supposed to be Alice?

how the hell does Regina have the vault of hearts in the real world?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Anyone else thinking the Queen of Hearts is Regina's Mother?

DeWitt wrote: »

Sister more like, the White Queen and Red Queen are sisters,may be Regina is a third sister.

• Or Emma as the queen of hearts!

Fantastic episode. Did this get renewed? It's coming up to the season finale isn't it?

• Answer my own question: Did get renewed, 5 more episodes left

Thought it was a brilliant episode,thrilled it's been renewed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

I don't know. But I wonder if
    Regina Mills = The Miller's Daughter from Rumpelstiltskin

Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas are knocking boots off screen!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/once-upon-together-ginnifer-goodwin-and.html

:eek: gotta watch this sneak peak from Sundays ep. - Regina is..... :eek:

http://tvline.com/2012/03/29/once-upon-a-time-episode-18-preview-video/

Scary as hell and pure eeeeeeeevil! :mad::(

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/03/barbara-hershey-speaks-on-out-eviling-the-evil-queen-on-once-upo/

• Advertisement

Isn't this old news?? The blogger sites were talking about it before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trendy88

Fantastic episode last night! Loved the background snow white and Regina story.

Slightly confused as to which side Mr Gold is really on. Also who is Augusts alter ego? Any chance he's rumplestiltskens son?

I've seen all sorts of theories regarding August. From Rump's son, to Pinocchio, Future Henry, one of the Brothers Grimm, the young boy who found Emma....and the list goes on.
    As for last nights ep, what a treat. I can't blame Regina for hating Snow *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

trendy88 wrote: »
    Also who is Augusts alter ego? Any chance he's rumplestiltskens son?

While anything is possible, I doubt it.

Rumplestiltskin's son was just turning 14 when Rump took over as The Dark One... and Rump was the dark one when he gave Jiminy the potion to use on his parents. And the people that Jiminy accidentally turned into dolls were Geppetto's parents, and he was just a boy at the time.

So Rumplestiltskin's son is older than Geppetto... and look at how old Geppetto is now.

edit: he also can't be Pinnocchio because we've seen that Pinnocchio was just a little boy when they were carving the tree into a magic wardrobe in the pilot... and just a short time later the curse froze time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

When August and Emma go the place by the toll bridge, August stops as if in pain, and then says it's okay, wonder what that was about? Looks like it was setting something up later, otherwise there was no reason to include it.
    As for last nights ep, what a treat. I can't blame Regina for hating Snow *shrug*
    I didn't really get it myself how she hates Snow so much. Yes, Snow told Regina's mother, but it was the mother who killed Regina's lover and Snow had a good excuse why she told. Regina then, I'm not sure why, suddenly changes to her evil persona once her mother makes her Queen. Did I miss something here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

anyone notice the co producers name?
    brian wankum

how unfortunate.:D

good show though.

• I didn't really get it myself how she hates Snow so much. Yes, Snow told Regina's mother, but it was the mother who killed Regina's lover and Snow had a good excuse why she told. Regina then, I'm not sure why, suddenly changes to her evil persona once her mother makes her Queen. Did I miss something here?

Could it be she's a bit mental?

Regina was OTT in her reaction to Snow, she was a child...her explanation was legit, in fact her anger and hate is misdirected....it should be aimed at her mother!, evil mom manipulated Snow into tell her about Daniel and Regina + she was just a child.

Regina's hate is misplaced and deranged, Bailee Madison played Snow superbly....she a young actress that has impressed me in everything i have seen her play, i've seen her in a fair few things.

She's terrific, perfectly cast as young Snow, even looks like Ginnifer Goodwin minus 20 years. Tbh the gripe Regina had for Snow was exactloy as i expected, it played to type but her loathing is not justified......that end, OMG!....Kathryn is still alive!

[shocker - well done show!]

When August and Emma go the place by the toll bridge, August stops as if in pain, and then says it's okay, wonder what that was about? Looks like it was setting something up later, otherwise there was no reason to include it.

I didn't really get it myself how she hates Snow so much. Yes, Snow told Regina's mother, but it was the mother who killed Regina's lover and Snow had a good excuse why she told. Regina then, I'm not sure why, suddenly changes to her evil persona once her mother makes her Queen. Did I miss something here?

+ 1 her OTT reaction to Snow was way overboard and misplaced. You didn't miss anything....i think they over simplfied the Regina/Snow thing to "fairytale" level....i expected more from this show tbh, but then i guess it *is* a fantasy/fairytale show....they had to give reason why she turned into the evil queen, a-la like all good fairytale/Disney stories.

The reason and method of turning evil is usually very simple, but as i said this show should have done something better and written this better then to type.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Yeah it's sort of okay if it's purely following fairytale logic and I've left the show off the hook for some things like this, but like you say they could've made her reason for hating Snow a bit better, especially that it's a major part of Regina's character and the plot of why she wants revenge on Snow so badly. Not that big a deal though, it doesn't really affect my overall enjoyment of the show.

Advertisement